• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode back down to the dealer today and surprised the hell out of him. I taught myself to do the shifting around the neighborhood. I still need practice, but I don't need lessons from the dealer now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'll third the NSF class! You won't regret taking it, it's the best thing you can do to improve your riding ability and confidence in riding,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

50 and sunny all day,after 8 days of not riding it was nice to be out again.roads were dry but a little dirty.no pics,I didn't want to stop.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Today I went to Los Angeles crest highway for the first time and rode just a part of the road, the road is in very good condition and at 8am, there were only cyclists there. On my way back saw 3 bikes going up...I think they were V-stroms. Overall, a very nice experience but for me (only 5 months of experience) and first time in this kind of roads, it was a little scary. The road is 20 minutes from home (Alhambra, CA). I plan to go again soon.
Here are a couple of pics
DSC_7267.jpgDSC_7266.jpgDSC_7264.jpg

I actually washed my bike for the first time since owning it. I love how the gray bike hides the dirtiness.

After a couple days of freezing fog the skies cleared so I had to get out for a ride. I rode up toward Bluewood Ski Area located in the Blue Mountains in SE Washington.

WinterRide.jpg
Sunset.jpg

I rode toward the sunset on my way home. All in all a nice ride though it was getting a little cold on the way back.

I like the bottom pick sunset.what tires you running and how do you like them on paved roads.

I like the bottom pick sunset.what tires you running and how do you like them on paved roads.

I'm running the Shinko 705's both front and rear. I've put about 350 miles on them so far and they ride well, slight vibration at low speed and more noise at high speed, but they work well on gravel/dirt roads. I wanted an all around tire, I like to ride up to the mountains on gravel/dirt forest roads and when the weather permits, commute to work. So far, they seem to work well on pavement, although I've been taking it easy on them due to the winter conditions.

I went to iron pony in search of a must needed new helmet.I got a bell arrow,it was marked down twice on price.I have been looking at bells for awhile and could not pass this up.I forgot what a well padded lid felt like.

Hey everyone. I joined here awhile ago, but have not been too good about posting. I took my trusty NC700X DCT out Friday, north to wine country (California). Actually, to Central Coast, north of here (Los Angeles). I had a female companion on the trip and after three wine tastings, I had to sober up and ride home in the slightly chilly evening. I think we did about 400 miles. Then on Saturday, I did about 150 miles on my PCX150 with a scooter buddy through Angeles Crest and hit about 5000 feet where it was indeed cold. Sunday, it was back on the NC700X as a good friend of mine rented another NC700X to test drive. He wanted to compare the DCT to the Standard so we switched back and forth for about 200 miles. We rode PCH, Malibu Canyon and Santa Monica mountains and canyons, Mulholland Dr. as well as other canyon routes. Crazy windy day, but was great fun comparing the transmissions. I'm just waiting for Friday when my Denali LED lights, Givi Crash bars, Barkbuster Storm hand guards, MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield and lastly, Kaoko Throttle Lock arrive. Oh, and I got the LED brake lights for my Givi Tech Case. Merry Christmas to me! :). I invited neighbor Jay Fridays (from this group) to come along on his NC, but he had football plans. Can't wait to install my farklefun. I'll post the results on another thread. Next item is a seat. Scratching my head between Shad, Seat Concepts, Corbin or???? Cheers everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
PS... that's not me in the pics!

Photo Dec 27, 10 40 37 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 29, 11 21 02 AM.jpgPhoto Dec 29, 11 25 00 AM.jpg

Welcome aboard, TechFrog :D

Say hello to JayF for us if you talk to him again, he's been a bit scarce from the board for awhile :)

Welcome to the board and don't rule out a Bill Mayer Saddles when looking at seat. I have one and it works great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back