• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Day 309...CB needed some lovin'...61 miles @ 55 degrees and partly cloudy. Finished out another month without missing a day of riding..342 miles on my CB, 1456 miles on the NC for 1798 miles for the month and 19,266 miles for the year and 309 out of 334 days ridden for the year

Had the Zero DSR at the dealer getting a free manufacturer offered modification done, as well as a firmware update. With this latest version, new firmware updates should be self doable through the phone app going forward. Hopefully never have to see a dealer again, but this is the first time in 2.5 years that I went back.

I installed the OEM center stand and swapped the dog bones back to the original (stock). Still unable to lift the bike onto the center stand by myself, but I'll keep working on my 'technique'. Any 'tips' are appreciated!

I installed the OEM center stand and swapped the dog bones back to the original (stock). Still unable to lift the bike onto the center stand by myself, but I'll keep working on my 'technique'. Any 'tips' are appreciated!
Don’t just try to lift the bike onto the centerstand. Try to move the bike rearward so it will lever itself up. Also, focus on your foot and pressing your weight into the centerstand pedal, more so than using your arm.

This thread might help if you haven’t read through it yet.

This thread might help if you haven’t read through it yet.

Thanks for the thread reference, dduelin!
After reading through the tips, suggestions, techniques there and then attempting to apply them, I was able to find a way that works for me to put the bike onto the center stand with relative ease!
In my case, the 'key' was to center the handlebars, upright the bike with the center stand partially deployed and then to use a lot of pressure on the center stand pedal (a sturdy shoe/boot helps) as I 'roll' the bike rearward (holding onto but not really lifting) the bars and the rear rack!

After reading through the tips, suggestions, techniques there and then attempting to apply them, I was able to find a way that works for me to put the bike onto the center stand with relative ease!
In my case, the 'key' was to center the handlebars, upright the bike with the center stand partially deployed and then to use a lot of pressure on the center stand pedal (a sturdy shoe/boot helps) as I 'roll' the bike rearward (holding onto but not really lifting) the bars and the rear rack!
Yep. Exactly what I do. When I struggle, particularly with the 900 pound Goldwing, I remind myself to press down on that centerstand pedal as hard as I can and roll the bike rearward, then . . success! Like you I go put on a sturdy shoe/boot, even if just temporarily on the right foot.

I’ve tried to describe it, sometimes, like my right arm is simply a strap from my shoulder to the grip point on the motorcycle so that when I press down with my leg muscles against the center stand pedal, the bike levers up onto the stand. I’m lifting but not with my right arm & shoulder but with my leg. Great job finding out what works for you.

Got my yard leaf raking done early, so I did a quick 35 mile ride split between the Zero DSR and the Honda CRF250. Temperature was just under 40F, but still a bit above normal for this time of year.

Nice day and the CB needed some exercise since it had been a week since it was ridden...Day 324..61 miles at 54 degrees and sunny

Put a different windscreen on Klaus (BMW K1600GTL). It's one I got for free from a guy when I bought some other parts from him. It's for the GT version of this model, and is much shorter overall than the GTL's screen. I love it! It's perfect for me, for nice weather like today (~75 and sunny).

Oh, yeah... I went across town on surface streets to pick up a Christmas present for my wife.

First real ride with the new (to me) bike, a 2016 Africa Twin. This bike was rode well, not too hard, but still put up wet...so it needed some deferred maintenance. Fork seals, brake pads, chain/sprockets, new battery. Wasn't really that awful before all the repairs, but the bike is definitely happier now. I have also been reconfiguring it, and took off a lot of farkles and restored some OEM parts too. The beat up fairings and seat are on my radar next, but for now I'm just riding it in tolerable weather. Speaking of.....

Today's ride was ~90 miles out to lunch & back with the usual suspects. Temps in the very mild mid-60s, but up in the wet & shady hills it dropped 10-15°. The AT has been a pleasant surprise - I had wrongly thought it was too much bike, too (top) heavy, too tall for my inseam. Yes, it's a few lbs. more than the NC, but nothing I cannot get used to. I can flat foot it, and more POWAH on tap is nice. It seems to fit me better, and I sit more inside it vs. the NC which felt like I was bit perched on top. I haven't installed a taller windscreen yet to divert more wind over me, but my legs are no longer getting hammered. Riding the AT just a short while so far has really opened my eyes to how windy of a bike the NC is (for me).

The fuel econo of the NC will be missed, but it's a wash to me, seeing how the AT has a larger gas tank. I definitely miss the frunk, that is the only real fly in the ointment. Enough of my yapping, here's a pic.

IMG_20231222_141138888_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
First real ride with the new (to me) bike, a 2016 Africa Twin. This bike was rode well, not too hard, but still put up wet...so it needed some deferred maintenance. Fork seals, brake pads, chain/sprockets, new battery. Wasn't really that awful before all the repairs, but the bike is definitely happier now. I have also been reconfiguring it, and took off a lot of farkles and restored some OEM parts too. The beat up fairings and seat are on my radar next, but for now I'm just riding it in tolerable weather. Speaking of.....

Today's ride was ~90 miles out to lunch & back with the usual suspects. Temps in the very mild mid-60s, but up in the wet & shady hills it dropped 10-15°. The AT has been a pleasant surprise - I had wrongly thought it was too much bike, too (top) heavy, too tall for my inseam. Yes, it's a few lbs. more than the NC, but nothing I cannot get used to. I can flat foot it, and more POWAH on tap is nice. It seems to fit me better, and I sit more inside it vs. the NC which felt like I was bit perched on top. I haven't installed a taller windscreen yet to divert more wind over me, but my legs are no longer getting hammered. Riding the AT just a short while so far has really opened my eyes to how windy of a bike the NC is (for me).

The fuel econo of the NC will be missed, but it's a wash to me, seeing how the AT has a larger gas tank. I definitely miss the frunk, that is the only real fly in the ointment. Enough of my yapping, here's a pic.

View attachment 53398
Nice! Congrats cornbiker. I have 3 friends with AT's. All like them.

if I were bigger... lol

I don't really know my way around such a forum as this, but I'll give it a try. I was riding my 1984 Honda VF-1100S and a Rivian pickup truck sort of thing was behind me. We were at a stop sign and after the stop sign was a very long sweeping turn, so I went first of course and peered in my rear view mirror, and could see the Rivian driver was trying mightily, with all four motors singing their electric song, to close the distance so I twisted the Sabre's wick while in second gear, and left the Rivian like it was standing still.
A few days later I had the Sabre on a very long straight stretch of road, that I, in a previous time, could not get my NC-750X DCT to get to 100 mph, with it topping out at about 98 mph, so I tried to exceed 100 mph with the Sabre, and it was no problem. By the bye the Honda VF-1100S is also known as a V-65 Sabre.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Back