• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Risers

Arkridia

Reaction score
Visit site
I was just checking out Motorcycle Ergonomics and to get me in the riding position that I think I would like to be in I would need a two inch riser and and a half pull back. I cannot find any risers that do this modification unless I am looking in the wrong place. I know a man that makes custom handle bars for Harley's but not sure if he can make them for NC700. According to the web site this would make it so that I had 0 forward lean and a hip angle of 92 degrees and a hip angle of 84 degrees. I am not sure how that would feel seeing I always rode cruisers but looks much more comfortable with my back being straight. If anyone has tried this mod or could suggest how I could achieve something close to this I would appreciate it. While according to the picture I would still not able to flat foot it I would need about 1 to 1.5 inches to flat foot it. I will probably be very comfortable with that or I could make the difference with possibly finding some boots that would do that for me. I usually where my work boots because they are the most comfortable with my back, if you can suggest under $100 or close to $100 that would add that without an actual heal I would like to know. I can not where heals do to my back. Even though I am a female I am not opposed to wearing men's boots if they do not to much like men's,

The Rox two inch risers allow angle adjustment to go both up and back.. But if you need to go up two plus some pull back, you'll need more than 2 inch risers. What you can do is get fixed 30mm risers, because they are inexpensive, and then mount the Rox 2 inch pivoting risers on them. Or mount the Rox and then the 30mm. Or other combination. Or just get a 3 inch Rox pivoting riser.

But here is the problem: When you add more than a two inch rise, your wiring, brake hoses, and clutch or parking brake cable will become too short. Cables or wires can be rerouted behind the steering stem, and/or longer brake lines and clutch/throttle cables can be bought, but the process gets messy when you go over two inch rise. Based on that, you may want to try a Rox 2 inch pivoting riser alone and see if it gets you where you want to be.

One minor negative about the Rox risers is that the bottom posts aren't knurled and they can slip in the Honda bar clamps atop the triple tree. The installer should roughen, spline, or knurl the bottom post of the Rox riser before installation.

31Nrsyc2BdL._AC_UL130_.jpgrox3inch.jpg

Last edited:
I am glad I got some answers from you my question is as is I have a forward lean at 12 degrees I would like to be as straight as possible without re-wiring, is there anyways just to have an additional two inch pull back. I have a lot to learn about these bikes modifying Harley's are more expensive but they make every style of handlebars and riser for them.

I'm not sure, but I think you have to go up if you also want to go back, or else your bars or risers might hit the false gas tank when turned.

I always figured that to get the most bang for my buck out of the risers, I should angle them so it brings the bars in the direction of where my shoulder/arm sockets are when I'm in the desired posture (if that makes any sense), i.e. shortest distance between the two points.

There are aftermarket bars, or bars from other bikes that could be used, but we don't have much of a reference to go on. More people here go with adjustable risers than custom or aftermarket bars.

Last edited:
Minor changes in how the brake lines are bolted to the forks, with very little re-routing. It all really comes down to your personal preferences and body size. Easy to install....

I have a 2016 DCT. The parking brake cable wasn't even close to being long enough for the 2" risers. I am going to have to check with a local shop about getting a longer cable.

[...The parking brake cable wasn't even close to being long enough for the 2" risers. I am going to have to check with a local shop about getting a longer cable...]

Save yourself a lot of time and just call Motion Pro in CA.

They make custom length cables plus you're offered choices for outside color although I've always opted for black because they still look like the standard Honda cables. I have risers on my other bike (NT700V) so needed longer cables. The best part about Motion Pro is they have most of the standard cables on hand (for measurements & correct ends) so you don't have to disable your bike by sending them your cable as a sample.

The turnaround time from ordering-to-receiving was about a month.

Last edited:
Adding to an old existing thread rather than creating yet another one for handlebar risers.

I just wanted to tell everyone about the risers I bought and installed and am extremely happy with. I researched quite a bit and very happily found these. Seriously, if you are in the market for risers, these ones are awesome - go buy them. If you are shopping around for price make sure they are CNC, not cast. They should say in the description, but you can see that cast ones are not perfectly smooth and have seams.

These are the ones I got: Black/Silver Universal Anodized 2 Inch Pivoting Motorcycle Handlebar Riser For 7/8 22mm/28mm Bars Clamp-in Handlebar from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
pj35EU1.jpg

I ordered them on May 13th and they arrived on May 28th which is very good for China shipments.

Cable length turned out to not be an issue. I have a 2014 NC750X, non-DCT, Canadian. I went through each cable one at a time and tracked them back to where some were clamped with zip ties, others could slide to give slack. Afterwards there is no tension at all on any cables. There were no issues with installation.

Here are some pictures - sorry, I didn't take any along the way.
Handlebar Risers - Album on Imgur

Back