• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering question

Swsws1

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so i just got done installing the soupys adjustable lowering links and lowered the rear 1in. Before installing them and while the bike was on the ground i put a digital angle finder on the frame and had a downward slope of 7.2deg down. After installing the links and adjusting them to a more comfortable height which just happened to be 1in i put the digital angle finder back onto the exact same spot on the frame and had a reading 8.1deg down. With that minute of an angle change is it really necessary to lower the front to get the exact same geometry? 1deg is not much at all. Thoughts?

I second moto...the only difference you will feel is your foot flat on the ground. I also installed the Soupys Adjustable Links and LOVE THEM! I lowered 2" in back and lowered forks as far as they would go. I am thinking of raising her to 1" lowered just to gain back some ground clearance off road.

I lowered mine approx. 30mm with Soupy link and the side stand works OK but you will have to be a little more careful where you stand it because it is more upright. Definitely noticed that you need to stomp the center stand correctly or use a board under the rear tire to raise it but no big deal. I rode it for a few weeks and did notice slight change in handling which started to bug me so I finally lowered the front 10mm which returned it to 'normal'. The change down in front was much more dramatic to me than when I lowered the rear end alone and I am very pleased with the way it handles now - better than new. I did put on a skid plate before lowering and am glad that I did because it has hit 3 or 4 times on waterbars when on class 4 roads, it's a long, low bike but that's a great thing IMO.

Be careful with Soupy's side stand. It's a little too pointy and can dig into hot pavement, dirt, grass, etc. a lot more than the original side stand. I put a plate on the bottom of mine but wore through two of them. I then decided to do more off road which means more ground clearance and I hated the stand so I raised it back up to normal and put the original side stand back on.

I second moto...the only difference you will feel is your foot flat on the ground. I also installed the Soupys Adjustable Links and LOVE THEM! I lowered 2" in back and lowered forks as far as they would go. I am thinking of raising her to 1" lowered just to gain back some ground clearance off road.

What I meant to say is, if you lower the rear one inch, the change in steering might not be noticed. I lowered mine about 2 1/2 inches, I did notice a difference at first, but I soon got used to it. I cut a 30mm section out of the kick stand. You do have to master the proper technique for the center-stand.

Mine is lowered 1" in the rear and I raised the forks about a half inch in the triple clamp. It handles better than original now, IMO.
Note - I originally raised the forks a full inch but discovered my Extenda Fenda was hitting the plastic below the radiator when hard braking, so raised it back up a half inch.

Thanks alot guys! I havnt noticed any real difference in steering, i just wanted the opinions of some more experienced individuals.

Back