• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Screen Replacemnt Question

belrix

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been using a 20" Madstad on my NCX for the last couple of years and love it! My screen is the Sport SD style and thinking of ordering a replcament in the Adventure style for a couple of reasons, my current screen is medium grey thinking of going to light gray and the Adventure looks cooler!

Has anyone rode both sytle of screens? Is there any difference in the performance of the two sytles? Any issues with between the Adventure screen and hand guards?

Thanks

belrix

I have been using a 20" Madstad on my NCX for the last couple of years and love it! My screen is the Sport SD style and thinking of ordering a replcament in the Adventure style for a couple of reasons, my current screen is medium grey thinking of going to light gray and the Adventure looks cooler!

Has anyone rode both sytle of screens? Is there any difference in the performance of the two sytles? Any issues with between the Adventure screen and hand guards?

Thanks

belrix

I was not aware there were two versions of the screen. I had a 22" dark gray that I replaced with a 20" light gray. I MUCH PREFER the lighter shade as it really improves your view of close in road conditions. I find myself looking through the main screen all the time. Both screens hit my Givi handguards at full lock, but the guards flex and I rarely go full lock anyway - I do not feel it is a safety issue with the Givi guards. I also added the x-creen spoiler to my 20" screen and that made it the perfect set up for me (6' with 32" inseam).

Attachments

• DSCN1939.jpg
    DSCN1939.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 154

Thanks

belrix

I don't recall the names of the screen styles, but when the Madstad came out for the NC700X, I bought the one that looked cooler because the bottom was just a V shape. I found it let's a lot of air around the bottom that hits me in the neck and makes noise. The beemerphile bike I bought has the screen that droops on the outer lower edges. I think it runs a little quieter

I don't recall the names of the screen styles, but when the Madstad came out for the NC700X, I bought the one that looked cooler because the bottom was just a V shape. I found it let's a lot of air around the bottom that hits me in the neck and makes noise. The beemerphile bike I bought has the screen that droops on the outer lower edges. I think it runs a little quieter
Please post pictures if possible, I'm going to be buying a 20" light grey Madstad screen soon and it's the most I've spent on a farkle and want to make sure I get it right the first time.

Please post pictures if possible, I'm going to be buying a 20" light grey Madstad screen soon and it's the most I've spent on a farkle and want to make sure I get it right the first time.

I think the winglets serve the same function - no? (Installed in photo above)

I thought the winglets were for the hands or sides/shoulder I figured the height and gap is what would effect wind noise and buffering. Those are my main concern, mostly the noise from the wind

I thought the winglets were for tour hands or sides/shoulder I figured the height and gap is what would effect wind noise and buffering. Those are my main concern, mostly the noise from the wind

Well...my 20", winglets and x-creen (properly adjusted) is as quiet as I have had in 30 years.

Back