• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member in Arlington Texas

tabrady817

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up my NC700X Oct10, I'm enjoying & getting used to er' ! Coming down from a ST1300 I'm having to re-learn how to dip into turns at speed as it's quicker turning and lighter. Doesn't seem to be as much "ON-OFF" feel while getting back on the throttle either. finding it a lot of fun to drive around the city but ,I'm most impressed with how well it cruises at 80MPH,as I'm inclined to forget to come home for days on end! Did 200 miles (140city/60HWY)so far and returned 59.1455 mpg, I can see we'll surely get 70+mpg on the road ! (ST1100 term)> Farkling has commenced, ordered light/crash bar,bag mounts,top box and Throttlemeister "heavy"(called the man,since they aren't listed). Using the "big" rubber "O"($0.27) ring as a cruise for the time being. 12V will be next ,hardwiring Garmin Zumo, then thinking one powerlet in "box"for charging & one out for heated gear probably down low rear, any suggestions,tips or lessons learned here??

Welcome! You should have a look at Beemerphiles many "Extreme Farkling" posts. Lots of good stuff there. He is a wealth of knowledge and posts plenty of pictures. Don't know of anybody else on this forum who has done more to their NC than him.

Welcome! You should have a look at Beemerphiles many "Extreme Farkling" posts. Lots of good stuff there. He is a wealth of knowledge and posts plenty of pictures. Don't know of anybody else on this forum who has done more to their NC than him.

I'd ditto that, bless that man!
But remember to mention you also have a torque wrench and you use it regularly....

:p

"Don't know of anybody else on this PLANET who has done more to their NC than him"
Fixed it for ya!

Hello Texas,
I, too, have to relearn coming down from a ST1100. I kept my Steed - just too good a bike. It is getting heavier though. Lots of great reading here. You seem to know what you want to do with the NC700 - I am still warming up to it.

Welcome Aboard the crazy train, I know your area well. I went to High School in Malakoff and lived in the area of Euless and Tyler but it was Corpus Christi that turned me into the salty dog I am now. You'll find a ton of information here and a lot of experimentation, if it can be done with or to an NC700, one of the members will have tried.

Back