• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Super cool Nikken!!! How did it /lookride??!! :{)

I honestly don't know as I have never ridden one. The owner changes bikes like the rest of us change underpants, but he has kept this one and is now considering the Tricity scooter also for general running about. I think he originally purchased the Niken for its novelty value. He has a small fleet of bikes but is a Yamaha fan boy with a FJR and a T7 also. From behind it looks like any normal bike on the road. The front speaks for itself o_O.

Wow, that was a long ride for a pic. Did you take 90 over to 98?
No, I took I-10 out of Jacksonville then 90 from the Sanderson exit to Lake City, then a series of county roads bypassing around and north of Lake City/Live Oak then 32 to Madison. From Madison, I took 360 south, a few small one laners to 14, I think it was 14 to to 59 then 59 south to 98 where Newport is located. I sort of back tracked up to Madison on bits of 59, 19, and Salt Road up to 90 and took 90 to where it crosses under I-10. I needed to get home so I took I-10 back to Jax. All familiar roads. I grew up in the Destin area and have literally made the trip from NE FL to NW FL vice versa a thousand times a thousand ways over the last 40 odd years. I'm sure you know local Indiana roads like that.

I'll PM you my cell number so we could connect up on a Thursday or Friday. I know some north central FL roads you might like.

Finally made it over to Palatka today. Quick trip there and back. Stopped at St John's Power sports to look at the cf moto adventura 650. Nice features for nice price.I can buy it for $7500 OTD. Tft screen, ride modes, adjustable windshield, hard bags, small skid plate. No centerstsnd or crash bars though and 60 Hp...

Have to get rid of 2 bikes before I can buy another per the wife....

I rode a pleasant 45 miles on my CRF250L Rally today, with clear sky, some wind, and 50*F. I saw one other motorcyclist on the road. On my rides last week of 35 miles each on NC700X and Goldwing, I saw no other riders.

A good friend asked me to put some run in miles on his new CB500X. He is busy at this time of year and I am always glad to oblige on one of these bikes. I did about 300kms around my usual haunts on backroads yesterday. More tomorrow.

IMG_4072.JPG

I had a little spare time so I got to thinking about brake fluid (is that what you think when your mind wanders)? I made a chart of my 10 vehicles that have hydraulic brakes and their last fluid changes. The Goldwing had not had a brake fluid change for 6 years! Oops! So last night I bled all the ‘Wing’s lines. That means 8 bleed valves to operate, including the clutch. I did a ride today. The front brakes felt the same as before, the clutch operation felt a little smoother, and the rear brake had a bit firmer pedal and stronger brake action. I’m going to try to stay on top of brake maintenance better now that I made up the chart.

Back