• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good day for a ride I enjoyed riding with and meeting sergeantChuck. I took him on some of my favorite roads that I have found in the Ozarks so far. Don’t let him fool you about the brisk pace. He has the smallest chicken strips I have seen. We need to do that again. Maybe we can get oldjeff to come up from Little Rock. Next time we need to stop in Jasper and try the place that has buffalo and elk burgers.

It was a good day for a ride I enjoyed riding with and meeting sergeantChuck. I took him on some of my favorite roads that I have found in the Ozarks so far. Don’t let him fool you about the brisk pace. He has the smallest chicken strips I have seen. We need to do that again. Maybe we can get oldjeff to come up from Little Rock. Next time we need to stop in Jasper and try the place that has buffalo and elk burgers.

Awesome! Good to hear you guys got together for a great ride! I'm definitely up for a NCX group ride, just give me a couple days notice :)

A thread that gets bumped every day or so does not need to be sticky. What I got sticky today was my Beemer Paws on some good BBQ ribs at a little place near the Tallulah Gorge in NE Georgia...

DSC03233.jpg

The Great Wallenda tightroped the gorge once. It is 800 feet deep and gosh knows across. This is the point where he did it...

DSC03235.jpg

Just a touch of briskness in the air. A glorious day for putzing around the backroads on a calm but capable motorcycle.

After 540 miles, I went ahead and change the oil and filter. The filter was a pain and had to use the screwdriver. I took a short ride to Pasadena. Thank you n30r3l0ad3d
DSC_5525.jpg

Left the house at daybreak yesterday. Mid 50s and sunny, what a glorious day! Got a bit chilled on the ride and that got me to thinking about Chili. Hit the store for the fixings and everything fit neatly into the new rear trunk. Rolled to the house, whupped up a gallon of tasty chili and watched some great college football! Chili, beer, a good ride and football, now that's living!

Stopped to help a school-age boy with a flat bicycle tire. He was pushing his bike uphill toward the library that's out in the desert near here (it's a beautiful place). It's about 105 out, and he had about a mile, maybe a bit more, to go. So I stopped, talked to him a moment, went to the library where his mom supposedly was to let them know, and then brought a small tire pump and a bottle of water for him.

He was, probably rightly, wary of me because we don't know one another. Nevertheless, the NCX and I helped out. It was our good deed for the day! :)

Stopped to help a school-age boy with a flat bicycle tire. He was pushing his bike uphill toward the library that's out in the desert near here (it's a beautiful place). It's about 105 out, and he had about a mile, maybe a bit more, to go. So I stopped, talked to him a moment, went to the library where his mom supposedly was to let them know, and then brought a small tire pump and a bottle of water for him.

He was, probably rightly, wary of me because we don't know one another. Nevertheless, the NCX and I helped out. It was our good deed for the day! :)

yup... you meet the nicest people on a Honda!!!

I rode to Blackforrest today. It was hell of a windy day. All the time I was reliving that youtube when the NCX went down on the curve.

All I wanted to do was to get back my tax refunds (we can shop there and get back 10-19%).
We shop there for food and groceries once a while.

I had a backpack and just my topcase. I did not even use the Frunk.

I bought:
4 bottles shampoo (750ml each)
4 bottles of toilet duck (750ml each)
2 boxes of hamster food (bible size each)
12 tubes of toothpaste
2 bottles of dishwashing liquid (1L each)
Fish oil tablets (bible size)
2 cans of insecticide spray
Various small packs of stuff (makes up say 3 bibles)

My wife asked me what I bought and I told her. And then I also told her I rode instead of drove there.
Her eyes were wide open.
:p
Total cost = 69 euros. Savings = 70chf (compared to swiss prices).
Total distance covered = 80km = ~5chf fuel cost.

Last edited:
On my way to work this morning I got stuck behind someone that was driving under the speed limit. I could not pass them because there was to much oncoming traffic. I'm not saying I like to speed, much, but I do like to drive at least 5mph over the speed limit. ;)

I rode my bike to the doctor's office, the one who told me not to ride! He bragged how he was making me so much better? Quack, Quack!
Live to Ride, Ride to Live

Today I went on about a 120 mile ride, all by myself to "get away," some of which were on roads like this:
hopland1751.jpg

Then took a picture of the actual bike in action to prove I was really there, lol:
hopland1753.jpg

That was Highway 175 in Northern California. It goes from Lakeport to Hopland. A nice little piece of roadway.

vat!! ya went all by yaself? what did mammy say when you got back home??

looks a nice ride,jealous as F**k I stuck in ma shed working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back