• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skid Stop? Butt Gripper?

kpinvt

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet so I have no idea if it works or not. I had Spencer redo my seat last December, it's a lot more comfortable and I'm not sliding into the frunk as much as I was with the stock seat but I'm still finding myself up against the frunk from time to time. I haven't been on the bike for 6 months and have to keep reminding myself to grip the not-tank with my knees.

image001.jpg

I haven't tried this yet so I have no idea if it works or not. I had Spencer redo my seat last December, it's a lot more comfortable and I'm not sliding into the frunk as much as I was with the stock seat but I'm still finding myself up against the frunk from time to time. I haven't been on the bike for 6 months and have to keep reminding myself to grip the not-tank with my knees.

I just noticed I hadn't posted an update on this mod. It works great, and was very easy to install. The shelf liner stuff is held on to the underside of the seat with blue painter's tape. I didn't slide into the frunk at all last year. I have noticed that the six inch wide strip is a little warmer on hot days than the bare seat. I'm thinking a narrower strip might work as well. I should post a photo of the wear on the strip after 7 months of riding but it was 18 degrees below zero F here last night and has only warmed up to 4 below zero right now. The picture can wait a few days.

Doesn't Seat Concepts offer a gripper texture cover?

I guess they do. I didn't use a Seat Concepts cover on my bike. I had my seat done by Spencer at Page 1 I find the seat to be much more comfortable than the stock seat now. I put the gripper material on the seat just after I got the seat back from Spencer. I wasn't sliding into the frunk after I had the seat done, I just wanted to try the idea out. Cart before the horse is the usual operating procedure for me.

Ah Spencer....reading is fundamental they say. I had a Spencer seat on a Tiger 955. Was a great upgrade. +1. As you can see I also subscribe to the ready, fire, aim theory.

I have the seat concepts with the gripper cover. Its great. No more slip n slide, and the seat angle/comfort is much better.

As much as I like Spencer's seat mod my 62 year old arthritic butt starts to complain after 4 hours or so in the saddle. I was just looking at the Seat Concepts cover and wondering if it might be a little better, I have a second front seat I could send them and have them put the cover on. Maybe not, it's winter and I'm not riding.

Back