• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

After a couple days off for medical issues (including a visit to the ER) and weather I was finally able to get back in the saddle today for a short ride

Day 10...21 miles @ 13 degrees and sunny

ZAfJ5plh.jpg
Forget about the riding; was the ER trip for you? Everyone okay on your end?

Forget about the riding; was the ER trip for you? Everyone okay on your end?

Yea it was for me. Just let me say I feel like royalty since King Charles and I are about the same age and in the same predicament. As the urologist said " welcome to being an old dude"

Last edited:
It's too cold to ride here in central Ohio so I've started a winter project. Bought this bike new back in 1980, but it's been in storage since 1988. Brought it home from storage and hope to have it running by good weather...

On-Trailer-001.jpg

Started with the carbs and the brakes. Unfortunately, I never planned to let the bike sit this long, so it was not put away well.

cbx-carbs-in-progress-001.jpg

Carbs are pretty bad, but I've seen worst. Going to break the rack and do complete carb rebuild. Ordered parts from Randakk's Cycle Shakk https://www.randakksblog.com/randakks-master-carb-overhaul-kit-for-honda-cbx/

Going to do the same for the brakes, complete master cylinder and caliper rebuild. May need to replace all the brake lines as well. At any rate, should keep me busy until warmer weather arrives. ;)

It's too cold to ride here in central Ohio so I've started a winter project. Bought this bike new back in 1980, but it's been in storage since 1988. Brought it home from storage and hope to have it running by good weather...

On-Trailer-001.jpg

Started with the carbs and the brakes. Unfortunately, I never planned to let the bike sit this long, so it was not put away well.

cbx-carbs-in-progress-001.jpg

Carbs are pretty bad, but I've seen worst. Going to break the rack and do complete carb rebuild. Ordered parts from Randakk's Cycle Shakk https://www.randakksblog.com/randakks-master-carb-overhaul-kit-for-honda-cbx/

Going to do the same for the brakes, complete master cylinder and caliper rebuild. May need to replace all the brake lines as well. At any rate, should keep me busy until warmer weather arrives. ;)
That sounds like a ton of fun! Would you mind posting pics here when you're all buttoned up?

Longest ride yet on the K13S and managed 2.5 hour return trip in a downpour. Snow up in the northern part of our State and plenty on San Juan Island that melted out pretty well overnight. 422C25D5-CCAA-4CAA-9B64-FE76E31D8FAF_1_105_c.jpeg The photo is me in line at the ferry terminal on San Juan Island. The day before I got there and was spinning out the rear tire in a parking lot trying to nudge the bike into a parking space that had about 6 inches of slush around it. Damn glad I kept control and didn't drop the bike because in that slush I would have had a hell of a time picking her up.

Well, carbs are all done on the CBX! Rebuilding them was quite the adventure. The idle jets are pressed into the carb body so I drilled and taped the upper portion of the jet, and then used a washer, a screw, and a nut to pull the jets from the carb body. Fortunately there is enough extra brass at the top of the jet to allow for this without damaging the jet itself.

cbx-idle-jet-001.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-002.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-003.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-004.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-005.jpg

I hadn't started the little klx250sf in about 6 weeks. Started it and ride it about an hour on country roads (more dirt than asphalt). Nice little ride. Too many bikes/hobbies, too little time .

Well, carbs are all done on the CBX! Rebuilding them was quite the adventure. The idle jets are pressed into the carb body so I drilled and taped the upper portion of the jet, and then used a washer, a screw, and a nut to pull the jets from the carb body. Fortunately there is enough extra brass at the top of the jet to allow for this without damaging the jet itself.

cbx-idle-jet-001.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-002.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-003.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-004.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-005.jpg
Dayum. I remember now why I like classic Honda singles :)

cbx-idle-jet-001.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-002.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-003.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-004.jpg

cbx-idle-jet-005.jpg
This is awesome and you just paid it forward by sharing this. For sure this is going to help someone else in some other set of circumstances.

Well folks, this might be my last post for a while, as I don't own an NC anymore....and it's replacement is mostly dialed in. I've had deferred maintenance done, replaced or removed things I won't use or need, and fixed a lot of boo boos. Today was the last major thing, and totally unncessary, but made the bike look a lot better. The old dented/ratty exhaust and busted plastic cover got replaced by a newer OEM pipe and new cover. Much cleaner look and basically stays factory. I'll pop back in from time to time and I wanted to say the people on here is why I'll do that - you guys have a great forum and I hope it stays that way, safe travels to all......

IMG_20240202_131807865_HDR.jpg

Back