• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode my NC to The Barn restaurant in Pawlet, VT (about 95 miles) for probably the last MC club breakfast of the year that I can reach on a bike. It was in the low 40's when I left my house in Montpelier at 0700 with a light misting rain. Thank goodness for my Gerbings electric jacket and glove liners. When I left the house I forgot to stick a pair of toe warmers to the underside of my socks so by the time I got there my toes were quite numb. The best thing about today was I had the roads pretty much to myself. It is stick season here, the leaves are gone off of the trees, no leaf peepers or tourists.

Went to the SoCal Norton Owners Club Hansen Dam Ride on 11/1/15. Did the 83 mile loop into the Angeles Forrest with a couple of buddies.

HansenDamRideRoute.jpg

IMG_5038[1].jpg

IMG_5040[1].jpg

Prefect day, weather, route and scenery... :eek:

Last edited:
We're quickly approaching the end of the peak riding season here in Northern Colorado. We've enjoyed a warmer than normal Fall season, but it looks like the snow is coming within the next week. I'm a wussy fair weather rider so I probably won't get out much for the next 4-5 months.

I took what will probably be one of my last 60+ mile rides this past weekend. I rode up US34 through the Thompson Canyon to Estes Park on Saturday. I continued on through town and into Rocky Mountain National Park towards Trail Ridge Road. Trail Ridge closed for the season due to snow about 2 weeks ago, but it was open up to a point called Many Peaks Curve. It's still a nice mountain ride, so I did it.

Road%20Closed.jpg

From there, I headed back down the hill and took the turn on East Hwy 34 that turns into the lower portion of Fall River Road. This is the road that passes just in front of the Stanley Hotel on the north side of Estes Park. The Stanley is where part of The Shining was filmed--big white hotel [with a great Mother's Day Brunch, btw].

During the non-snowy months, you can take Fall River Road up the backside of Trail Ridge Road to arrive at the Alpine Visitor's Center near the top of Trail Ridge. It's a narrow, one-way road with a bunch of switchbacks so you either have to continue westward on Trail Ridge towards Grand Lake or come back down on Trail Ridge towards Estes. In any case, here's my bike near the beginning of the one-way portion of Fall River Road.

Fall%20River.jpg

The weather is changing and the snow is coming. I stopped alongside the edge of the road long enough to take this pic of the weather rolling into town. It was wicked windy the whole day.

Snow%20Coming.jpg

I'm planning to mount my GoPro camera during the winter months because I think you flatlander Georgia and Florida guys might enjoy a few videos of riding the Big Thompson Canyon. I can be making turns within less than 10 minutes of leaving my house.

Last edited:
This is the road in Borden Indiana which goes by the School system. Something like 50 curves in 3 miles-a few miles from my house.
https://youtu.be/iU1QLb9C_s4

I had to run into Henryville Indiana to get gas on my way home from riding the long way home from work (see videos above)
The video is Hwy 160 west from h-ville to my house.
https://youtu.be/tnRzpBZOh8c

Last edited:
Finally installed my Cycle Gear LED headlight. It's nice and bright though a pain to install without removing anything. Thanks to those members who pioneered the LED headlight before me.

Ordered a VStream 18.5" windscreen to help keep the wind off this winter. There is an ebay seller that has them for $180 and free shipping if anyone else is looking. This is the cheapest I've ever seen them new.

Finally rode down and picked a radio knob I had to order to use for my frunk key mod, I've looked and looked but I can't find the gold in this little $10 plastic knob.

Today was a fantastic warm (60+ degree) mid-November day here in Northern Colorado. I've got tons of paperwork and domestic chores to do at home, but I blew it all off and did the 2 things I most enjoy…

withMM1.jpg

I had planned to end the day by going to the gun range for the perfect trifecta, but I figure I really *should* do *something* productive today! I'll have plenty of time to do the "inside" stuff within the next week as I'm told we can expect snow within the next few days.

The plane is a Midget Mustang, btw. It's an all-metal homebuilt airplane. It uses a 100hp engine and can achieve cruising speeds right around 175mph without working at it too hard. It's not a big airplane. Empty weight (without fuel or me) is about 700 pounds.

Yesterday I let the dealer do my 8000 mile valve service. No adjustments needed.
Last night while riding I smelled oil, looked down at my wet boot and bike. Stopped to check it out, and found the vent tube on the valve cover was off. At least it was clean oil.
Need to talk to the dealer on Tuesday.

Yesterday I let the dealer do my 8000 mile valve service. No adjustments needed.
Last night while riding I smelled oil, looked down at my wet boot and bike. Stopped to check it out, and found the vent tube on the valve cover was off. At least it was clean oil.
Need to talk to the dealer on Tuesday.

Give it a good look and see what else is wrong. Look for a fan wire disconnected, screws missing or in the wrong place, hose clamps loose, radiator overflow tube off, or all of the above. Check the coolant level. Also check the cap on the left engine case where the crankshaft is accessed.

This story is all too common, and it's why my machines never go to dealers for service.

I had planned to end the day by going to the gun range for the perfect trifecta, but I figure I really *should* do *something* productive today! I'll have plenty of time to do the "inside" stuff within the next week as I'm told we can expect snow within the next few days.

Going to the range would have been a productive use of time. Shooting is a diminishing skill, so you have to keep practicing to keep sharp. It is irresponsible to own a firearm and not be able to fire it productively.

And way too cool a plane. You could almost trailer it on the bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back