• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Well, not so much today, but last week. Attended the CB 1100 Rally in Bluefield Va where we rode the Widow maker Rt 80, the Back of the Dragon Rt 16 (multiple times) and about a zillion other curvy roads for a week. Had 1 day of rain where we only got in a brief 55-mile early morning ride up to East River Mountain Overlook on Va Rt 598 which was a great road in itself, but other than that the weather was good if not a bit hot. Lots of good roads in the area! We had 16 CB's show up plus a BMW, 3 Africa Twins, 2 Gold Wings, and Indian and 2 Kawasaki's. Below pictured just the CB's.

Total of 1366 miles for the week and took me up to 220 days riding and 8 miles less than 14,000 miles for the year. (I'll get those 8 plus on today's NC ride lol)

1kxk6Z4h.jpg

7nFpvKdh.jpg

I've been under the weather since last Tuesday but finally this morning I had enough energy to get a bike out. I pulled the side cover off the Elite 80 scooter and replaced the air filter then rode it 6 miles. Not far but a really good feeling to get some wind therapy.

High 60s this morning in the country away from the metro area. Wonderful therapeutic ride of 125 miles. Great to be back in the saddle again.

View attachment 52918
I wish I could get out early before the heat. On my days off, I have horse farm chores to do in the morning and can't get away until noonish.

Went for a short ride on the K1600 on Saturday, with two familiar riding companions. It was just a short, pleasant cruise of probably no more than 50 miles. We went through some farm country, and along the foot of some local mountains for a bit. It was the first time the one fellow I like to ride with has brought his wife, so that was nice. Our ride was short because it was still hot enough by the time we stopped that everyone was pretty much ready to be done.

We haven't ridden for months, so I was very pleased to be able to get out and around, even if only for a short time.

Today I took my wife on our Goldwing on my favorite road in the Eastern United States, the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a beautiful 60 degree (F) ride up at the highest point of the Parkway.

A friendly, lone Harley rider from New York was riding the whole Parkway, and offered to take our photo. He asked if the Honda Goldwing ran smoothly, as he was growing tired of the noise and vibration from his Harley. My wife and I both said yep, the Goldwing is pretty smooth.

We were a colorful bunch in contrast to his all black Harley and clothing.

718647D4-217F-4207-8301-0B316B0CA384.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I took my wife on our Goldwing on my favorite road in the Eastern United States, the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a beautiful 60 degree (F) ride up at the highest point of the Parkway.

A friendly, lone Harley rider from New York was riding the whole Parkway, and offered to take our photo. He asked if the Honda Goldwing ran smoothly, as he was growing tired of the noise and vibration from his Harley. My wife and I both said yep, the Goldwing is pretty smooth.

View attachment 52995
Yep, love the BRP. Matter of fact, my ashes are to be spread off the side of the parking lot at that highest point....

The clutch cable on my bike broke Friday morning (Sept 15th) coming into work, I had two stoplights to go before the parking lot so that was fun, not... Along with the clutch lever assembly being a little worn also (26 years and a 138K + miles, so while I'm waiting for a new clutch cable, I found a used complete assembly on eBay, it came in yesterday so I installed in it late yesterday evening. I'm back on the road and my bike is in the work parking lot this morning. It still needs little adjustment but works okay. I'll put the new cable alongside the current one so when/if it fails, I'll have a new spare cable ready to go.

The clutch cable on my bike broke Friday morning (Sept 15th) coming into work, I had two stoplights to go before the parking lot so that was fun, not... Along with the clutch lever assembly being a little worn also (26 years and a 138K + miles, so while I'm waiting for a new clutch cable, I found a used complete assembly on eBay, it came in yesterday so I installed in it late yesterday evening. I'm back on the road and my bike is in the work parking lot this morning. It still needs little adjustment but works okay. I'll put the new cable alongside the current one so when/if it fails, I'll have a new spare cable ready to go.
26 years? Your NC is a time machine, too!

At any rate, you got your money’s worth out of that cable.

View attachment 52995
Blue Ridge Parkway. Hmm, close to the Tail of the Dragon! Are you, the “Yellow Wolf?” Humiliator of many sport bike riders who thought they were fast!

Blue Ridge Parkway. Hmm, close to the Tail of the Dragon! Are you, the “Yellow Wolf?” Humiliator of many sport bike riders who thought they were fast!
Well, the BRP is far enough from the Tail of the Dragon that it is more civilized and not treated as a racetrack (like the Cherohala Skyway). And no, I’m not Yellow wolf, but I’ve heard of it/him.

That would have been Rick not 670cc. Rick quit riding street bikes about 10 years ago. He filmed me in 2006,
He was quite a rider. I started going to the Gap starting in 2002. Somehow I missed being there when he was. It would have been an experience to follow him I’m sure.

Back