• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy couple of days as my NC700X went through some major changes.

Honda top case and saddlebags, centerstand, Honda tall windshield, LeoVince full exhaust, battery tender pigtail, USB port w/ switch, Gerbing plug, Garmin mount, and tank bag. And through all that, I only ended up with one extra plastic rivet. I'll figure out where I left that off eventually.

Thanks to forum tips for the centerstand install. I ended up installing the springs first then aligning to slide the shaft into place. And thanks again for the saddlebag and top case install. I'm glad cutting is no longer required for the 2013 model, but I still ended up taking the rear cowl off before I realized why the instructions had be take it off. :eek:

The LeoVince exhaust was a breeze and everything aligned perfectly the first time. Bike now sounds great without being too loud or annoying.

I used the 3BR Powersports USB since I've used it on 3 previous bikes and it can charge all Apple devices. From experience, I now put a switch to cut the power when not in use since it had drained my battery before. I installed a simple rocker on the front side of the frunk where it's easily accessible, but hard to see if you're not looking for it.

The tank bag probably took the most time since I first had to figure out what I was going to do. I had the SW-Motech quick lock system that I had installed on a Joe Rocket Manta, but with no gas cap, there was nothing to install it on. I tried 3M extreme double sided tape, but the heat here in Florida just ended up making that tacky and not so secure. I then considered drilling holes on the frunk cover, but my father-in-law thankfully talked me out of it. I eventually found Quididaho's post about what he did and I ended up doing something similar except I used the screws on the frunk that held the latch in place.

Thanks again to all the members of this forum for their contributions to all kinds of topics.

That's it for now. I'm going to go ride!

-Pedro

Attachments

• P1130282.jpg
    P1130282.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 205
  • P1130284.jpg
    P1130284.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 255
  • P1130289.jpg
    P1130289.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 208
  • P1130286.jpg
    P1130286.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 202
  • P1130287.jpg
    P1130287.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 205
  • P1130296.jpg
    P1130296.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 208
  • P1130291.jpg
    P1130291.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 241
  • P1130294.jpg
    P1130294.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 213
Chased a flock of turkey. Kind of hard to see. They fly up from the road and off to the left.

[video=youtube_share;4DPeOUemYL4]http://youtu.be/4DPeOUemYL4[/video]

Rode up to Walnut Ridge yesterday to watch my nephew play baseball for the first time as a freshman at Williams Baptist college. The ride up was a bit chilly, but it didn't slow me down much, Hwy 5 isn't too technical, but it sure is a pretty ride.

Got lost north of Batesville :D found some nice roads and still made it to the game on time. My nephew did pretty good, got a RBI on .333 batting and a beautiful play from 3rd to home after stealing 2nd and 3rd. That kid is quick!

The ride home was tough with one hella wind out of the west that was beating me to death as I rode south back to Little Rock on 67/167. I was concentrating so much on the wind that I didn't notice that the gas gauge was dropping like a stone until it was blinking red. Stopped at the next exit and got my phone out and started doing the math on where I could get gas before my NCX ran dry. Limped into Tuckerman doing 45 in 6th :) and filled up with 3.4 gallons, closest I've ever been to empty. Got just over a 100 miles out of that last tank up, worst milage ever.

Watch those head winds and make adjustments to your schedule, trust me. I hope I've learned that lesson :)

Went up the 33 a ways, through some tunnels
P1010950.jpg
and twisties
P1010955.jpg
33.JPG
I couldn't resist this squiggly road. All told about 100 miles. Last ride before the rally next Saturday, had to up my game a little. Still not where I want to be with stamina, but I've got up to 8 hours to do 150 miles, should be manageable.

Today, my wife, her sister, and I rode up into Madera Canyon, about 25 miles south of Tucson. My wife and her sister went in our car, and I rode my NCX. We hiked along Madera Creek aways, and then had a little picnic lunch of soup, cold cut subs from Subway, chips, mocha, tea, and water. We all visited a little bit in the trees, It was just the right temperature up in the canyon this morning - not like the 95 + (F) in Tucson still. Then time to leave.

