• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you ride 75 miles for a donut? Last week I shot out to The Junction along Mines and Hwy 130. An awesome $10 1/2 pound buffalo burger and cold beverage made it well worth the trip. Even in mesh jacket and pants, I am starting to feel the temperature. Wanting to beat the heat today (yes, its 80-90 already here in Northern California), I targeted out an off-highway route to San Jose and the famous Psycho Donuts I'd heard so much about. Waze mapped a nice route from Pleasanton to San Jose along all side roads. From nice rolling rides like Niles Canyon to business park routes like McCarthy Ranch. In a quick hour and a half, i was nearing my destination. There it was! What the?? The line was out the door, across the plaza, and to the street. 100+ people in line for a maple bacon bar? Well, I touched home on the iPhone and headed back. Zero calories ingested, consumed a gallon of gas, and enjoyed a renewed appreciation for the old adage, "the worst day biking is better than the best day working". For Bugs, Bites, and Beverages, I'm PABaldEagle......saying, keep the rubber side down.

I moved my tools under the back by the fuel tank, and mounted a small open box in the recess it's supposed to sit in in the frunk. It's a spot to put sunglasses and power cords for the gps and phone, some change and all those little things you dont want to have bouncing around or loose in the frunk.

Would you ride 75 miles for a donut?

nah I just walk around the corner to the cake shop and get it!
did 200 miles today ,will tell ya more and pics tomorrow!

I FINALLY mounted my top box and got around to replacing the broken shroud on the side. About half my time was spent working the body clips out until I pushed the catch IN on one instead of trying to pull it out. I was horrified because I thought I had broken it and had no extras. Then I had an impact head ache for a few minutes from the forehead smack when I figured out that is how they are supposed to work. BTW -Those little devils are 3 bucks a piece.

Now its just the electrical, grips and socket, but that can wait for another weekend.

nah I just walk around the corner to the cake shop
C'mon...does the corner shop serve "Bananarama", "Cinnamon Troll", "Cereal Killer", "Nutella the Hun" or my favorite, the "Canadian Morning Squeal Meal" - a buttermilk bar topped with maple icing, bacon bits, and chocolate? Mmmm making myself hungry. I think I'll head back down next week, but this time earlier in the day!

C'mon...does the corner shop serve "Bananarama", "Cinnamon Troll", "Cereal Killer", "Nutella the Hun" or my favorite, the "Canadian Morning Squeal Meal" - a buttermilk bar topped with maple icing, bacon bits, and chocolate? Mmmm making myself hungry. I think I'll head back down next week, but this time earlier in the day!

no wonder ya all fat poof eating all that garbage! :p

after about 60 miles we did have a chip butty and jumbo sausage fa dinner and a cup of chow chow;)

I added brush guards ($20 from Cycle Gear) and replaced the multi-led bulbs in my driving lights with single element 5w (35w equivalent) led bulbs from Home Depot.

Guards work well enough to take the edge off on chilly mornings. The lights are more visible during the day (even with replacing the bulbs, the total cost of those lights is still less than $60).

IMGP3503.jpg

Looks great ..... do you have any closer pictures to show how you mounted the driving lights ??

Thanks ...

I added brush guards ($20 from Cycle Gear) and replaced the multi-led bulbs in my driving lights with single element 5w (35w equivalent) led bulbs from Home Depot.

Guards work well enough to take the edge off on chilly mornings. The lights are more visible during the day (even with replacing the bulbs, the total cost of those lights is still less than $60).

IMGP3503.jpg

I received and installed the oem center stand. I also picked up an oil filter and crush washer for my break in oil change tomorrow!

Pulled the Leo Vince emblem (metal plate) off my slip on for a cleaner look. I removed the glue easy after I took the pics.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 256
Replaced the stock exhaust with this slip on from GPR...
Here's my GPR Deeptone Thunder with both front and rear silencers still installed. I am gonna post another video with the rear silencer removed. I run it now the without the rear silencer...

[video=youtube;tOBknaj5DpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBknaj5DpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

IMGP3503.jpg

Are the bulbs for your headlight or turn signals? More info please, and pics if possible... you have my interest now :D

Are the bulbs for your headlight or turn signals? More info please, and pics if possible... you have my interest now :D

The lights run when the low beam is on(and turn off with high beams). Their main purpose is increasing my visibility to others, rather than actual road illumination.

Check out my original thread for my driving lights here for details.

Last edited:
I had recently ordered 2" Rox risers, got them, roughed up the outside a little so paint would stick because they sent the wrong color, painted them black with Rustoleum, and went to install them today. They don't fit. The screw holes are at least 1/4 further apart than they should be, so I'm out $80 for something I can't use. Purchased on ebay (I'm beginning to understand why it's called fleabay) from fay myers. That's the last time I'll ever do business with them. Right now I'm so disgusted with this motorcycle I wish someone would steal the blasted thing so I'd never have to see it again.

I had recently ordered 2" Rox risers, got them, roughed up the outside a little so paint would stick because they sent the wrong color, painted them black with Rustoleum, and went to install them today. They don't fit. The screw holes are at least 1/4 further apart than they should be, so I'm out $80 for something I can't use. Purchased on ebay (I'm beginning to understand why it's called fleabay) from fay myers. That's the last time I'll ever do business with them. Right now I'm so disgusted with this motorcycle I wish someone would steal the blasted thing so I'd never have to see it again.

Auugh! Dood you got the rare "comes with a Gypy curse" edition, NCX! :eek:

I don't quite follow with the hole locations being out though?

The Rox sticky outy bits should simply fit in where the OEM bars went, the stock top handlebar clamp/bridge bolts down, and then the handle bars get clamped into the upper Rox parts, using the Rox top clamps.

Are you maybe saying that you can't get at two of the stock hold down bolts, because the Rox parts are in the way of fitting the wrench in?

This is "normal" lol.

Post up so's we can help, buddy :D

Purchased Airbrush Equipment this saturday. Total beginner :)
kf3.jpg

(not yet installed. Still needs finish and coating paint. Tomorrow.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back