• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You Meet The Nicest People...

(((I did sugest to Sue that she sold her bikes to make room for the Wing. I would post her reply but it would get me banned from the forum)))

go on the Rocker we're all waiting!!;)

You and one other maybe. I don't seem to have a problem with anyone else. Why not just get on and enjoy the forum and leave me to the same instead of making personal comments

John is also from the UK.
As a English-schooled person, I have no idea why John's post is perceived to be offensive and Rocker66 tells John to move along.
I am sure John is not wilful nor wanting to cranks things bad/worse. Or am I imagining things?
It is just a tease or tongue-in-cheek comment. What's so wrong about that?
I'd say the same to a "friend".
I'd not be angry if someone wrote this to me.

My conclusion and advise is:
Kindly lighten up. This is a happy forum and we should all be contributing to a happy forum.
Any one who is quarrelsome and pick on bones, should take a timeout themselves.

Last edited:
Dear Rocker66,
kindly do unto others what you want others to do unto yourself.

If you are a bit more sensitive, you have been commenting on MY comments when some weeks ago, you have aggressively told me to shut up and stay clear from you. Honest to God, I have been keeping my part of the bargain.

I have been "ignoring" your "personal comments" when you quote me, whilst now you are quoting others and telling John to shut up about you. You are the only one in my ignore list and will continue to be.

Please, I do not intend to pursue this nor air this dirty laundry about us or about you.

You seem to have one set of standards for yourself, and maintain a totally different one for people you offended or people who "seemed to have" offended you. I do not wish to dig out the posts you made to prove this, but I am 100% certain I am not imagining things, nor bearing a grudge. You did admit you were bearing me a grudge on the contrary.

We all want a happy forum. I have no problems whatsoever with others. It is YOU, who seem to be very opinionated and irrational (grumpy) at certain times.
If you play good ball, we will all play good ball.

Thank you for reading, and please don't take this too personally. It is really an objective plea for you to take another look at yourself and your hidden agenda posts towards me or John.

Thank you and hopefully you stop crying foul.
Live and let live you said, please do it.

"leave me"...you said, I respectfully ask you (once more) to do the same to me. Leave me and my posts (comments) alone.
Please do not quote me or rebuke me like a grumpy lecturer.

We / I shall follow YOUR lead.
:)

I have not made any personal comments about you since our agreement but I reserve the right to agree or disagree with your post. For instance earlier today I pointed out that your post regarding headlights in Europe did not apply to the UK . This was nothing personal just a statement of fact. If I post something that is not 100% correct and you have a better knowledge then feel free to correct me. It's called freedom of speech which can be done without personal comments

I have not made any personal comments about you since our agreement but I reserve the right to agree or disagree with your post. For instance earlier today I pointed out that your post regarding headlights in Europe did not apply to the UK . This was nothing personal just a statement of fact. If I post something that is not 100% correct and you have a better knowledge then feel free to correct me. It's called freedom of speech which can be done without personal comments

Sorry. You just don't get it.

You can get "personal" with your comments about other people (and then you call it freedom of speech, whatever), and then you scream your head off when others start to do the same to you.

Come on.
I seriously think YOU are unaware of what you are posting at me or and making me/others cringe with your sarcastic words and hidden meanings. You do that to me. I have noticed. You don't do that to others. Few months back, you openly admitted you kept doing this because you bore a grudge. Do you remember? Or are you denying it now?

One principle I strongly believe in, and perhaps you may agree.
Don't begin what you are unable or unwilling to finish.
Do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

You are NOT a harmless senior rider. I wish you were.

You come across as one who wants to throw his weight around citing senority and long list of bikes, but actually lack the humility or the technical skills and background to carry it off successfully. When confronted, you shrink and cry foul.
Many others here could have spotted these as well.
They are just too humble and gentle with you.

And you think you are always right.
Oh please. When confronted with FACTs, you suddenly turn the page again and say something else, equally nasty. remember my purchase of a shoei helmet from an online shop? I was successful. You turned it into a guilt-do-not-support-your-local-shop thread. You always want to win.

