• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What seat is installed on your NC700?

What seat is installed on your NC700?

• Stock seat

Votes: 69 35.6%
  • Stock seat with external pad or sheepskin

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Stock seat - owner modified internally

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Professionally built/modified on stock seat pan

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • BMS - Bill Mayer Saddles

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Seat Concepts

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Sargent

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Shad

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Russell Day-Long

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Corbin

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters
Also because of the width of the front of the seat I have to slide forward every time I come to a stop just to be able to tip-toe it.

Hey Dennis, that's me on full-sized dirt bikes and dualsports, though not because of seat width but because going forward is the only place the seat is low enough to tip-toe, or touch one foot well. But the weight on those machines is less, so I can only imagine what a PITA it must be not to have both a modicum of comfort and at-stop stability. Hope you find a better solution. I myself plan on going for the Shad after reading reviews here and there, in spite of the fact I don't really need the pillion section.

The stock pillion seat on mine sticks too. But so far all it requires when releasing it for a fill-up is to place a firm hand's pressure down on it before/during turning the key. I'm guessing there is a way to adjust the mechanism but so far have not seen a need.

A little grease on the latches goes a long way in lowering friction on the latch.........lowering the effort or torque needed on the key.

Do all these seat complaints, slope etc apply to the NC750 as well? Is it the same seat? Thanks

Like pismocycleguy I went with Corbin, and discovered I to needed 2 mods after. The last one was the best as they dished it lower but still it doesn't really help as much as having a back support which I thought wasn't possible until I saw old can ride's mod- how did you get that done and still access your tank for fill up's? In any case I added highway pegs which help only modestly since the position on the frame of where you can stick the pegs is limited by the case. In any case I managed to ride to the PNW from Ventura County CA to Washington State. Since we would stop for sightseeing it was easier than I expected but I get a reprieve when I do these long trips solo due to gas fill ups. I use my bike for all commuting. I believe that if I could get back support while riding that would help a lot.

I went with a seat concepts. I have seat concepts seats on two other bikes and was really happy with them. Not so much on the nc750. I'm not totally convinced it's all in the seat. For a tall rider the nc is not a comfortable bike. Us tall guys raise bars, lower pegs etc to try and manage it but really it's a design issue. I think the pegs are too far back. As far as the seat goes the cover you use can make quite a difference as well. I'm a big fan of gripper covers. Seat concepts gripper covers are excellent. I'm not sure if the other manufactures offer this. I had a corbin once and was sliding all over the place (not on my nc). As above the reviews on the shad are good.

Does the Shad Comfort seat affect ride height, at all? More specifically, is it taller than the stock seat?

I had a Shad seat and rode on it for 5000 miles. Sold it. Have a Saddleman. Later bought a second NC700 with Russell Day Long that (unfortunately) did not fit me at all. Saw a Shad for sale and bought that. So one NC has a Saddleman, and the other has a Shad. I have a love-hate relationship with the Shad. The Shad is very soft, so for shorter rides it’s very comfy. But if you go on a 2000 mile trip in a week, eventually you kinda feel like you’re sitting on the seat pan and at that point the forward slope is also back.

Now to answer your question, the Shad looks taller than stock at the front, but because the foam is soft, you will ride a bit lower that stock.

I had a Shad seat and rode on it for 5000 miles. Sold it. Have a Saddleman. Later bought a second NC700 with Russell Day Long that (unfortunately) did not fit me at all. Saw a Shad for sale and bought that. So one NC has a Saddleman, and the other has a Shad. I have a love-hate relationship with the Shad. The Shad is very soft, so for shorter rides it’s very comfy. But if you go on a 2000 mile trip in a week, eventually you kinda feel like you’re sitting on the seat pan and at that point the forward slope is also back.

Now to answer your question, the Shad looks taller than stock at the front, but because the foam is soft, you will ride a bit lower that stock.

What is your verdict on the Saddleman?

What is your verdict on the Saddleman?

Seats are a personal thing. Of all the seats I’ve tried (stock, Shad, Seat Concepts, Saddleman, Sargent, Russell Day Long), the Saddleman is the best so far. It’s eliminates the forward slope (something you have on stock, Sargent, and somewhat on Shad), it looks good (nice cover, no stupid lettering like Corbin). But the Saddleman is still not quite perfect. It’s more about the seating position on the NC than it is the seat design. If I could sit a little more upright with my feet more forward, the Saddle man would be very nice. The quest continues for the perfect seat.

The Saddleman does increase right height slightly because of the thicker foam up front that eliminates the slope, but it doesn’t increase height as much as a Seat Concepts does.

but it doesn’t increase height as much as a Seat Concepts does.

I want to try the LOW version of the SC, but came across that Shad seat deal and wanted to look in to it. Think I may still go with the SC Low, I'm just leery of giving up the stock seat in case it doesn't work out. And so my debacle (if you can even call it that) continues.

Corbin - even with the silly lettering. (BTW, order the lettering in black - takes care of that issue).

I have had these saddles on all my ST's and now my NC (20 years of riding sport touring) - if you go through the standard break-in period, it is am amazing seat. I can ride any distance and never know it is there (which is the point). I know they are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I do not suggest buying these used. It is like buying someone else's 2 year old hiking boots - they will never fit quite right.

Photos and discussion here: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/n...n-review.html?highlight=PortlandZinMan+corbin

I have a Top Sellerie gel insert seat, but it supports the wrong part of my butt, If I scoot back on the seat it feels better, but then my steering position is all off.

Back