• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rox Risers installed

macguy

Reaction score
Visit site
So the other day I was chatting with a friend at work who also rides (super nice guy) about how I felt my handlebars needed to be raised just a little to help my lower back on longer rides. Low and behold he brings in a pair of Rox risers the next day that he had on hand but had no intention of using and gave them to me free of charge. Installed them Friday night and went for a ride on Saturday. Big difference for me in overall comfort. They would probably look better if they where black but the silver doesn't look bad and I can't complain since they where given to me. Here is are a couple pictures, they are the 2" risers for 7/8 bars.

004c9e4359b0ca4e5e287e221fbbfccb.jpg

c6c00333acebc095711e21dbca316006.jpg

238f1ce4650368f6681005c41ae9f5db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
did you have any trouble at all with cable lengths?

The only one that gave me trouble was the brake line, I had to disconnect the cable clamp under the fairing to pull a little more through to get an extra inch of length after that it was pretty simple. Only took me about 25 minutes total to install.

I think the chrome riser look fine on your black bike. I think the brake line gives everyone the most trouble. I fought like hell trying to get that glued grommet off the brake line. I'd keep an eye on those risers for a few days. Maybe even care the tools to make adjustsments just in case. Mine moved a couple times in the beginning even after roughing up the mounting surfaces.

interesting, I just removed my ROX. seems with lowering the rear of the bike via lowering links, I no longer needed to space up the front of the saddle. Combine those two features, and the stock bar risers end up being fine...

I think the chrome riser look fine on your black bike. I think the brake line gives everyone the most trouble. I fought like hell trying to get that glued grommet off the brake line. I'd keep an eye on those risers for a few days. Maybe even care the tools to make adjustsments just in case. Mine moved a couple times in the beginning even after roughing up the mounting surfaces.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye on it.

I just got finished installing mine. Thanks to everyone for the warnings, the brake line went well. The only problem I have is the parking brake cable is tight.
I might look into that soon.

I just got finished installing mine. Thanks to everyone for the warnings, the brake line went well. The only problem I have is the parking brake cable is tight.
I might look into that soon.

I know, old thread, but I am having same problem with parking brake cable. If you are still here (or if somebody else has the answer) how can I gain some cable length on parking brake for 2015 DCT? Using ROX Risers. Already rerouted master cylinder thru triple tree and other cables okay. Easy project turning into a workout!

I know, old thread, but I am having same problem with parking brake cable. If you are still here (or if somebody else has the answer) how can I gain some cable length on parking brake for 2015 DCT? Using ROX Risers. Already rerouted master cylinder thru triple tree and other cables okay. Easy project turning into a workout!

I don't know if this will help you, but when I need to get just a bit of slack and the cables wouldn't move, I used some dish soap as lubricant and the cables slipped easily past the brackets and went where I wanted them to go. I only installed a 30mm riser, though, so I didn't need to relocate any brackets, just slip the cables past the brackets surrounded by the rubber grommets.

I don't know if this will help you, but when I need to get just a bit of slack and the cables wouldn't move, I used some dish soap as lubricant and the cables slipped easily past the brackets and went where I wanted them to go. I only installed a 30mm riser, though, so I didn't need to relocate any brackets, just slip the cables past the brackets surrounded by the rubber grommets.

Nothing to move with the parking brake cable. Can shift the lever 1/2" over on handlebar and drill new hole for locking pin. Other option might be to move parking brake lever to engine guard or frame somewhere and add a mirror. The mirror mount is integral to the parking brake.

I have these same risers and they are fantastic. Make sure you check the bolts for tightness after you give it a ride or two. Mine loosened up a bit and I had to retighten them. Have moved since though.

Back