• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oct 8- 11 2015 Horizons Unlimited N.C

30b615528f8f3d385ec1502a25b99f11.jpg

Even the honey wagon here promises satisfaction. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good event, good venue, good food, good riding with good friends. Our little bikes always generate a lot of interest at these events.

Well, I arrived home safely, 600 miles from the Iron Horse, just as the sun was setting. Looking back at the week, it was all good stuff: the roads, the food, and the activities. But, the best part was meeting and conversing with the fine folks that I met from this forum. Thanks to all that attended for making it such a nice time.

(Final attendance count was 11 forum members and 9 NC700Xs)

Last edited:
Got home late night about 1PM, after sitting for an accident on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge for over an hour. Just no getting around that I-10 mishap.

Upon getting home it was nice to hear that all the sports teams at home had done real well while I was gone, as I did not get to see the teams on TV when at Horizons Unlimited.

The local baseball team, Houston Astros, split a playoff series with Kansas City Chief, and the next few games are here in Houston. Not bad for a team with so many young fellows.

The Houston Cougars had their tightest football game of the season, against SMU. I believe the score was Cougars 49 to Mustangs 24. That is 5 straight wins and no loses for the Cougars.

However, I was lucky enough to watch NAVY play football on TV when at Horizons Unlimited. I believe NAVY played that little catholic football team, St. Mary's Home for unwed teenage mothers.

NOW what was that NAVY score?

Oh, but to see the agony, pain, torment, torture, suffering, distress, angst, misery, sorrow, grief, heartache, desolation, despair, severe mental and physical pain and suffering all over Fuzzy's complete body made the entire trip to Horizons Unlimited worth while!

Last edited:
Oh, but to see the agony, pain, torment, torture, suffering, distress, angst, misery, sorrow, grief, heartache, desolation, despair, severe mental and physical pain and suffering all over Fuzzy's complete body made the entire trip to Horizons Unlimited worth while!

Ok, this comment is going to need some explaining!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok, this comment is going to need some explaining!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Fuzzy graduated from the Naval Academy! Fuzzy is a big Navy football fan. Also, this is Navy's first year in the American Athletic Conference. Houston is in the The American Athletic Conference and undefeated. We play each other the last game of the season. Football fun between friends.

Last edited:
Was great seeing everyone. Left out just before 8am, got home just after 3:15pm. Total of 985 miles driven on this trip, passed 10k miles just before crossing back into KY. Today was rest and recoup, giving Raven a good wash so I could apply the Tail of the Dragon decals I picked up. And that Navy game gave me a BIG smile! (USAFA)

PS - sorry bout the snoring!

Fuzzy graduated from the Naval Academy! Fuzzy is a big Navy football fan. Also, this is Navy's first year in the American Athletic Conference. Houston is in the The American Athletic Conference and undefeated. We play each other the last game of the season. Football fun between friends.

And he who laughs last laughs best.

B.T.W. Navy players actually go to class and graduate in 4 years with bachelor of science degrees. This results in a fraction of the practice time of civilian players. The only red shirt ever at Navy played his last year as a graduate student. After graduation they don't get to play pro ball, they get to put their lives on the line to defend our butts from those who would destroy our way of life. Former Navy football players never have to ask "Do you want fries with that?"

On a separate note, had a great time at HU meeting. Also some great rides with fellow forum members even though pansies from Houston stayed in the lodge rather than risk riding in the rain Saturday.

Sunday was a great, long way, ride home. Rode with Beemer over the Cherohala with occasional glimpses of the beautiful fall colors riding at a fun clip. Headed south from Telico Plains to Suches for lunch at TWoS. Minimal traffic to prevent continuing a fun clip on great curvy roads. After lunch we continued on together with Beemer leading me through more turns than I could remember between Suches and Commerce. South of Commerce he headed west and I continued south to home. Got home at 5 PM happy and tired. Can't wait to do it again.

A little extra feel good moment prior to leaving Sunday. On Saturday a young couple asked me for some advice on where to go. I suggested a restaurant for lunch at Tapico lodge. Saw them just prior to leaving Sunday and she was showing off a new engagement ring. She will always remember the restaurant at Tapico Lodge.

On a separate note, had a great time at HU meeting. Also some great rides with fellow forum members even though pansies from Houston stayed in the lodge rather than risk riding in the rain Saturday.
I'm not from Houston!
I did have a great time even though I wasn't tearing up the road - lol!
I got to see my daughter in Newnan Ga before I went home. Just got home a little while ago.

It took me 11 hours yesterday to do the 600 miles home but the trip was worth it. I hope we get to do this again next year. It took 11 hours due to two accidents on I-75 and one on 28 just outside of Franklin.

I saw the one on 28 happen. The guy was going slow. Well... speed limit slow, but he just didn't look comfortable on the bike. He just slipped off the shoulder. There was him, a truck, and then me. I saw him fly through the air and land in the mud. The bike went another 30 feet. He didn't need any medical help so my pencil box first aid kit stayed in the frunk. I just picked up his front fender and blinker. I talked to one of his friends. He had been riding for only a couple of months and he low sided on the Dragon just 2 days earlier. He needs lessons ... or a bus pass.

Anyway, it was a great time. I hope OCR makes a video.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

There was a wreck in front of me as well on the way home in southern KY off KY70. It was basically 1 lane road, twisting in farmland and low hills. 2 riders on Suzuki GSXRs were flying, and passed me a few miles back, I rode up on them trying to get one of the bikes out of the ditch - big fluffy grass and water filled ditch. No one was physically hurt, but you could see the ego loss when I rode up. The bike was fine, started right up. On the side I saw, no scratches, but the slider looked used up. No one hurt, which was key. Left them and headed home with less than 2 hours to go and just over 100 miles. Sun all the way!

Glad you guys had fun. I had to take a week vacation the week before the HU meet and had to go to Florida to help the wife. I couldn't take any extra time off when I got back and riding down on Saturday and coming back on Sunday just wasn't in the cards...

Back