• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip to World Cup 2014 (LA to Brazil)

n00bie

Reaction score
Visit site
Just purchased my brand new 2012 Nc700 X in preparation for my trip from LA to Brazil for 2014 World Cup. The dealership quoted the 2 Honda sidecarriers and back trunk (the standard Honda brand, can't find a link to show) at ~$1,600(including labor for installation). After some of the research I've done it seems like a pretty solid price for parts and labor but I want to gather more info.

My question is, what are my options for luggage for the 700X, (keeping in mind that I am taking a trip of this magnitude)? For such a trip, I am doing extensive research and need, not top of the line because I don't have an unlimited budget, but something fairly large, durable, versatile (can easily take off and take with me when I have to leave my bike) and that will, at least somewhat, deter theft.

Any suggestions for luggage are greatly appreciated. I am basically looking for the best OVERALL value and versatility. Any other suggestions dealing with this trip are appreciated as well(any other mods/gadgets/doohickeys to take along).

Last edited:
Enjoy your NC700X... you got about 11 months left... then say "Good bye" to it... and hopefully not to anything else! :cool:

A lot of options are out there now. Here is pic of what I ended up with. I chose these because they had more room in them than the Honda cases.
NCX luggage paint right side.jpgNCX luggage paint rear view.jpg
I also added Admore LED lights to mine.
NC700X Luggage lights paint 07.jpgNC700X Luggage lights paint 11.jpg
I don't know what I would get now, since there are a lot more choices now. Good luck!

For MPG, NCX is brilliant.
For DIY parts and maintenance on such a road trip, I am not too sure, because this motor is a new one and you may have problems finding parts if it breaks down (not that it will/should).
:p

I'd suggest you go to the Twisted Throttle website and research some of the Givi options for a start. If you go either Givi or SW-Motech mounts and Givi E series cases you should be able to get 2 side cases, top case and all mounts for about half of the cost of the OEM Honda luggage. Givi also makes trekker bags that are more stylish and heavier than the E series, and they also have V series top cases. Those options cost more than the E series, but are more stylish. Personally I went with SW-Motech mounts, E45 side cases, and V46 top case, but the E45 side cases may be wider than you want for your trip. There are a lot of other sites that have the mounts and bags, but theTwisted Throttle site will give you some pretty good ideas as to the options and prices. Once you decide on your preferences you can always search the web for the best prices.

Hope this helps,
Bob

Oh I would never claim to be perfect. A world full of perfect people would be boring. It's just those that think that they are perfect that annoy me :)
People can accept me as I am or not that's their choice.

Last edited:
If you are going to Brazil, is it at the time they do the running with the bulls? Now that would be a great adventure, as long a I could find one fellow I'm faster than.

If you are going to Brazil, is it at the time they do the running with the bulls? Now that would be a great adventure, as long a I could find one fellow I'm faster than.

Do they do that in Brazil too?

I did it back in about 1980 in Pamplona. Most days a few runners get gored. The sight of what happens to the bulls in the arena is pretty disgusting though. I lost my sense of humour and walked out.

Not very courageous - more senseless cruelty.

I would recommend you check out the hepco becker line of cases. They have their lock it system side carriers and rear rack for the NC 700X that fit any of their hard bags, which have a reputation for durability. If you think you may be having fuel range issues, Hondabikepro did an interesting extra fuel tank in place of the passenger seat, and he also mentioned he may be fabricating aluminum saddle bags. you can check it out here http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1540-new-fuel-tank-nc.html
I am not sure if he is fabricating either of these for others in the near future but it's a neat thread. If you are going to be on any rough terrain you may want to check out one of his aluminum skid plates, and also his nut plates if you are going to use an aftermarket windscreen. Best of luck on your trip!

Back