• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750DCT Problem selecting Drive and Neutral

Having the same issue. Bike won't select 1st gear occasionally upon a fresh startup. Frequently won't allow neutral selection after a ride. After reading of this issue on the forums, I started religiously selecting neutral (when I can) and turning off with the key. It's been at the local Honda shop for a couple of weeks now, today they finally were able to replicate the problem. More to follow. They said they were going to have to reach out to Honda for recommendations. NC's are pretty rare here in Southern California, although similar to the DCT on Gold Wings, I guess maybe they are different? Bike is a 2023 with 2xxx miles. Been great otherwise, but this issue causes doubts about future reliability of the DCT. When/if it won't go into 1st, you're simply stranded. I actually called for a tow the first time it happened. Tow was going to be an hour, and it that time it decided to cooperate. Then it happened again a week or so later. That's when it went into the shop.

Having the same issue. Bike won't select 1st gear occasionally upon a fresh startup. Frequently won't allow neutral selection after a ride. After reading of this issue on the forums, I started religiously selecting neutral (when I can) and turning off with the key. It's been at the local Honda shop for a couple of weeks now, today they finally were able to replicate the problem. More to follow. They said they were going to have to reach out to Honda for recommendations. NC's are pretty rare here in Southern California, although similar to the DCT on Gold Wings, I guess maybe they are different? Bike is a 2023 with 2xxx miles. Been great otherwise, but this issue causes doubts about future reliability of the DCT. When/if it won't go into 1st, you're simply stranded. I actually called for a tow the first time it happened. Tow was going to be an hour, and it that time it decided to cooperate. Then it happened again a week or so later. That's when it went into the shop.
Please share the solution if/when it is found. DCT problems seem to be the most troublesome NC failures discussed on the forum, and as you suggest, can disable the bike entirely at times.

Back