• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X Canadian version

so an update.

there was a message on my phone this morning from my dealer. Said she is working on getting my bike earlier but no promises. Was a bit confused by that as she already had worked on getting me the bike
earlier (April instead of May) Phoned back but being Saturday they busy, was asked if i wanted to leave a message after waiting on hold for the sales manager. I said no and i decided to make my way over there
a few hours later. I wanted to confirm incase she mixed me up with someone else or that the current April 16 delivery date is wrong.

Had a nice chat when i got there. Found out she said the computer shows the bike is ready to ship. In her experience that means that the bike is in the warehouse right now. She put in a message to Honda to see
if she can get delivery for next weekend. Said Honda does not work on weekends but will find out on Tuesday. And will let me know then if there is really good news.

We had a bit of a chuckle about the warehouse. She said the warehouse is in Edmonton Alberta. I laughed and said..so the boat unloads them in Vancouver and they ship them to Edmonton and then back to Vancouver?
I was told there used to be a warehouse in Vancouver but now all there is for western Canada is Edmonton. East Canada warehouse is in the centre of the universe, Toronto Ontario.

Also said that there will be no more NC750X DCT in Canada for 2016. (Honda only brought in 11 for all of Canada) All the bikes are sold out and no new ones until 2017. So all of us that ordered early lucked out. It is the same for the Africa Twin. I also asked where
was the other dealer she managed to trade bikes with. Said the dealer is in Nelson BC. They are ok with waiting until May as their riding season starts later than us. They are still talking about snowmobiles there. Nelson is
at the bottom corner of BC near the USA and Alberta border.

so if all goes well i could have a shiny new NC next week :)

For some reason it reminds me of the guy that told the bartender how he could sell more beer. Fill the flippin' glasses up!

From what I gather, Honda could sell so many more motorcycles in Canada if they would just build them.

28 March 2016 at 16:34 Honda dealer salesrep said:
Good afternoon Sir,
I just got a call and I may see your bike next week if all goes well.
Sincerely,
Rob J
Powersports Sales Consultant
519-XXX-XXXX
www.xxxxxxxx.com
Same story here only my bike (hopefully) is in Toronto. Only eleven NC750X DCT's for all of Canada? Better to leave them wanting more then to have your last years model competing against your current model I guess.

It should be cold here for another week or so but I'll take delivery if the roads are dry. Today it's snowing!

Update. Spoke to my dealer today. Shipping date is now showing as April 09. So it looks very likely
that i will be riding my new NC750X DCT by next weekend. Now hoping that long range weather is
wrong as the next few weeks are looking like rain.

Monday 1430 my dealer calls me. They are expecting to see my bike arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) Will call me to let me know.
If it arrives they will give it priority to get it road and ride home ready.

Hey, new member here. Just got my bike a 2016 NC750 x DCT. I put money down back in December and picked it up in Stratford Ontario April 8. Cold and wet weather but its warming up real quick this week should be some good riding on the weekend. Not to disappoint you but my bike does not have the upgraded forks. Basically a refined DCT with 3 sport modes and a LED tail light. The head light is standard quartz and the turn signals are standard with amber lens. Honda did drop some things but its still the bike i wanted. It wont disappoint. Hope you get your bikes soon it sounds like there making there way out.

Welcome neighbour! I'll pick mine up on Thursday 2 PM. Projections are warm and sunshine for my ride home from the dealer.

Those of you that have the bike now. What are the stock tires? Trying to figure out what they are. Just going by the tread pattern i have not found a match for them
on Dunlop or Bridgestone. I thought at first they were Bridgestone Battlewings... but now i do not think so.

Those of you that have the bike now. What are the stock tires? Trying to figure out what they are. Just going by the tread pattern i have not found a match for them
on Dunlop or Bridgestone. I thought at first they were Bridgestone Battlewings... but now i do not think so.
According to this link (from France): Essai Honda NC750X DCT you were right...both Dunlop Trailmax D609 and Bridgestone Battlax BattleWing are distributed...

rear.jpg
Rear - Dunlop Trailmax D609
front.jpg
Front - Dunlop Trailmax D609F

so some updates.

