• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc colours?

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
now why doesn't Honda do a NC similar to this.
I rather like it,if I had a white bike then I would do some thing like this.

NC750D-Scooter-2014-2.jpg

if it had more luggage space I probably would buy one.

It surprises me too. That white, red, and blue combo has been around for years. My first bike that I actually purchased in 1987 was that color scheme. Why they chose to use one color for the entire bike is curious.

In the USA, anyway, Honda plays it safe with colors. Monotone grey, red, or black or white is on over 95% of their new models. Even the automobile lineup is bad, too. Their conservative color choices is what I dislike most about Honda. That's why I painted my NC.

I am guessing Honda has done enough market research to know that most of the NC700X riders bought the bike for utility purpose and prefer solid and "conservative" colors. The Grom, CBRx00, and CBX00F, on the other hand, can be had with more "exciting" graphics.

Grom comes in the same old boring colors, except that there is a yellow choice this year. Even the GL1800 used to come in half dozen colors each year. Now it's only black, red, or if you're really daring, black and red.

Is it a cost savings thing? It has to be.

I thinks it's cost savings from having fewer painted pieces to stock. Also, it lessens the chance that dealers get stuck with a color that won't sell.

The buying public drives this. Most people buy dull car colors, if you can even call them colors. (rant over :))

Last edited:
This tri-color Integra is very nice color design! My CBR250R ( 2011 ) had nearly this same tri-color. Unfortunately, the Integra is inconvinient for me. It is really a scooter-style bike, not like the S or X series.
But it's fairings is really great, add some rear top box and side cases and ready to go.
BTW, vinyl wrap is still a quick and cheap solution to recolor a bike or plasti-dip.

I bought 50 Shades of Grey thinking that it would be the 2014 model lineup. Turns out it was just a book about some business man.

Yeah, it's not just Honda with the dull color schemes. It's pretty much all automakers who ship to or are based in the United States. Black, White, Light Grey, Medium Grey, Dark Grey, Red. Occasionally you'll get a blue, but those are for weirdos. Of course they try to fancy it up with names like Platinum, Cloudburst, Pewter, Charcoal or Dusk. A rose by any other name...

I was super excited when I saw that the Grom was being offered in yellow this year. Either way, it doesn't matter. Mine's a 2012 and it's gray, excuse me, silver. I'm probably going to keep it that way, although a yellow would be awesome. If something looks dull to you, it also looks dull to everyone else. My grey accord is the perfect urban camouflage. The NC is pretty low-key too.

if the bike came in white (i'm in the usa), i would of bought white.
In 2013, there was a color choice (red or silver), prior year only silver.
So I plunked down the money and chose the RED.
Now... i hear they come in black.

When I got my 2014 it came in black, and that's all I had ever seen. Went back to the dealer a few months later to have the faulty head unit replaced and there was what I though was a zero miles 2013, it was red. Had the sales guy check it and there are 2014s in red now also, I posted a pic in one of the threads.
I'm not big on red vehicles, but I would have jumped on a "silver/gray" or white one, the black looks dirty just opening the garage door. We have very light colored dirt here and it seems most of the bugs have technicolor insides.

The black looks dirty just opening the garage door. We have very light colored dirt here and it seems most of the bugs have technicolor insides.

I have the black. There are 2 options: 1) develop a high threshold for living with a dirty looking bike, or 2) invest in professional bike washing equipment. :)

I am happy with my silver. Any other color and I might feel like I need to wash it. :)

Good point. My two year anniversary is May 5th. I think I have washed the bike three times. I let the rain do the rest. I was at a park the other day and a guy walked up and told me how nice my bike look and that I msut really take good care of it. HaHa. I almost laughed. Mechnically she is in tip top condition but I don't clean it. LOL. It was all I could do not to laugh out loud. The silver/grey really does prevent her from looking dirty. I have proof.

When I walked into my local Honda dealer he had 1 NC, and it was perfect. Black on black with a black engine. Perfect. Reminds me of my '08 V-strom. If my impatience led me to get a red one, I would have plasti-diped it black with 4 miles on it. Black is the only color!

I really like that Integra scoot, wish they offered it in the USA in the 750 engine version.

I would have one immediately, if not sooner.

Love the Muffler/Exhaust on the CB650F, wish the NC7X had that style exhaust on it.

Last edited:
Back