• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I do today? I took my bike (Skookum) for our first commute. 60 miles round trip. We avoided the freeway and found a great route using backroads all the way into our place of business. It took about 15 minutes longer than the freeway but, what the heck, that means more riding time!

The biggest surprise is the challenge of clothing. Cold and damp in the morning meant wearing all my layers and armor. Coming home in 70 degree weather would have been better without all the insulation. What do you do with your cold weather gear after it warms up?
>Thom

Nearly ran over a dog. Traveling 60 - 65 mph on back road following a car early morning. Car passed dog on side of road that paid it little attention. As I go to it the dog started running parallel to the road. Should have been smarter and slowed down because just as I got close the dog decided he wanted to be on the left side of the road. Luckily I was able to brake enough to just miss him. Medium sized dog and it wouldn't have been pretty for either of us.

What did I do today? I took my bike (Skookum) for our first commute. 60 miles round trip. We avoided the freeway and found a great route using backroads all the way into our place of business. It took about 15 minutes longer than the freeway but, what the heck, that means more riding time!

The biggest surprise is the challenge of clothing. Cold and damp in the morning meant wearing all my layers and armor. Coming home in 70 degree weather would have been better without all the insulation. What do you do with your cold weather gear after it warms up?
>Thom

A cheap fix and handy for many other things is a dry bag. They cost from $10-$20 depending on size. I use one a lot and I have the Givi Trekker sides and top. When I don't need all the storage the Givi provide I just use the dry bag. My frunk has a 15 liter dry bag in it for the just in case. It rolls up to the size of a coke can, cost $10 at Academy. I use Rox straps to secure it. That makes it easy off and on for fueling and stays secure.

You can get high quality, low cost dry bags at hunting stores, like Cabelas. I used to put my thermo rest into one, let it uncoil and then stuff sleeping bag etc into the hole in the middle. Strapped it on the seat. Made a great backrest.

So, last week I went in to see about getting my full MC license. Unfortunately, there was no record of my completing the MSF course, so I made a couple calls and they told me to wait a few more days (the paperwork, in all govt efficiency, is entered by only one employee...). I went back in today and voila! I am now a fully licensed motorcycle pilot! I realilze this isnt exactly something TO my NC, so I will be washing her tonight and applying a couple decals.

So, last week I went in to see about getting my full MC license. Unfortunately, there was no record of my completing the MSF course, so I made a couple calls and they told me to wait a few more days (the paperwork, in all govt efficiency, is entered by only one employee...). I went back in today and voila! I am now a fully licensed motorcycle pilot! I realilze this isnt exactly something TO my NC, so I will be washing her tonight and applying a couple decals.

Thread is "do" or "with". Definitely affects your "with" going forward. Congratulations [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the Washington motorcycle skills and written tests last Saturday and got my endorsement added to my license on Tuesday. Like you, I am now a fully LEGAL motorcycle rider!! 264 miles on Skookum now. I am loving this bike.
>T

stickers.jpg

In order to get things ready for this weekend, I wanted to give Raven a quick wash and get a couple more stickers on her. It does not take long to give her a good wash. In fact, drying takes longer (this time I used a towel, not wind). I got done, got the stickers on and now it is starting to really look personal. They are both from ADVRider.com and the guy on the bike is on both sides in the same place. I wanted to put him on the front fairings, but the only place he would fit is where I am saving for my Dragon decals I will get in a couple weeks. Tomorrow I get everything packed up. Can’t wait for Saturday morning and to get out of town!

We need an NC700-forum.com set of decals... Are there any designers?

stickers.jpg

In order to get things ready for this weekend, I wanted to give Raven a quick wash and get a couple more stickers on her. It does not take long to give her a good wash. In fact, drying takes longer (this time I used a towel, not wind). I got done, got the stickers on and now it is starting to really look personal. They are both from ADVRider.com and the guy on the bike is on both sides in the same place. I wanted to put him on the front fairings, but the only place he would fit is where I am saving for my Dragon decals I will get in a couple weeks. Tomorrow I get everything packed up. Can’t wait for Saturday morning and to get out of town!

We need an NC700-forum.com set of decals... Are there any designers?
Ok, what are you packing up. We are having a one-night lay over at Red River Gorge at the hostel. One change of clothes and toothbrush/toothpaste is all the extra I am taking (rain gear is in the frunk at all times) and some tools are in the trunk (along with air compressor). I may even take off my side bags since I don't need them this weekend. :). just ribbing you :) See ya Saturday morning.
On a side note, anyone coming from out of the Ohio River Valley and have allergies, bring your allergy medicine-tree pollen is at its worst right now, especially, red oak and maple pollen.

Hmm, snacks, could be a good idea... Yesterday evening I waxed the bike and cleaned the swing arm, wheel rims, etc.... this evening I am going to spray my chain and tighten it ever so slightly-about a quarter of a turn on each chain adjustor.

Received my Madstad last night and installed....currently charging my Scalarider and then it's off to test and adjust, repeat....also cleaned her up and serviced the chain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back