• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

150 miles this morning on the RT. Took the long way to the doctor’s office. Doesn’t look like I have carpal tunnel syndrome to explain the recurrent numbness in right thumb and forefinger. More will be revealed.
I hope that whatever it is that you are able to get past it quickly.

50 mile after dinner ride on the CB @ 80 degrees and the sun going down. 3 close calls with deer tonight. One just stood on the side, 2 ran back into the woods. Probably saw a dozen altogether.

Deer scare me, they are kind of unpredictable. Glad your ride turned out good.
Yea, there are so many around here, as I live in farming and woods territory, and right now there are does with fawns everywhere.

One of the guys at the ST 1300 rally a couple weeks ago t boned one and got busted up pretty badly, and one of the guys on the CB forum hit one last weekend. He was pretty much ok, but it totalled his KTM.

Did a 30 mile Sunday morning country ride with my wife on our Ruckus scooters. Summer riding for me has primarily been on the Ruckus or the electric Zero. Longer trips on the NC will resume at cooler fall weather.

I changed the oil in the scooters as I had not done so since fall of 2019.

Day 190 of riding, a 116 mile lunch run with my younger brother on his Triumph T-120, and me on my Honda CB 1100. It's like it was 1968 again only the bikes are much better and the riders are much older lol. 90 degrees 64% humidity, feels like 105 o_O

My every Thursday lunch ride with my younger brother. 98 miles @ 82 degrees and sunny

HYnUyUuh.jpg

the Ghost pepper wings were pretty hot lol

kaCnDVGh.jpg

Set the side stand switch to rights on the BMW. The side stand fault made its presence known Saturday before last when the RT quit on me 15 miles from home. It just shut off while accelerating through 70 mph onto an interstate entrance ramp. On the shoulder I got it started but it was sputtering and cutting out over 3000 rpm so rode 2 miles to a safe place to assess things. I had to traverse either of two long bridges to get home and did not trust the bike to continue running so I retrieved my bike on my utility trailer. The next day it ran fine during a 30 mile ride in the cool of morning. During the week I couldn’t find anything obviously wrong and sort of chalked it up to a coil breaking down under heat and load. Last Saturday I headed out on it to get a photo tag and at 30 miles it quit in the predawn darkness. It would start and idle and rev in neutral but as soon as I dropped it in gear it quit. The light bulb went off…. The side stand was up but it acted like it was down. I dropped the side stand and tried to start it in gear and it started. It was if the switch was reversed in operation. I couldn’t ride it home with the stand down so I moved the side stand up and down several times while wiggling the play out of it and managed to keep it running with the stand up. It went in gear ok and I gingerly rode it home, grabbed the NC and went for the photo tag. When I got home I examined the side stand switch in light of day. The $2 circlip that holds it in place was gone allowing the switch nearly to fall off. The dealership had the clip and washer so I got them and the washer under it and fixed the problem. In the picture the clip is #4. Rode it 80 miles this morning and it purred IMG_3505.jpeg

Set the side stand switch to rights on the BMW. The side stand fault made its presence known Saturday before last when the RT quit on me 15 miles from home. It just shut off while accelerating through 70 mph onto an interstate entrance ramp. On the shoulder I got it started but it was sputtering and cutting out over 3000 rpm so rode 2 miles to a safe place to assess things. I had to traverse either of two long bridges to get home and did not trust the bike to continue running so I retrieved my bike on my utility trailer. The next day it ran fine during a 30 mile ride in the cool of morning. During the week I couldn’t find anything obviously wrong and sort of chalked it up to a coil breaking down under heat and load. Last Saturday I headed out on it to get a photo tag and at 30 miles it quit in the predawn darkness. It would start and idle and rev in neutral but as soon as I dropped it in gear it quit. The light bulb went off…. The side stand was up but it acted like it was down. I dropped the side stand and tried to start it in gear and it started. It was if the switch was reversed in operation. I couldn’t ride it home with the stand down so I moved the side stand up and down several times while wiggling the play out of it and managed to keep it running with the stand up. It went in gear ok and I gingerly rode it home, grabbed the NC and went for the photo tag. When I got home I examined the side stand switch in light of day. The $2 circlip that holds it in place was gone allowing the switch nearly to fall off. The dealership had the clip and washer so I got them and the washer under it and fixed the problem. In the picture the clip is #4. Rode it 80 miles this morning and it purred View attachment 52717
That had to be a head scratcher for the time being.
Thank God it was something simple.

For much of this week, my primary transportation is my Honda Ruckus scooter. Today, her odometer passed over 7000 miles. While that wouldn’t sound like much for a motorcycle, I think it’s significant for a 49cc scooter. I hope someday to see it past 10,000 miles.

ED416B5F-69D2-4B3A-9053-405FBFCA92AB.jpeg

For much of this week, my primary transportation is my Honda Ruckus scooter. Today, her odometer passed over 7000 miles. While that wouldn’t sound like much for a motorcycle, I think it’s significant for a 49cc scooter. I hope someday to see it past 10,000 miles.

View attachment 52797
Little Honda singles can go the distance. My Elite 80 has 8,405 miles and my Passport 70 had over 20,000 when I sold it.

I used the Goldwing this morning to work a triathlon event. My job was to tote a USTA judge two times around the cycling portion (40 miles) of the event. There are a few of us in north FL that get a call to work several USTA events a year but this one is so hot that no one would do it so I stepped up. The venue is 50 miles away so the day entailed 148 miles total. The Wing blocks so much wind it's very hot to ride in hot weather..... I'd much rather have been on the NC which I ride more than the others during the hot summer months.

Rode the 2005 gsxr1000 that I’d sold to a friend a few years ago. I was considering buying it back from him. But after riding it for a few hours I remembered why I sold it. Too fast, and impractical for everyday use. Turns old guys into squids who should know better. So I reluctantly took a pass.

Back