On Thursday at 1500PST i got a text message from my dealer. "Look what just showed up" with it was a picture of my bike hatching out of the crate :)
vV8ff0Bl.jpg

Arrived at the dealer today at 0930. My bike was in service dept just having prep completed
J0g1Lrkl.jpg

an hour or so later all the paper work and orientation is done. Insurance done. new plate. all good to go.
I was also very happy to see that the bike did NOT have the Dunlop tires. The bike was wearing a new pair
of Bridgestone Battlewing "shoes"
HoP2Publ.jpg

out on ride today. love this bike. :)
iyuxIIpl.jpg

I Love the look of the silver NC750X's…Its my favourite color...I'm so jealous....I know that the Canadian version is missing the LED headlight & updated forks, but at least you have a chance at getting a DCT model.
Here in Australia we only get the manual version without the Led headlight or upgraded forks...I've got a 2014 NC750D Integra which is a hoot, but I’d sell it for a new 750X with DCT in a heartbeat.
Seems only Australians and New Zealanders can't get the DCT Model for 2016..
I just can't understand how a bike that is so much fun, and so popular in the rest of the world is not coming to Australia... Honda Australia's decisions just don’t make sense…
P.S. I've got hand problems making the manual version impossible to ride,..And sorry for being so negative on my first post…Maybe I should just move to Canada...I would too, if it wasn’t for those damn NC750 eating grizzly bears….

Should be over half way to broken in by end of tomorrow. I have about 150km on it now. If tomorrow turns out weather wise as they are saying i should get at least 100km more.
I would have had more by end of today but rain gods were being mischievous. Did not really rain but was sprinkling so did not want to get too far from home in case it started to rain harder.
Not sure which i hate worse. Them saying it not supposed to rain and it does or saying it will rain and it doesnt.

The Honda manual says the bike is broken in at 500km so be half way there Sunday night. On Friday I kept the bike in D mode. Today i experimented with S mode. Rode around in S1 all day and i like that much better.
At 60kph D mode had bike in 6th gear. S1 at 60kph i was in 4th which is more where i would ride it at if it was a manual.

I am really liking the Battlewing tires. I am not one to drag knees but they felt great on some curvy off ramps. This is the 2nd time i had stock tires that turned out to be decent and not making me want to change them asap.
I found the Metzeler Z8 on my former 2014 NC750S were good enough to keep.

some observations. On my first day i was playing with the "push to pass" button. Until i discovered it is not a push to pass but the up shift lever :)
I still find myself trying to ghost shift at times. Reaching for the missing clutch lever and trying to downshift with left foot.

Last edited:
I picked up my bike yesterday!! Wow, what a great ride this bike is! I ghost shifted it just once--got used to the paddle shifters to downshift when in D mode very quickly.

I am so impressed with the bike, or "Nessie" (thanks LBS) as she will be known. The handling at low speed is what I remember from the test ride last year (excellent) and the taller wind screen really is an improvement. I was briefly at 140 kph and felt just a bit of wind at my shoulders but my head was in smooth air--that is definitely a change for the better.

I have the Dunlop Trailmax tires on my bike. They seem adequate and reviews of these tires I have seen (from the UK I think) lead me to believe they will be ok--we shall see! I wasn't about to say "no" to delivery to get the tires swapped out :).

Fuel consumption of 3.9 l/100 km (over 60 US mpg) is indicated on the dash. Can I believe it? If true that would be amazing for a newly-uncrated bike.

Unfortunately for me I have a bunch of work to do today before I can get out and ride in this beautiful weather!

Today turned out to be a perfect day. This bike has exceeded all expectations. It goes around curves with no drama, just "falls" into the turn and goes like it is on rails.
I am still running around in S1 mode. Have not tried the other 2 modes yet as S1 works for my riding style. Went on a nice long ride today. Put the bike away with 430ish km.

On my ride i wanted to see what would happen if i gave the throttle a big twist. Was riding along at 100kph in 6th. Goosed the throttle and expected it to speed up but ... holy frack!
It dropped down to 5th and pulled hard like if i hit the afterburner :)

some pix on my way out. Stopped at this rest stop along the hwy. This after riding thru traffic from hell on the hwy. Found out later there is a tulip fest in a field just off the hwy and traffic was backing
up on the off ramp causing the slowdown. All this for stupid tulips. I always stop at this rest stop on way out. To stretch legs. hit the washroom and wash bugs off the visor.
9p9QzBsl.jpg

After that i passed thru Chillriders neighbourhood on my way to Harrison Hot Springs for "Linner" (Lunch-Dinner)
1Dpj4rul.jpg

last pic is bike back home resting until the next weekend.
2pTz1NUl.jpg

Hey WK, I could have warned you about the "tulip festival"--I got off on Hwy 11 and came home through Yarrow on the way home yesterday to avoid it. I will be on the bike all week but today I was locked to my desk, unfortunately. Looking forward to riding with you.

Back