Since our monsoon season just ended, Madera Creek was still flowing (barely - it's down to the babbling brook stage right now). It's always nice to see actual flowing water in southern Arizona. And trees - real trees that are higher than I am! Anyway, here's a few pix of the ride in the canyon - going both ways.

Going up the canyon, twisties ahead.
I1 - Going up the canyon.jpg

Real TREES!
I2 - Real Trees.jpg

There are several one lane bridges both in the canyon and out in the surrounding ranch land
I3 - Several one lane bridges in the canyon.jpg

This is the highest paved spot on the Madera Canyon road - something like 5400 feet.
I4 - Highest paved spot in the canyon, about 5400 ft.jpg

On the way back out, I got a better picture of one of the one lane bridges - this time the sun was at my back, making for a clearer shot.
o1 - Another one lane  bridge.jpg

There are several cottages in the canyon, including at least one inn and a Bed and Breakfast.
O2 - several cottages, Inns, B n B's in the canyon.jpg

A popular spot for birders, hikers, and picnickers.
O3 - popular spot for birders, hikers, and picnickers'.jpg

The hillside up on the left caught my eye, since its covered with yellow flowers.
O4 - hillside on the left covered with yellow flowers.jpg

Riding buddy and I rode out to Hwy 4 in the foothills and met up with Larry who we met at the HU rally, we rode that east until it ends, then took 89 / 88 / 89 to S Lake Tahoe and had lunch. We went back to 88 and headed west, turned off on Mormon Immigrant Gap Trail ( a nice road, not a trail these days ) back to Hwy 50 and headed home. I got about 370 miles on the ride, we all started from different places but I think mine ride was the longest by 20 - 30 miles. The padded "shorts" I got helped quite a bit, but a trip to Corbin may still be coming. No pics but I did get about 90 mins of video, if I figure out how to put it all together and get it on Youtube I'll link it in a videos thread.

You need to give us a report on the StayinSafe course.

We spent two days on the roads of southern Wisconsin with a Division of employees from The Motor Company. Great group of students and superb weather. Nice change of scenery there, and along my travels going and coming from north GA. For more about StayinSafe advanced rider training, check out www.stayinsafe.com
2umuquga.jpg

The NC700X has left the building!

My NC700X is now in a trailer headed to southern California. I hope my daughter will find the X more to her liking than I did. She primary plans to use it for commuting, so it is more suited to her lifestyle. I'm not sure if she will join this forum, but I will definitely mention it to her. Since I no longer have any experience to add to this forum, or need for your collective knowledge (unless my daughter asks me), I will probably not be visiting here often. I hope you all enjoy your bikes. :)

If you see an "old man" on a yellow CBR600F4 riding the back roads of northern Virginia, wave, it may be me!

My NC700X is now in a trailer headed to southern California. I hope my daughter will find the X more to her liking than I did. She primary plans to use it for commuting, so it is more suited to her lifestyle. I'm not sure if she will join this forum, but I will definitely mention it to her. Since I no longer have any experience to add to this forum, or need for your collective knowledge (unless my daughter asks me), I will probably not be visiting here often. I hope you all enjoy your bikes. :)

If you see an "old man" on a yellow CBR600F4 riding the back roads of northern Virginia, wave, it may be me!

Can't fault you. Hope your daughter likes it. Enjoy the VA backroads.

My NC700X is now in a trailer headed to southern California. I hope my daughter will find the X more to her liking than I did.

Sorry to hear that your experience with the NC700X was not to your liking. Different strokes for different folks as they always say. :(

I hope that your daughter will come to "Love" the bike and embrace what it has to offer her. Who knows, I might be seeing her on many of California's roadways in the future.

Did a over 350 mile round-trip ride on Saturday 10/11/14 from the San Fernando Valley up to Lake Isabella with a group of friends, see route below. No other NC700X's on this ride though. There was a total of 7 riders, two of which were not on Hondas.

LIR.JPG

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

My phone died nearly halfway through the ride, my GPS App drained the battery faster than expected. Also damaging my charging cable did not help either. Not too many pics from me to share. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back