Again, I am not trying to infuriate you.
I just hope you (being an oldie at 66, a respectable age I want to believe), refrain from childish games in forums and trying to one-up yourself over others.
My english may not be so good, but my heart is surely pure.
Yours? Read your posts, and people get an idea what you present yourself to be.

Peace. And radio out.

Last edited:
I really don't want to carry this on either on forum or off. However Unlike John I have not told anyone that they shouldn't be working that the job that they do is easy that the position they hold is just to cause trouble. How anyone leads their personal lives ( providing it doesn't hurt others) is entirely up them.
I don't claim to have any great technical skills something I have mad quite clear several times. I don't think that I have a superior knowledge to anyone but I do think that when it comes to bikes I do have a reasonable experiance.
With a great passion for biking I'm obviously going to have strong opinions such as supporting my local dealer. I never said on this subject that I was right and you were wrong I just stated my opinion
Now please let it drop

I really don't want to carry this on either on forum or off. However Unlike John I have not told anyone that they shouldn't be working that the job that they do is easy that the position they hold is just to cause trouble. How anyone leads their personal lives ( providing it doesn't hurt others) is entirely up them.
I don't claim to have any great technical skills something I have mad quite clear several times. I don't think that I have a superior knowledge to anyone but I do think that when it comes to bikes I do have a reasonable experiance.
With a great passion for biking I'm obviously going to have strong opinions such as supporting my local dealer. I never said on this subject that I was right and you were wrong I just stated my opinion
Now please let it drop

What has that got to do with my original thread in the UK forum, where I was saying how I was trying to buy a helmet from an online shop?
I was sharing my first experience and all you did was to blast me from all sorts of angle, wish me failure and saying boogie man stuff.

In the end, I even gently said I was successful, and people may profit from my experience (I even tried to steer away from you), and then you bring up the "final word" that you insist on supporting your local dealer, etc.

This is call diversion when you are in a dead end.
Come on, Rocker66. Stop diggg your own hole deeper.
FYI: 2 other users at that forum PM'ed me and asked me to ignore "that grumpy old man".

When I am wrong, I admit it and I apologise and I move on, sincerely hoping the other party agrees magnanimously.
Can you say YOU do that?

I do not change the subject and say something else to have the last word and then claim it was an opinion or "my freedom of speech".

John was incisive to spot your job description and he stated his opinion. Is it that wrong?
I perceive Ducatis to be of poor reliability. Am I wrong? Perhaps factually. But like you keep saying, it is MY OPINION.

What pisses you off is when others do not agree with you and then proceeds to prove you wrong, and then you bring on other offtopic stuff to try to win an argument.

You do not realise this behaviour is sometimes what people call, "sounds like an arrogant arsehole".
Sorry I don't mean you, coz you don't agree with my analysis. So you are a "gentleman".
Not every experienced man or person is "correct". Eat shit, millions of flies cannot be wrong.

Your school of thought is sometimes useful, but sometimes out of synch with modern times (like buying online).
You have to agree to disagree but you cannot twist the facts or change the subject.

Now, please refrain from quoting me or commenting on MY posts. I really don't understand why you twist and turn the original agreement.
I don't need your opinion or advise on my comments. Really I don't.

I will gladly return the favour (which I have been doing religiously).
Thanks for reading. It is therapeutic for me to let it all out.
I really do not wish to alienate you, but your aggressive "opinion" on my posts give me little leeway to see you in a better light.

Please, like you said, move along, nothing to see.
Don't comment on my comments.
Thank you. Can you kindly don't reply anymore and gift me the "last word"? Lets see....

PS: This thread/post is about meeting "nice people" on the forum, and I really want to get it off my chest. Because this man keeps posting his "free opinion" on my posts. I just don't want to see that again and again and he keeps saying it is his freedom of speech thing.
Argh!!!!

