• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick trip up to Big Bear Lake, CA

Had to make a quick trip up to Big Bear today. About 250 miles round trip including some roaming around on forest roads.

20131026_170620.jpg

Big Bear has a pretty good Oktoberfest, which my wife and I attended last weekend. Some close friends work the event and I stopped by to chat for a minute. These young ladies are more photogenic than my friends and were kind enough to pose for a photo in their dirndl outfits.
20131026_144918.jpg

The lake is great for fishing and boating, but the boat ramps will close for the winter soon.
20131026_145341.jpg

I'll post more off road pictures from this ride in the 'Lets see your NC offroad' thread. This is a view of San Gorgornio taken from forest road 2N10 just behind the top of the Snow Summit ski resort.
IMG_0760.jpg

Sunset over Los Angeles on they way home on Highway 330.
20131026_174953.jpg

Went for a ~300 mile ride to meet some folks for breakfast, and rolled over 15k on the way there:

Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr

Came home and changed the oil, used Honda HP4S -- I've always been a cheapskate on oil and used Rotella pretty exclusively, but my dealer sent a $25 gift card for my one year anniversary of buying so I figured I'd splurge. I have to admit... it does feel smoother shifting.

Sent in the Rotella T6 I drained to Blackstone for a used oil analysis -- I'll be sure to share what they had to say when I get the results back.

I was bummed out because I've had a few 'bad' tanks for MPG with the colder weather, some kind of demonic recurring headwind, and higher speed highway trips.... but then I remembered it's all about perspective. These 'bad' ~55-65 MPG tanks would've most likely had me at 35-45 MPG on my Bandit :p

trey

Commuted home from work. Had to work through the weekend, so commuting is the closest thing to recreational riding I've been able to do for a hot minute! I thought to myself last night on the way in "man... I shouldn't have decided to live only ten miles from work, I don't get to spend nearly enough time riding!"

Here's another awesome sunrise though - one of the benefits to working nights is heading home on gorgeous mornings like this one.
ryvetamy.jpg

Went for a run in the hills - winter is starting to close in. This may be the last trip on some of these roads until the Spring

DSCN0431.jpgDSCN0434.jpgDSCN0435.jpg

Took my NC out for a quick ride to fill up the gas tank before putting her away for the winter. Was only 2 degress celsius outside so while leaving home almost lost her on the second curve since I guess tires and asphalt were cold and had no grip so when I turned and I just felt the back wheel slide from under me. Luckily was able to bring her back but got a little scare for the final ride of the year!!

Went riding in 75f weather yesterday. Bike riding weather finally activated in FLA :)

Yeah, it's now down in the 70's and 80's here in southern Arizona during the day. Why, some nights it's even getting clear down into the high 50's.

Riding during the day now isn't the experience that full on summer riding usually is for us Tucson folks. Thank heaven.

[video=youtube;UA8EebUOBKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8EebUOBKU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Hope this embed works. This is the video of my new Danmoto exhaust. I apologize for the shaky video (it is what it is...a handheld phone video:p) I'm very happy with it. It's not too loud, but I can at least hear it when I have my earplugs in. It couldn't have been easier to install...literally a two bolt job. Hope you enjoy!

for 30 min the world stoped today.fill up tank and like always reset trip A.it would not reset.short ride home spent 30 min trying to figure out why.still no go.called Honda ended up making apt for fri.then I had a thought,look at the dust covered owners manual.its the B button that reset not the A,i have done the reset over 50 times.just one of those days.my wife says,so the world can spin again how nice lol.

for 30 min the world stoped today.fill up tank and like always reset trip A.it would not reset.short ride home spent 30 min trying to figure out why.still no go.called Honda ended up making apt for fri.then I had a thought,look at the dust covered owners manual.its the B button that reset not the A,i have done the reset over 50 times.just one of those days.my wife says,so the world can spin again how nice lol.

I have no idea why, but having done it once or twice, I can only shrug my shoulders and roll my eyes at myself too, lol.

Like when you are halfway to the fridge with the kettle, or about to put the milk in the cupboard before you catch yourself and go WTF? :eek:

Take a deep breathe. Let it out. ;)

Got a speeding ticket, 48 in a 30:mad:

Ouch. Sorry. I have noticed some sheriffs hanging out on my country road route lately. Lots of people take it instead of fighting the interstate and they do fly down it. I've had to be extra careful lately. It is pretty easy to get this bike up to 60mph without realizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back