• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed my Ebay Chinese levers......

2012-11-05172454.jpg
2012-11-05172515.jpg

2012-11-05172540.jpg

Just a quick note about the helmet clanking. While my bike was at race tech, one of the things they did for me was adjust the throttle free down to none. This made the gear changes and initial take off so silky smooth. Rarely a clank now.

Just a quick note about the helmet clanking. While my bike was at race tech, one of the things they did for me was adjust the throttle free down to none. This made the gear changes and initial take off so silky smooth. Rarely a clank now.

I adjusted my throttle free play when i performed my first oil change. The excessive play really bothered me, silky smooth now!

Tonight I found out that when it runs out of fuel, it starts to cut out at high rpm (low fuel pressure I'm assuming) like a carbureted motor would do. Luckily I was able to limp it another mile or so off the freeway before in ran out and I coasted to a Shell station.

Don't know if it will end up being an issue with the NC but it is/was for the 1000 V-Strom; The fuel pump is located in the tank and cooled by the fuel. Run the tank low a lot and you run the risk of burning out the pump. I checked and the list price on the pump for the NC is over $500.00. :eek:

Tonight I found out that when it runs out of fuel, it starts to cut out at high rpm (low fuel pressure I'm assuming) like a carbureted motor would do. Luckily I was able to limp it another mile or so off the freeway before in ran out and I coasted to a Shell station.

Don't know if it will end up being an issue with the NC but it is/was for the 1000 V-Strom; The fuel pump is located in the tank and cooled by the fuel. Run the tank low a lot and you run the risk of burning out the pump. I checked and the list price on the pump for the NC is over $500.00. :eek:

You have to wonder about dipping an electric motor in gasoline to cool it, don't you? Well, they haven't blown any of us up now and it is widely done, but it dust sounds dicey.

I lost a fuel pump on my Yamaha TMax and I managed to find one for the bargain price of $270, but I am for protecting it. When the TMax pump failed, it went through a period where the bike would act like it was vapor-locked when you tried to start it on a hot day after it had been run for a while. Come back in an hour or two and all was fine (for a while). It only happened when the tank was below 1/4 full.

Last edited:
I added 3.660 gallons, and I fill it as full as you can, so you were pretty dang close.

I put about 60 miles more on the NC that day than I thought I would.
On the last leg of a ride, my riding buddies bike lost power and I let him ride mine to his house to get the trailer and I stayed with his bike.

I ordered some parts for mine (even though it's still 2 and a half weeks away) MRA screen, SW Motech Alu-Rack and the obligatory Fenda Extenda, that'll do for now. :rolleyes:

I ordered some parts for mine (even though it's still 2 and a half weeks away) MRA screen, SW Motech Alu-Rack and the obligatory Fenda Extenda, that'll do for now. :rolleyes:

Don't forget to get everyone worked into a frenzy about how you plan to attach it.

I went in for my free chain replacement. A nice 40 degree F ride in the rain to the dealer. An Aerostich suit with a Warm-n-safe heated jacket made it a dry and toasty trip. It took them two hours to effect the repair, but with two happy outcomes:

1) They did not create any here-to-fore unexperienced vibrations or "thrums".
2) They washed the bike while they had it.

All of the bugs that I had so carefully and artistically placed on the front facing surfaces are now gone!

The dealer is also a Harley dealer, so I got to look at all the heavy American iron for longer than I needed to. Damn the guy who thought up motorcycles in the configuration of a tricycle. I told my wife if I ever come home on a tricycle she has my permission to shoot me off of it. I sat on the biggest Harley dresser and it reminded me a lot of my cab tractor. I sat on a white Gold Wing that ought to have "Whirlpool" badges on it. I looked at a WeeStrom Adventure that actually somewhat appealed to me. Bad enough that it has cast wheels, but even worse that there were only three spokes! At least the NC has ten points of contact with the rim. Next all of the GSXR type sporties suffered my scornful gaze with footpegs that put your heels in your buttocks like a race jockey. After that the pure dirt bikes and then the scooters. At least they were honest about their intentions and purpose. Lastly I went to pay my respects to the other lonely NC700x that the dealer got when he got mine. So I guess this dealer has only sold the one that I bought and its twin has languished in the showroom. I was stricken by what a stock one looks like. It looks so, well, I don't know, pink and pale, so... unfinished? It desperately needs someone to lovingly farkle it.

So after all the milling around, and looking at machines that cost multiples of mine, I am glad that I went home with the one that brung me.

Don't forget to get everyone worked into a frenzy about how you plan to attach it.

I will be using a bonding agent used during front bumper (Fender) air guide modification to Audi RS3's, it smells better than araldite and it's free (more to the point)

Next all of the GSXR type sporties suffered my scornful gaze with footpegs that put your heels in your buttocks like a race jockey.
So after all the milling around, and looking at machines that cost multiples of mine, I am glad that I went home with the one that brung me.

It took into my fifty's and several service derived injuries to make me give up the heels in the butt, neck bent all the way back to see the road riding position. When I went in for my 600 mile service, my EX-Gixxer was still on the showroom floor, waiting for the next brave soul to suffer the GSX-R crunch. so I like you rode home "comfortably" on the one the brung me....but I did have to look back over my shoulder at the headlights watching me ride away.

I went TRON!

DSCN2335.jpgDSCN2329.jpg

and two walk around videos:
th_1106121752.jpg
th_1106121751.jpg

and I did a little on my helmet to match:
DSCN2324.jpg

I used 3M Scotchlite/Scotchcal Black tape (1/4"). I really wanted to put accents on the black sections so the tape would be "invisible" until light hits it, but the texture on the plastic isn't so good for striping. Oh well. I am pleased with the result. Cost me $20USD for a 50-foot roll of tape. Not too bad.

Attachments

• DSCN2335.jpg
    DSCN2335.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
Oh, too F%#king cool dude, I think I ...I don't what to say, but man that would have to completely freak out anyone going down the road, WOW, just Wow

only way to top this is in blue or red!!!!

Oh, too F%#king cool dude, I think I ...I don't what to say, but man that would have to completely freak out anyone going down the road, WOW, just Wow

only way to top this is in blue or red!!!!

I'm working on some plans to go Blue. I like the Tron look too, always have. I will likely go over the top and incorporate the lighting on my clothing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back