• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard of anything like that but that doesn't mean there isn't. There may be a lot of things to take pictures of in the US but it's not the same. I lived in Italy for four years and travel throughout Europe. I intentionally hunted Castles. We just don't have stuff like that in the US.

I think that's an awesome idea. If I were organizing it, I would probably want to confine it to individual states or at the most regions of the country. I know that there would be folks who would insist that it be a national event, but I wouldn't be interested. To hit 24 national landmarks in one year in the US would take stacks of money and time that the majority of folks don't have. I love the idea for Ireland. Being roughly the same size as South Carolina (if my math is correct), the target landmarks would be close enough to hit in either a weekend or even a one day run if you were so inclined. In fact, it's somewhat similar to the NC Tag thread. Of course winning the Irish Photo Rally might not carry the same prestige as being the person who chooses the next Tag picture, but... ;)

Fuzzy just posted something cool he was doing along these lines, the other day. :)

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/touring-traveling/5613-grand-tour-georgia.html

If you go to the parent site of Grand Tour of Georgia, Team Strange, you can find some other challenges anyone can participate in. TeamStrange World HQ or Memory Lane Grand Tours

For example the presidents tour you get points for going to towns named after presidents. So if I went to Lincolnton, GA I could get a point for the town and a point for the county named Lincoln.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=47.13...8.811808&spn=0.032999,0.063601&num=1&t=h&z=14

20140320_122544_zps7812103e.jpg

Took the backroads through Ramona out to Borrego Springs, got a carne asada burrito for lunch, and rode back home over the mountains through Julian -- 140 miles. Very little traffic the whole time!

Pics are a 200km stretch down the west coast of the south island NZ. From fox glacier to Wanaka..
There's lots of brilliant white stones people collect and build little things or spell things on the beach, not sure what that lot said sorry. Its a tourist thing to do I guess.

Played up in the mountains today on the NC. On my way up on a forest road I laid down the bike for the first time. I was traveling slow through a rough pot hole section so I only ended up with a couple scratches on the engine guard and Givi case and a broken brush guard. My brush guard hit the hardest and will need a little work, but all in all everything will be easy to fix. Getting ready for the WABDR this summer!

13316461513_eaa367288e_k.jpg

13316301985_59d5a4c0ec_k.jpg

High today was 82 (F). I went for a ride north from Tucson to Florence, AZ through the desert. A lot of desert shrubs plus a saguaro cactus rising in the background. Several kinds of wild flowers were out and blooming, too. Despite the nice weather, that's a thermos of hot mocha on the picnic table.

IMG_1863.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back