• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lee (and everyone else) You gota see this

I thinks this looks pretty good. The larger main seat and stuffed pillion seat gives some substance to the tail end which in stock form looks too thin and frail, in contrast to the huge not-the-tank. I long for the days when seats were 3 or more inches (7.62 cm?) thick instead of 1 inch hard pads. Also, the basket weave in black looks way better than the lighter colored example shown on the BMS Website.

I would be very interested in how it works, and very interested in the group buy pricing. Gene, would you be willing to inquire on the pricing?

Greg

Last edited:
Wow. That looks awesome -- and comfy! It does look like the factory slope was removed, which is my biggest complaint.

Am I looking at the prices right?

Bill Mayer Saddles | Online Store | Bill Mayer Saddles

I'd only want the rider section done, so $444?

That's not bad, but I'd be in for a group buy if we can get enough people interested...

If Sargent ever makes a seat, I was expecting pricing to be closer to $300 (like the SV650 rider's seat). You get a complete replacement seat with the Sargent, so no down time, and that allows you to resell it when you sell the bike and recoup some of the money... which would be pluses.

trey

I checked out BMS site. There are loads of options. What am I asking for to get the exact seat shown here for my NC

I can't always see the pictures on my computer at work so this is the first chance that I have had to comment. I wish that these were available in the UK although I would only want the riders section done.
If sargent eventualy produce a riders seat for the X I would be very interested as I was impressed with their seat that I had on my ZRX1200R

Well my plans changed for todays ride. I was only able to get out for about 3 hrs and 130 miles. So far I'm very happy, much better than the stock seat. I have a special need since I broke my tailbone in a dirt bike crash 30 years ago. It never gets better. The wife and I are planning a ride tomorrow and will report on that. As far as a group buy I know it will take 15 bikes and will probably net 10/15% off. I didn't want to wait. Rb1 mine is the dual vinyl, I think the current price is $559.

I'm watching this thread with interest. At the moment my seat is like a hemorrhoid, a pain in the ass that wont go away. I'll be in for a group buy

Well Dave, I can read a little of the texts.
They are preparing a trip to Hokkaido or they are in Hokkaido Japan.
They simply say cut the shape out as you wish, to accomodate your balls and this will be an improvement to your manly circulation over long trips.

Hope this helps.
:p

Well Dave, I can read a little of the texts.
They are preparing a trip to Hokkaido or they are in Hokkaido Japan.
They simply say cut the shape out as you wish, to accomodate your balls and this will be an improvement to your manly circulation over long trips.

Hope this helps.
:p

Thanks Happy.

Woo Hoo! Email from Russell today...

Kim Elder @ RDL said:
Thank you for your recent order. Your production date is scheduled November 5, 2012 for your new seat build. The pictures you submitted with your order will be sufficient for your new seat build. Please have your seat delivered to the shop. Please use reference 11.05.2012 for any further correspondence.
Thank you, Russell Cycle

[video=youtube;MqTNQZqxCbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTNQZqxCbk[/video]

How much Gomer Pyle? :rolleyes:

It is either $565 or $600 depending on whether they judge it to be an S2 or an S3 size when they bill it out. This is for all leather solo custom with the rear recovered in leather to match. Heating was an additional $170. So, $770 plus $50 shipping worst case. For comparison, had I ordered a vinyl seat without heat it would have been $425 to $480 depending on the size judgement.

It is either $565 or $600 depending on whether they judge it to be an S2 or an S3 size when they bill it out. This is for all leather solo custom with the rear recovered in leather to match. Heating was an additional $170. So, $770 plus $50 shipping worst case. For comparison, had I ordered a vinyl seat without heat it would have been $425 to $480 depending on the size judgement.

It is worth every penny! I will spend all the money it takes to let me ride the NCX in comfort.

Last edited:
Back