• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

46 mile ride on the CB looking for old cars to take a picture with the CB for this month's CB forum Photo Challenge. Found a 40's Willy's and 70's Wagoneer.

TiHiC8Ch.jpg

4C6y3OGh.jpg

Saw a 20 or 30's something car (looked like a model A or something) while out for a ride with Mrs Ferret this morning which would have been great for the photo challenge, however I was on my NC at the time.

Thought sure I'd find someone out cruising in their 57 Chev or something

Last edited:
Picked up a Garmin zumoXT and a special mount out of Italy to install it in the factory GPS location, both second-hand items for a good price. I didn't have the factory GPS, and it's not been very reliable for people anyway, so I'm happy to have a dedicated, offline GPS for the K!

Out for about 300kms on the Strom on a day ride with some other decrepits. A few pics. Two are of the Strom to authenticate. Two are of a mod I saw around the rear sprocket of an NC750X and two of an old car that we came across at our lunch stop.

BKDGE8712.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

150 miles this morning on the RT. Took the long way to the doctor’s office. Doesn’t look like I have carpal tunnel syndrome to explain the recurrent numbness in right thumb and forefinger. More will be revealed.

28 miles on the CB. Took it in for some service getting ready for the CB 1100 forum rally.. New tires (Angel GT's 110 and 160), new brakes and clutch fluid, new air cleaner (oem), new spark plugs (oem). Tech said my brakes were still good for another 5K miles.

For the record:
I had 10,504 miles on the old Pirelli Angel GT's 9 and they could have gone another 500 miles)
17,991 on the brake pads (*not replaced ...good for another 5K)
17,991 on the plugs
17,991 on the air cleaner
25,034 on the clutch and brake fluids
Chain and sprockets have 34,105 and passed inspection and not replaced (probably get replaced when the brake pads do)

Last edited:
I rode 60 miles on the Zero DSR today, riding some backroads I haven't been on since last year. But, it became miserably hot outside, so I went home.

I rode today 350 miles (580 kilometres) to visit family. I’ve done numerous 50 to 100 mile trips on the Nc, but not this far In one go on this particular bike. It was a mixture of highway and backroads. I’ve mentioned (complained) a couple of times that at 6’2” I’ve found the bike somewhat uncomfortable and the suspension harsh. Plus Id always felt the bars were too high and wide.

I loaded my givi cases and took off. This was the first time I’d ridden with the cases, only recently having put them on the bike. The bike ran flawlessly at 80 mph, and gave good gas mileage. The suspension felt pretty compliant and plush, not harsh at all. I put this down to the extra weight, as I can’t think of any other reason why the ride felt smoother.

I also found the riding position just right. It made sense, and I wondered why this was the first time it had. I arrived at my destination and I can honestly say that I wasn’t the least bit tired. Up to this ride I’d wondered if the bike would just prove to be a good commuter, but a bad tourer. I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasnt .

The front end still needs sorting out, but I now have no hesitation in spending the money doing so.

Back