• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016 NC700X Windscreen options...

Hank, does this prevent you from turning properly or it's not that bad?

My 20" screen hits my Givi handguards, but only at full lock and with the screen in its lowest position...the guards just give a bit. No safety issue. If you look closely, you can see the rub mark in the crease of the handguard.

Attachments

• IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 462
Maybe put some inexpensive 30mm bar risers on, and the bars will probably set back far enough that the hand guards won't hit the screen.

Today I called and ordered a 20" Madstad windscreen for my 2016 NC700X. Jerry was very nice on the phone. He said clear was no longer available due to the edge light issue, so I ordered light grey. I asked about the 20" screen hitting mirror stalk at full lock issue, and he said a recent 1/8" width cut-down mod fixed it.

Got a surprise 10% discount too. Woot!

Today I called and ordered a 20" Madstad windscreen for my 2016 NC700X. Jerry was very nice on the phone. He said clear was no longer available due to the edge light issue, so I ordered light grey. I asked about the 20" screen hitting mirror stalk at full lock issue, and he said a recent 1/8" width cut-down mod fixed it.

Seriously? You can't buy a clear windshield from them? That makes no sense to me at all.

The screen on my bike a few messages above is the light gray - it is plenty clear enough.

Seriously? You can't buy a clear windshield from them? That makes no sense to me at all.

Greg, I'm just guessing, but it may be a liability decision. Jerry described the clear shield's headlight-caused edge glow as fairly distracting to the rider at night. (I also watched a YouTube video showing it, just after installation of a Madstad.)

Greg, I'm just guessing, but it may be a liability decision. Jerry described the clear shield's headlight-caused edge glow as fairly distracting to the rider at night. (I also watched a YouTube video showing it, just after installation of a Madstad.)

Well it's a shame that Madstad won't address the problem in a better way by masking out the backside of the bottom with black, like so many other manufacturers and OEMs do. Here is an example of a Givi:

IMG_0088.jpg

Can anyone tell me how the winglets for the Madstad are fixed to the 2016 bike (to the fairing, or the screen or the handlebars?) Also I have been right through this thread and can't see whether anyone has used this screen with the OEM Honda handguards for the 2016 bike
Thanks
Mike

Aaaargh!!! Called and spoke to Jerry a couple weeks ago. Ordered a 20" medium grey for a 2016, but asked that they delay shipping for a week as I'd be out of the country. No problem! Item arrived 2 days after we returned, perfect. Had lined up a bunch of bike projects for today. Back of my mind on Wednesday was that I should check and confirm that I got the 2016 brackets, even though my email receipt clearly states 2016. Forgot to do that and now I'm paying the price. Reviewing the install sheet and somewhere in my subconscious I recall seeing someone on this forum post a picture of the front page of their instructions and it actually mentioned 2016 on it. Come back online to try and figure out what I have. Mine does not mention 2016 :( I had already determined that they had mixed the contents of the green and black bags of parts, no real biggie. But now it's irrelevant, at least for right now, as I have figured out that I do indeed have a pre-2016 installation kit.

Tried calling but it looks like M-F only! This is not the first time they've goofed this up. Re-reading through this very thread shows at least two others had the exact same problem. Their S&H people need to get it together. It costs them $$ to have to ship the stuff multiple times, including returns. That's hard money for a small shop. From what I can tell on the Internet it shouldn't cost them soft money or much more as their engineering department at least has designed and built products that will keep bringing in new and repeat customers. I hope Jerry/customer service can get this sorted out ASAP, and maybe even pass along to S&H the need to bring a little more focus to what products they're actually packing! </Rant Over>

Now on to the rest of my bike projects for today, hopefully without any further issues!

Mike- the 2016 setup has the winglet support brackets attach under the windscreen brackets. For those worried about getting the proper brackets for the 2016/later bikes, the pre-2016 brackets use 'nut plates' behind the bike's screen mounting points, but the post 2016 just has individual nylock nuts.
Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2102.jpg
    IMG_2102.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2104.jpg
    IMG_2104.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 336
Just got my Madstad screen but when my husband put the winglets on, the one on the brake lever side pushed the brake lever in at least at inch at full lock...does anyone else have this issue?

Yes, just posted on the other thread. With the 2016 model I believe risers are needed to be able to install the deflectors so that hand guards etc. clear them.

You may need to attach the winglets what looks like upside down, with the longer part pointed down. I first attached mine on a 2017 with the long part up and they would ht the brake lever at full lock. Turned them 180 and they miss the brake lever.

Back