• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for Pics of Red Trunk

tclhb

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at a new red NC700X with auto trans. A local dealer has a great deal on one since they are having difficulty selling the dual clutch abs version. I have googled and searched this forum, but can't find the factory top box in red trim. I even called the selling dealer and they said they only saw silver available from Honda. I am open to other brands too. Anyone have pics or suggestions? I have owned four different motorcycles is the past, and have no issues shifting. The main reasons I am considering this auto is the price, along with what I read on this forum about the auto version. They are selling the auto version at several hundred dollars less than the manual.

I also have a RED dct NC, but I never saw a RED top case for the NC from HONDA. My top case is a GIVI-v46

Ken

Last edited:
Thank you for the responses. If anyone has a top case that looks good with the red NC700, I would appreciate a picture of your bike. I'll google the Givi and see what that one looks like.

After seeing the great results that some forum members have gotten with plastic spray (like FrankQC shared above) I thought about just painting the panels of a trunk to match my red NC. I don't know how to link to another thread from my phone, but if you search for "plasti-dip" there's a great thread with a lot of pictures, directions, etc.
I've got a black (cheaper) trunk that I'll have installed once my top rack is delivered, if its soon enough to help I'll be sure to share a pic.

Don't be condused between Plasti-Dip and Fusion paint, they are not the same ! The Krylon Fusion is a permanent plastic paint that is VERY durable. That's the one I used on my Givi's. There is also a lacquer available in the Fusion lineup if you want a glossy finish.

Don't be condused between Plasti-Dip and Fusion paint, they are not the same !

Ah, my mistake! That'd be a heck of a mix up if you made a mistake and went to peel it off...

I don't have a rack to mount it yet, but here are some pics of my black trunk sitting on the back of my red Nix, for color comparison:
e3y5u3yj.jpg

e4ereneb.jpg

It's a Bestem 2012 TBox, if you're curious. Not as good quality as the OEM or Givi trunks, but much cheaper at 80 bucks from bestemusa.com

If you go with Bestem, use coupon code "likefb10" at checkout for a 10% discount. Once I get the rack in and use the trunk a bit I'll report further on it. Like I said, you can tell the quality difference between it and top tier boxes, but yeah... 80 bucks!

Finally got the SW Motech Alu-rack and Bestem 2012 T-Box mounted up. VERY happy with the trunk for the price! Here are a few pictures of the Bestem box mounted:
dane9a2u.jpg

4y6ezuge.jpg

7agedeve.jpg

Since I took those pictures I moved the mounting plate about another two inches back. The holes for the mounting plate and alu-rack don't line up, but I have used the "adapter brackets" that came with the trunk to secure it. At some point in the future I'll probably drill new holes on the plate to have it all cleaned up.
The box seems to rattle a little when empty, but is a snap to take on and off the mounting plate, works just fine for me, and I'm definitely happy with the purchase.
Also, I'm happy with how the black box seems to fit in with the red color scheme, doesn't look out of place at all.

As someone else suggested, it is easy to paint yourself. I would not think a paint shop would charge much either, as long as you carried the parts to be painted to the shop off the bike.

As someone else suggested, it is easy to paint yourself. I would not think a paint shop would charge much either, as long as you carried the parts to be painted to the shop off the bike.

I think you're right, OCR. And for only 80 bucks for the trunk, I wouldn't be so afraid that I'd mess it up, either! That might come to pass down the line if I get a wild hair to do so.

Back