Last edited:
However Unlike John ... vat de ya meen ol fruit!!
like Happy said you always have to be right ..just a typical union man atTITude always right.
at 1st my comments regarding you Dick were done in jest but being the fool your are you didn't see it that way.
you requested me not to call you Dicky which I did.
if I was serious about all this I could really insult you like....
[[[your reply just showed how rude, uneducated and obnoxious little man you can be.]]]
[[[did your mammy dropped you when you entered into this world all them years ago... if so this will explain your low intelligent.]]]
I could go on to insult you but that's not my intention and never will be.
I'm just winding you up and your taking the bait.
and as regard to opinions..opinions are like arse holes every one has one.
so if I say me ol fruit just take as a friendly jest,I can understand if I said ol bas**rd.
an Australian friend calls me that. how ya doin ol bas**rd I didn't offence to him calling me that ,I just return a favour and call geriatric ol git .
we just laugh about it went on our usual of conversing.(skype)
so take heed Rocker chill out.

So saying that I'm taking peoples jobs is just a joke is it. telling me that I should retire is a joke. sorry I don't see it that way. I may not have the education of many of you as I had to leave school at 15 to start work. Never had a day of unemployment since.
As to opinions everybody thinks that their opinion is right otherwise it wouldn't be their opinion.

going off your Rocker again eh.
just like happy said --your like a dogs Dick you have to be in ..in other words last word..
I to didn't leave school till 16 either so one year isn't going to make a difference so that my ol fruit is a poor excuse.
you've obviously not study hard enough.

and stop adding fuel to the fire because you will NOT win with me.

Last edited:
"switches of TV and gets popcorn out for better entertainment"

That's a shame as you will be missing Charlie Boormans S.African Adventure:). Anyway I'm off to work shortly

= Changing the subject when we were really pleading with you to stay cool, stop your sarcasm (freedom of speech).

I'm not trying to win with anybody. I didn't even realise that I was in some sort of competion

= Throwing a smokebomb and changing the subject once more. A weak try at adding humor. Good try.

No not The Who. They would be on a music channel :)

= Trying to sound funny and changing the subject to music. The Who. Yes, some of us young folks also know The Who.

============

I'd really like to "like" you for a change (seeing it is 2013 and what), and so....please be sensitive when you post to the forum, while you quote me.
That is all I ask. If you cannot, then leave me alone. I have enough friends here in this forum.

(BTW Guys, this is what he told the other forum admin so that he can kick me out of UK forum. Ted was not sure if I would be ok to leave the UK forum. He said in an email, Rocker told him I would be ok over here and so he kicked me out. I had no chance to even talk about it. Rocker told Ted I was creating a lot of unhappiness with ALOT of people. I guess Rocker66 meant ALOT = himself. He was the only one arguing with me. Others were not complaining as far as I knew.
Banned with no discourse for appeal. Ted is an ex-lawyer he told me). This sounds like a drama TV series, I know.
I wonder how many people were "fired" in real life because of what some people said to the boss. I am just wondering.

You can post all you want. I and all here have no problem with that.

If you do not want to be personal, then you can start by not telling us "mods" or "Scooters" are sensitive words to you. I, for one, don't really care.

Your strong stand against the mods or scooters, is exactly what this world should NOT want in more quantity. Vengence and grudge. Let it go! (or don't let us know, spare us the theatrics! I don't support anti-scooter streakers on our roads)
Such strong stances lead to unnecessary bloodshed (I am sure that must be what happened during the "old days") but I am not going to verify it.

Keep cool and be real cool. Pretending to be cool, is just not cool.

I hope you really get it this time round. You should be a dainty old rocker. A gentleman at your ripe age.
Not a firey, over-expired gangster trying to bully his way around a bunch of younger guys who just wanna have fun on this forum.
I am sure you don't want that label. I am NOT SAYING you are that.

PS: Thanks to all the PMs I received, telling me I am on the right track and that they saw the exact same behaviour in this forum and THE OTHER FORUM (where I was banned mainly due to....you guessed it) .
:p

Last edited:
Back