• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member, not an owner yet

Tattoo Paul

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!

I'm currently riding a NT700V and really enjoy the bike. But, commuting in stop and go traffic is getting tough. I'm afflicted with carpal tunnel syndrome, and after spending a day grabbing a clutch lever, my wrist and hand feel the effects. There have been times when it's downright painful to pull in the clutch.

I tried a forum search for DCT, but the only result I got was a link to a video review. Do any members here have a dual-clutch (automatic) transmission, and if so, what have been your experiences with it? Any reliability issues to report?

Just to be honest, I'm actually looking at the 2014 CTX700 model. I like the styling, and it uses the same engine and transmission as the NC700. Since the CTX isn't out yet, it's pretty hard to get feedback on that model.

Welcome to the forum! I haven't read any complaints about the DCT yet. I know I have been in some slow moving towns where a DCT would have been appreciated.
I imagine there will be a CTX spot on this forum before long.

Welcome from Texas! I have the DCT and can honestly say that I love it. So far I've had 2000 trouble free miles. Not having a clutch to feather in very slow manuevers is sometimes tricky, but I've learned to get the best results by using the rear brake and throttle. I'll give this bike an 8.5 on a scale of 10. It would score a 9.5 if the seat was comfortable to me! BTW:My wife and daughter get the only 10's I've EVER given out!

I have the DCT version of the NC700X. I use the bike to do everything. But 5 days a week I would be commuting in heavy traffic. Automatic transmission just made since. Now, I've only got 600 miles on the bike. So I can't say anything about reliability. But the engine is smooth. I don't have sears boy issue with slow maneuvers. I find if you roll the throttle on slow and easy, you can pilot the bike at sub 5 mph easily. No need for brake. I've tried to find out when the transmission locks 1st gear (as in what speed) instead of slipping the clutch, but I can't tell.

I saw the CTX, if you like foot forward cruiser style bikes with big giant seat, then go for it! I do like that bike!

1 last of note item: Since you have no way of putting the bike in gear when parking, the bikes come with a Parking brake. Pretty cool! Just remember to use it.

You must have some Norse ancestors, CT Syndrome is common amongst those who's genetic origins are in Scandinavia, my father had it and I have experienced it, its painful!

I'll give this bike an 8.5 on a scale of 10. It would score a 9.5 if the seat was comfortable to me!

I'm beginning to think Honda has one engineer in charge of designing seats. The best thing I've done on my NT was to send out the factory seat to Russell and have them rebuild the pan into a Day Long saddle. I guess wintertime up here was made for sending out your seat when you can't ride anyway.

You must have some Norse ancestors, CT Syndrome is common amongst those who's genetic origins are in Scandinavia, my father had it and I have experienced it, its painful!

Finnish ancestry here. Too many years turning wrenches professionally didn't help, either.

Back