• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Shorter Than Stock Windshield?

Doc True

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Are there any windshields available in the aftermarket that are shorter than the stock windshield?

The buffeting from the stock screen is hitting my helmet just above the bottom and causing pressure oscillations inside that tickle my nose. This is extremely annoying, especialy on long rides. I know I can cut the stock screen down (I think an inch would be plenty), but it takes time and I don't have alot of free time with my job. Any suggestions?

Take it off and see if you can take the naked. Otherwise either buy the taller or have you ever worked acrylic? cutting and bending? youtube has videos, make your own and experiment.

You might try sourcing some 1/2 to 1" spacers and longer screws. Place the spacers under the lower windshield holes and rake the stock shield back to lower the top edge of the wind blast below your helmet.

It takes only about 20 minutes work with a coping saw to cut a screen down. This screen off a 2014 bike is fitted to the latest 2016 bike as an experiment. Helmet is in reasonably clean air but you do get windblast on the upper body.
Mike
26334121184_db44557f6e_z.jpg

Does the NC700S have a shorter wind screen or is it the same as the NC700X stock screen?

2012-2015 Yes, shorter and different shape. Not 100% positive on if the mounting holes are exactly the same as the X though. I can't see why they wouldn't be, but you never know...

Last edited:
After looking at a few videos, I *think* the NC700X bolts are wider apart than the NC700S, but I'm not sure.
*edit*

I *KNOW* the bolts are positioned differently. You can see it at the time selected in these videos.
Bummer, that would have been an easy swap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOW6U9nhfaM#t=4.518526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cmMBv113-Q#t=15

I think you are right- the mount bracket thingy behind, that the screen attaches to, is quite different looking than the X, so if that is different, and the screen is different, it wouldn't make any sense that the mounting holes should be the same... just because, lol.

Too bad though, ya :(

Back