• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a ride along the Olympic Peninsula. Beautiful day. Got a chance to get a few miles on the Shad comfort seat (nice improvement), and the first ride with my new slip on (love it).

Saw a couple totem poles at two city parks along the way:

p2.jpgp3.jpg

Found a cool old cabin that is being preserved by a local township:

p4.jpg

Parked on the way home to switch to my warm weather gloves in the frunk as it warmed up. Saw my bike framed by our state "flower" - the Rhododendron - and couldn't resist a shot.

p1.jpg

Awesome morning ride - love my NC.

Rode 105 miles to a large Honda dealer that was having an open house and test ride a VRF1200X!

Very nice bike with a whole ton of power but it felt very heavy at low speed hand the high center of gravity wasn't to my likely. Plus no frunk!

Took the long way home in love with my NCX even more.

a69278a6c24b710d2eafee5ac3a5a936.jpg

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Bunch of us will be in Stecoah later that week. I hope to be there Wed. The 18th. Kickstand Motorcycle lodge on hwy28. Drop by if you are still in the area.

Bunch of us will be in Stecoah later that week. I hope to be there Wed. The 18th. Kickstand Motorcycle lodge on hwy28. Drop by if you are still in the area.

Unfortunately, I'm not spending much time down there, it's a been there done that kind of thing this trip. Only reason I'm hitting that area is because the wife has never been on it and really wants too. I'd love to meet up with people again, maybe a fall get together near me during leaf peeping season. I live about 15 miles from the north entrance to skyline drive.

Unfortunately, I'm not spending much time down there, it's a been there done that kind of thing this trip. Only reason I'm hitting that area is because the wife has never been on it and really wants too. I'd love to meet up with people again, maybe a fall get together near me during leaf peeping season. I live about 15 miles from the north entrance to skyline drive.

I've been going up there for seven years now, I spend my time exploring and I leave the Dragon for the squids.

Took a fall trip to Willville campground in Meadows of Dan, Va. I hope to make it an annual event.

Exploring is half the fun, lots of good roads in the area.

Meadows of Dan is about 3.5 hrs away from me, only thing I have to watch out for is the wife's birthday is in Oct, but even then she would tag along.

Exploring is half the fun, lots of good roads in the area.

Meadows of Dan is about 3.5 hrs away from me, only thing I have to watch out for is the wife's birthday is in Oct, but even then she would tag along.

Yeah, my grandson's birthday is the 5th of Oct. Wife's is the 20th...have to squeeze in the middle someplace.

weather was very nice yesterday as usual we avoided most of the bikers rout/coppers are every where.lol
we did a 147 mile run ,beautiful scenery pictures doesn't do it justice.
DSC03261.jpgDSC03262.jpgDSC03263.jpgDSC03264.jpg

petrol consumption was borderline ridiculous ...88 mpg!
I put roughly 7.5 ltrs. I wont know for sure till I fill up next time but according the fuel gauge I've still got half tank in .

This was the 2nd annual trip from Louisville, KY to Red River Gorge and Natural Bridge state parks in eastern KY. I started it as a way to get out of Louisville during the Kentucky Derby and miss all the crowds and issues that come with an extra few hundred thousand people partying all over the city.

The ride in took about 5 hours and we saw some great roads, including a revisit to KY607 which is like a little Tail of the Dragon. Not as technical, but a lot of fun and very quiet in regards to traffic.

We stayed in Natural Bridge state park at a cabin one of the guys riding had rented out. Rode all day, ate, grabbed beer, went to the cabin and relaxed. It has a hot tub and pool table, and we had a great time.

With Sunday being Mother’s Day, I had to be back in town by 2PM, so the ride home consisted of a long boring ride on the interstate. 2 hours is all it took, but I was more tired after that ride than I was after riding the 5 hours on the twisties.

All in all, a fun and successful weekend. Already thinking ahead for the ride next year.

Heading down towards the Gorge on US213
20160507_174927433_ios.jpg

The view from the deck at the cabin we stayed at.
20160507_202758162_ios.jpg

Gearing up to head out, hoping to beat the rain. Got about 10 minutes of drizzle, then dry all the way home.
20160508_151614890_ios.jpg

Raven, all ready to head home.
20160508_151626212_ios.jpg

So you got it sprayed then.

yes I did Griff and got quite few likes while out.
one guy even said its better than Honda's boring colour.lol

DSC03266.jpg

the colour green stand out better in this picture.
also did you notice that I polish the exhaust,it came out rather nice.
it was starting to look grubby and had heat stains etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back