• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go...

Light was terrible and these are with my phone camera, but I think you'll get the idea...

Photo 3: The seat lifted. Although I thought the strap would interfere with the ability of the seat to close, it works like a champ...you do have to undo the middle strap to allow the seat to be opened, but as I said before, it's velcro...

View attachment 4830

Thanks for the update :cool:

You can't weasel the back strap to go under the seat too? That's what I would do. If the strap looks like it would interfere with the hinge part, I would just route the strap further forward in a bit of an "arc" to clear where needed. You can keep it in place with a zip tie or two, to place tension on it if required.

That way you don't have to even undo the velcro to gas up. This is what I did with my F800ST, I placed my luggage rolls on the rear portion of the seat, and strapped them down to the seat, not to the bike, so I could remove the seat off and on the bike, (to get at other stuff under there) and leave the bags undisturbed, still tightly strapped to the seat.

I can do exactly that with my NCX luggage, making the seat be able to move independently on it's own like normal, so as not to have to undo anything.

With your requirements, you would be essentially doing the "opposite", strapping the bags to the bike, not the seat, but the same end result is met.

Docwells,
The bags look great. What make/model are they? Also, is there anything that secures the bottom of the the bags to the bike?

Thanks. They are Oxford brand and they are the sport model. There is nothing across the bottom, but they actually feel pretty secure. I wouldn't ride around with them empty, and I haven't noticed any flopping around when they're loaded. If you look closely at the bird's eye view you should be able to see a second zipper that allows them to be expanded a couple more inches if needed. They're very well made. As I said, I plan to take better pictures with an actual camera. I'll post them later today.

Gave dealer a hefty deposit yesterday for a DCT model. Should have in 2 weeks. In keeping with thread title, TODAY I started ordering some farkles:
- Signal Dynamics headlight modulator.
- Grip Puppies
- Rox risers
- Madstad medium grey sport screen
- Honda Bike Pro's nut plate for Madstad
- FZ-1 fuse block
- wiring harness for my Garmin
- PIAA Headlight bulb

Can't wait to be a card carrying NC700 owner.

Just finished with my farkle number 6 - SW Motech engine guard. Will post picture just to prove it happened but later in week as i'm bored of taking those pictures in a garage without daylight and currently lazy to drive it out, especially as there is a chore of house duties that I've neglected and wife is screaming :)
Interestingly, those engine guards been sitting in a garage for couple of weeks, wrapped beautifully and securely in that air bubble material. Only today when I opened them, I realized that my dealer made a mistake as I've ordered GIVI not SW Motech.
I was thinking for couple of seconds of returning them, But then I said to myself, well as they are already here let's install them :)

DSC01200.jpg Got in 500 miles this weekend - rode from Sheridan down to Casper and did a Poker Run with people there - ended up near Alcova, WY. Rode back today and trolled around town a little afterwards.

Just finished with my farkle number 6 - SW Motech engine guard. Will post picture just to prove it happened but later in week as i'm bored of taking those pictures in a garage without daylight and currently lazy to drive it out, especially as there is a chore of house duties that I've neglected and wife is screaming :)
Interestingly, those engine guards been sitting in a garage for couple of weeks, wrapped beautifully and securely in that air bubble material. Only today when I opened them, I realized that my dealer made a mistake as I've ordered GIVI not SW Motech.
I was thinking for couple of seconds of returning them, But then I said to myself, well as they are already here let's install them :)

As promised some pictures. Kinda like the first one, almost like on a motorcycle fair :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BACK AT IT AGAIN !! I ripped off all the plastics now. I am re-plasti-dipping the entire bike. almost done !! I will have pics up hopefully by Saturday. Clear coat tomorrow..

BACK AT IT AGAIN !! I ripped off all the plastics now. I am re-plasti-dipping the entire bike. almost done !! I will have pics up hopefully by Saturday. Clear coat tomorrow..

Well, that saved me a PM that I was just supposed to send to you (re: plasti-dip).

Waiting for new photos then.

Just mounted my new rear tire,eating lunch now than out to mount the front.

edy8abag.jpg

y3ybu3u9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good, northwest! :cool:

I finally had my TKC's mounted yesterday, but had to pay someone else to put 'em on, unfortunately. I'm envious of you guys with the ability to DIY ;)

...and for the record, TKC's are werrry, werrry skittery on pavement, when brand new!! :eek:

Hello all.... So yesterday I put my towbar and light plug on. I also put on my adjustable foldable brake and clutch levers on.

Today I plan to wash my bike and then I plan to show pictures including the trailer I attach to the bike. I still need to add a mudguard length at the back and a hugger as well. Next weekend I hope.

In 3 weekends Ive gotten it upto 550km's so over the halfway point of the break in.... I don't plan on towing till after the breakin and then I'll add my SW-motech crash bars. Still trying to figure out what exhaust to put on....

Got the front mounted.
9yhumeru.jpg

e3ezyty9.jpg

u6usymun.jpg

u8aredyj.jpg

I also mounted a Fenda Extenda.
9ymy8y3u.jpg

The HF tire mounting rack has paid for it's self a 100 times over ( cost me $53 4 years ago ) I mount ALOT of tires !!
uquby9ug.jpg

I know all about the slickness of the TKC 's !!hehe
EVERY tire I mount,I run a piece of 80 grit sand paper over ALL of the tread before it goes back on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back