• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Muffler failure

eastbayandy

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2012 700x came with a Danmoto muffler. the can is cracking around the slip on part. I can buy a new one on Amazon for $160, but I'd like something a little longer lasting. The bike has less than 7k . I liked the look and sound though. recommendations?

OK, I see you can spend some big bucks for a quality muffler. This one is just $20 more
Honda NC700X 9" SS70 Oval Stainless Steel Muffler Delkevic US KIT25B7. anybody have one?

and for a few bucks more, a longer oval. looks better than the short round one
Honda NC700X 14" Oval Stainless Steel Muffler Delkevic US KIT04B7

I found a thread on the Delkevics, seems folks are happy with them. I like the carbon look, probably easier ti keep clean too. I might spring for the 18" carbon, $250.

Personally, for a cycle as heavy as the NC with its rather low-hanging silencer, I wouldn't get anything that requires periodic repacking. That's for smaller dualsports and true dirt bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could look around for someone who would weld it for you. If they're good it'd probably last longer than the original welds, and wouldn't cost half as much as a new muffler. Of course, that's assuming the crack is in the old weld. Don't know if they could do anything for it if the sleeve itself was cracked/torn.

You could look around for someone who would weld it for you. If they're good it'd probably last longer than the original welds, and wouldn't cost half as much as a new muffler. Of course, that's assuming the crack is in the old weld. Don't know if they could do anything for it if the sleeve itself was cracked/torn.

the crack isn't in a weld. looks like a lot of inexpensive cans will slide right on my header[51mm] I might just take a chance on one of these generic on Amazon. less than $80!

Personally, for a cycle as heavy as the NC with its rather low-hanging silencer, I wouldn't get anything that requires periodic repacking. That's for smaller dualsports and true dirt bikes.

It looks just like the Danmoto that came with the bike. I actually like the look and sound. If it doesn't work out I could probably resell it without too much of a loss. I could buy 10 or more of them for what more expensive exhausts go for.

Last edited:
Back