• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased Airbrush Equipment this saturday. Total beginner :)
kf3.jpg

(not yet installed. Still needs finish and coating paint. Tomorrow.)

Sweet! I bought some airbrush stuff a while back. I just haven't had the time to experiment with it yet.

My stupidity on the risers. I wanted the stock Honda thingy on top of the handlebars to still be on top, and it won't happen. So I took a nap, it came to me, they're on now but it just looks like hammered sh!t. It would have taken no less trouble to make them properly than to make them the way they are. They just suck. And I got an email back from fay myers telling me how liberal their return policy is, but it's not liberal enough to take these back. Eff them, too. I still hate the thing.

My stupidity on the risers. I wanted the stock Honda thingy on top of the handlebars to still be on top, and it won't happen. So I took a nap, it came to me, they're on now but it just looks like hammered sh!t. It would have taken no less trouble to make them properly than to make them the way they are. They just suck. And I got an email back from fay myers telling me how liberal their return policy is, but it's not liberal enough to take these back. Eff them, too. I still hate the thing.

Can you put the risers on a tree stump out in the back woods, and give them lead poisoning with extreme prejudice?

That might at least make you feel better, lol

I wouldn't tell him that.sounds like he would take aim at the bike.we all have those days.hope it gets better.

Here's the GPR thunder deeptone again but now i removed the rear silencer.... Much better volume and sound quality, and still not annoyingly loud.... I may still see what happens when i remove the front silencer...[video=youtube;tSNxtRLRMk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNxtRLRMk8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Why is there 2 threads like this one?

well... there is a MODS thread, a What did you do to your bike thread, and individual threads for each MOD, so there are actually a myriad of very similar or identical threads with contributions from a variety of posters.... i assume....

My stupidity on the risers. I wanted the stock Honda thingy on top of the handlebars to still be on top, and it won't happen.

I love my (black) Rox 2" risers. That stock Honda thingy as you said still sits down there, but I use the new naked bar between the risers to hold my GPS handlbar case.

I put the stormguard S1 hand guards on this afternoon, changed my oil for the first time and went for a 150km ride to try them out this evening. What a difference, simple install and huge gains in comfort. Very happy. Between them and the madstad the front end is covered.

I had recently ordered 2" Rox risers, got them, roughed up the outside a little so paint would stick because they sent the wrong color, painted them black with Rustoleum, and went to install them today. They don't fit. The screw holes are at least 1/4 further apart than they should be, so I'm out $80 for something I can't use. Purchased on ebay (I'm beginning to understand why it's called fleabay) from fay myers. That's the last time I'll ever do business with them. Right now I'm so disgusted with this motorcycle I wish someone would steal the blasted thing so I'd never have to see it again.

no your not out of pocket file a dispute with ebay explaining to the vender the problem.
and that the colour wasn't right and that you had to repaint it only to find it doesn't fit.
you will get a reply from ebay saying the the vender has been notified and if he doesn't reply with in a time scale you'll automaticly get a full refund.
if he does reply ,he has to offer a full refund on return goods. either way you will not lose.
but what you will lose is the return postage, it is better to get some of it back than nothing in my view.
don't blame the Bike. we all get frustrated at times when things don't work out right.
so remember no bike or car fit every perfectly.

Last edited:
I put the stormguard S1 hand guards on this afternoon, changed my oil for the first time and went for a 150km ride to try them out this evening. What a difference, simple install and huge gains in comfort. Very happy. Between them and the madstad the front end is covered.

John a question for you,

Where does the air go now, meaning being redirected by handguards; does it ends up more on the chest area or not?
Asking this as I have install handguards on my ex scooter and got increased air stream on my .... well, groins :)
Instead of helping me feel better for winter commuting .....
At least i have 2 kids so no reasons to worry ;)

Maybe I got the wrong LED light for the brake. It wasn't as bright as the stock incandescent bulb. So I ditched it. Brightest is best, in my book.

Edit: Oops, I see the additional LED light where the reflector used to be. My bad... Interesting.

Recent farkels;
Cigarette lighter adapter in the frunk.
Handlebar mounted Android device for music (and playing where I find free WiFi).
Grip puppies (still to be mounted)
Fenda Extenda. I used some industrial strength adhesive (Araldite) to mount it, to avoid drilling into the fender. A friend on another bike forum said that people who drilled through their fender eventually had cracking issues. So far, it's still stuck on there. ;)
Hepco & Becker crash bars on order. Will be getting them painted (or possibly powder coated) sliver before they are mounted.

Last edited:
I rode my NC to work again. When I finished my shift I saw a stock NCX sitting right next to mine.;) I guess there is another
cheap skate gas miser where I work.
The new NCX owner told another guy that he needed to take some of my farkles and put them on his bike.

Last edited:
I rode my NC to work again. When I finished my shift I saw a stock NCX sitting right next to mine.;) I guess there is another
cheap skate gas miser where I work.
The new NCX owner told another guy that he needed to take some of my farkles and put them on his bike.
Tell him it won't fit his bike lol.

Got my tool tubes mounted.

Made some simple brackets out of aluminum flat stock (might or might not have been an old street sign I found many moons ago...):

8729166233_92601bcd4f_c.jpg
Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr

and mounted them to my Givi racks:

8730287674_9f03e6c3ec_c.jpg

8729168121_5b14e0dc16_c.jpg

8729167109_099b35fbec_c.jpg

8729168561_5384a910c0_c.jpg

Excuse the filthy bike... :eek:

Most expensive parts were the darn stainless clamps -- JEGS Performance Products 30854 JEGS Stainless Steel Lap Band Exhaust Clamps

The tubes are the normal Agri Supply tractor manual tubes -- Manual Canister, Tool Tube, Tool Carrier | Agri Supply, 67670, Manual Case (I cut the legs off)

I shamlessly stole the mounting idea from my old WRR forum -- Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?

Anyway, I had one on my last bike and really liked being able to store seldom needed things in it. I have all my tire repair stuff, flashlight, duct tape, a koozie, tools, etc, etc in them. Very handy little tubes -- they gobble up more than you think.

trey

Got my tool tubes mounted.

Made some simple brackets out of aluminum flat stock (might or might not have been an old street sign I found many moons ago...):

8729166233_92601bcd4f_c.jpg

and mounted them to my Givi racks:

8730287674_9f03e6c3ec_c.jpg

8729168121_5b14e0dc16_c.jpg

8729167109_099b35fbec_c.jpg

8729168561_5384a910c0_c.jpg

Excuse the filthy bike... :eek:

Most expensive parts were the darn stainless clamps -- JEGS Performance Products 30854 JEGS Stainless Steel Lap Band Exhaust Clamps

The tubes are the normal Agri Supply tractor manual tubes -- Manual Canister, Tool Tube, Tool Carrier | Agri Supply, 67670, Manual Case (I cut the legs off)

I shamlessly stole the mounting idea from my old WRR forum -- Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?

Anyway, I had one on my last bike and really liked being able to store seldom needed things in it. I have all my tire repair stuff, flashlight, duct tape, a koozie, tools, etc, etc in them. Very handy little tubes -- they gobble up more than you think.

trey

Very nice! Those exhaust clamps look like the way to go. I used zip ties for mine, cheaper. Yes, but they won't last as long as those clamps. I may copy that set up soon.
Here's mine. I'm running with extra fuel in MSR bottles in them. My tools and such are in the frunk .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368318740241.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368318740241.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 307
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368318776900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368318776900.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 290
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368318796261.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368318796261.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 328
Status
Not open for further replies.