• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X Accessories

oldxfe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I am strongly considering purchasing a 2012 NC700X. I live in Canada, and after doing some research I have noticed that some parts are for more economical to purchase in the USA.
My question is , does anyone know if the parts in the USA are the same as in Canada. The part numbers are very similar but not the same.

Also, has anyone taken this bike on a long ride,, 1500 Kms or more on one trip? if so how did you make out , were you impressed or satisfied??

Hope some one can help me out

Cheers
oldxfe
Blair

Thanks , I cant see why anything would be different, but you never know.

How many Miles have you on your NC ? Do you enjoy it

Hey all, I am strongly considering purchasing a 2012 NC700X. I live in Canada, and after doing some research I have noticed that some parts are for more economical to purchase in the USA.
My question is , does anyone know if the parts in the USA are the same as in Canada. The part numbers are very similar but not the same.

Also, has anyone taken this bike on a long ride,, 1500 Kms or more on one trip? if so how did you make out , were you impressed or satisfied??

Hope some one can help me out

Cheers
oldxfe
Blair

Welcome Blair :)

Go for it :p

Seriously though, IMHO it's a very fine machine for what it was designed to do. Many happy owners very satisfied, me obviously included. Some are not impressed with the seat comfort, I'm ok with mine. Something like that is always going to be point of contention, regardless of the bike make or model for the most part, so things like that don't really concern me too much. That's what aftermarket seat makers are for, and they do a booming business.

Different Bars, footpegs, shocks, fork springs, raising/lowering, it's all there to be adjusted and/or modified as you see fit for your personal needs. Many companies offer such neat stuff nowadays. It might bolt right on or take a little tweaking to fit an individual model, but that's half the fun sometimes.

Regarding parts, remember we're now living in a "global community". Sure things are nearly always cheaper from the 'States, but they can also be even cheaper from Japan, UK, locally if you stumble upon a cool source, some weird Euro EBay site with an unpronouncable name with no vowels, ya just gotta put the time in to hunt the right things down for your own money and time threshold.

Happy hunting!

Welcome from West Virginia. There's about 2500 miles on my odometer so far and I'm finding it more pleasurable to ride than any other machine I've owned. The cost of maintenance for diy'ers is very reasonable and fuel consumption is incredibly good. I haven't ridden very long distances yet, but have sat in the saddle for 2 1/2 to 3 hours without much discomfort.

As of this moment, I'm developing an acute bout of cyclerosis because of the weather; of which there's no known treatment!

Same here frozenpoet - I think the weathermen are just messing with us - telling us it will be 60 and sunny, then the next day changing that to 6" of snow...

But hey - welcome oldxfe. You'll enjoy the bike - it's a really nice bike!

Welcome from Toronto. I have purchased parts from south of the border. Part numbers may differ but I believe they are the same item. Which parts are you looking to buy? You will definitely save $$$, eh!

Thanks to all the great feed back,
Lamlamz, im looking to get the side bags for sure, I currently have a 91 vfr with Givi bags and I dont think i could live with out them..
Im just down the road from you in Prince Edward County , south of Belleville/Trenton.

I just saw they released the 2013 in red, I wondering how soon Honda will discount the 2012's..

It looks like im heading to Savannah Georgia, mid Feb with my work I am looking for a Honda dealership close by ..

Cheers all and lets hope for an early spring ...

We are not that far... Discount for sure but not sure how much you could get out of it as the margin is very low according to Markham dealer. Are you looking for Honda dealer down in Savanah? US model is different from ours (notably combined ABS) and of course cost less too.

Last edited:
Hey , Happy Saturday..There is no Honda dealer in Savannah, closest one is about 100 miles away to the east.. , Ill be looking for saddle bag attachment supports , Prices in the US are much better than in Canada..

Cheers
oldxfe

Hey , Happy Saturday..There is no Honda dealer in Savannah, closest one is about 100 miles away to the east.. , Ill be looking for saddle bag attachment supports , Prices in the US are much better than in Canada..

Cheers
oldxfe
What is wrong with Honda Yamaha of Savannah :confused: I saw NC700x there last fall when passing through.

Back