• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to town to get some Pokeballs.
As I was riding up a one way street a black SUV turned the wrong way and probably would have hit me if I had not moved over to the right.

I honked and a guy I have never seen before stopped, opened and his door and shouted "What?" in an angry tone. ( small town , I know most but not all of the police, and we have a bunch of federal officers because of the tribal presence.)

I said, "this is a one way street."
He started yelling at me that he was a police officer on his way to a call, etc.
No markings or lights on the car, he was not in uniform and had a beard.

I just said, "ok, be safe" and rode off, but I was a little shaken at how angry and unprofessional he was.

So I got home and called the police desk. They said they had no such vehicle and expected officers to obey traffic rules except in an emergency. She asked if I got the tag, which I did not. I was recording, but he had no front plate (we don't have front plates in Oklahoma.). I guess I don't know if federal cars have front plates, but I don't think state and local officers do.

So I guess I am not as emotionally tough as I used to be, but his anger bothered me.

At any rate, I did replenish my Pokeball supply.

Last edited:
Still looks like I might hit 9000 miles before my service/checkup on Wednesday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29955760285/in/album-72157671403283132/

29955760285_0712fad502_h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed the Strobes & More E3 LED brake light strobe below the stock taillight. I originally bought it for my 2012 but never installed it. The recent thread on visibility lighting prompted me to get it done. It's set on a repeating quad strobe pattern.

Took an early morning 165 mile breakfast ride, got home ~11 while it was only 87º.
Hopefully today is our last 100º day this year. :cool: Supposed to be down to the 70s by the weekend. :)

At almost 43k miles I just lubed my clutch cable for the first time, huge improvement like oiling your chain for the first time big. Duh noob lol

Just purchased (more of a different project than my NC), and it will add a whole new level to filming for the bike... Speeds up to 40 MPH, range of 4+ miles and "follow me" programming. Live Streaming at FHD and recording at 4K

Mavic - Wherever you go

I spent the entire morning flying my drone. I usually go out with two batteries. There are now two good motorcycle drones on the market, Karma and Mavic. Both look real nice and will work for motorcycle useage. When will you get your Mavic. What exactly comes with the Mavic for the $1400 price tag. The Member's Mark 16" Safety Protective Box case sold by Sam's club for $20 looks prefect for the Mavic, and will fit on the rear motorcycle case rack perfect!

Member's Mark 16" Safety Protective Box - Sam's Club

I installed the bikemaster forward pegs on the SW motech crash bars. It took some sweat, as they are an inch and the bars are 2.6 cm. I put two coats of black paint on all the shiny parts.

Went for a ride. I like them! They are a little higher and more forward than I wanted, but they are as far back and as low as I can get them.

A weird side effect is that I missed the rear brake a few times after using them. I guess the footpegs are further out and it changed my feel for where the brake is.

Yesterday, I moved my bikes, 83 'Wing and 15 NC700XD, from the little one car garage to the new 12x24 shed. My lady can now park her car inside before bad weather gets here.
new shed and stuff 009.jpg

Also received my windscreen, as suggested by DDuelin (thanks, Dave) and my front fender extender. And a new rain suit. Also installed the Puig Hugger inner rear fender. Got word this morning my OEM Honda panniers have shipped. So, I'm into this another $1000+ and have only put a couple hundred miles. She's gonna need tires soon, too.

I spent the entire morning flying my drone. I usually go out with two batteries. There are now two good motorcycle drones on the market, Karma and Mavic. Both look real nice and will work for motorcycle useage. When will you get your Mavic. What exactly comes with the Mavic for the $1400 price tag. The Member's Mark 16" Safety Protective Box case sold by Sam's club for $20 looks prefect for the Mavic, and will fit on the rear motorcycle case rack perfect!

In the box:
Mavic Pro
Remote Controller
3 Sets of Propellers
Gimbal Clamp
Charger/Power Cable
16GB MicroSD Card
Micro USB Cable
RC Cable (Lightening/Apple)
RC Cable (MicroUSB/Everyone else)

Included in the Add-ons.
2 Extra batteries (total of 3 batteries, 80 Mins flight time.)
2 Extra sets of propellers
Charging hub
Car charger
Battery to power-bank adapter
Shoulder bag

I will end up using the Shoulder bag, but put it in the top-box I already have, so both protected and padded. Hell, it will fit in the frunk!

Man, I cannot wait - this thing will follow autonomously. Just wish I had it for next week at Horizons Unlimited...

Man, I cannot wait - this thing will follow autonomously. Just wish I had it for next week at Horizons Unlimited...

Are you suggesting that you can ride the bike with the drone in flight and it will follow ?

Added hand guards & Skidmarx / Fenda Extenda

Over the weekend I finally got around to installing the Skidmarx rear hugger (hugga sp?!!) that I had previously painted matte black. Mid-week I had installed the SW-Motech Kobra hand guards & extensions but decided after a couple of rides that they needed some adjusting to provide more coverage over the top of my hands. I also got the Puig front Fenda Extenda installed (no pics).

Showing the Skidmarx from the side so you can see how far it reaches back
2016-09-24-17.27.51-web.jpg 2016-09-24-17.28.16-web.jpg

Removed and put to one side the Honda bracket/clip assembly for holding the brake/ABS lines, then used the supplied clips and bolts plus supplied ties to tidy up the install. Pic from the rear to show tire clearance on the stock Dunlops.
2016-09-24-17.28.42-web.jpg 2016-09-24-17.29.40-web.jpg

Scuffing up the original glossy finish and painting it matte really makes it look close to being OEM!!
2016-09-24-17.28.54-web.jpg

SW-Motech Kobra's with extensions. Yes they're more expensive than the Barkbuster Storms that I was also considering, but I like the look of them with the edgy lines! I will probably add the optional lights down the road when I get additional front fog/DL/spots & rear lights.
2016-09-24-17.30.47-web.jpg 2016-09-24-17.30.05-web.jpg

After adjusting it appears that the DCT's hand brake might have a clearance issue, but it doesn't! Nor has it hampered/changed using the brake, I reach over and pull it back just like I normally do.
2016-09-24-17.30.28-web.jpg

Rest of the pictures show how I positioned/routed the clamps etc. for any future installers interested in seeing one possible configuration.
2016-09-24-17.31.28-web.jpg 2016-09-24-17.31.42-web.jpg
2016-09-24-17.31.59-web.jpg 2016-09-24-17.32.08-web.jpg
2016-09-24-17.32.30-web.jpg

Morning commute starts around 50°F so the hand guards combined with the Honda OEM 2016 5-stage heated grips have really made a nice difference over my unprotected and unheated PCX grips! Normally I'd have to be using winter gloves by now!! Having the dash display the heat setting is also a nice touch!

Had one ride in spitting rain (drizzle) and the hand guards did their job, as did the Skidmarx and front fender extender.

Thanks to everyone who posts their mods and especially the ones that provide pictures and feedback of their installs and experience. It really helps those figuring out how they would like to improve their own rides!!

This too is from yesterday (though I took lots more, as usual): here I'm at Camas Prairie on the Flathead Rez, looking over at an old homestead about 3/4 of a mile away. It was built on the site of the largest glacial lake-bottom ripples discovered. These ripples -- many over 2000 feet long and over 45 feet high -- were caused by the lake bottom being moved by Glacial Lake Missoula's undulating waters during a period about 15,000 years ago when the glacial lake was contained by the ice dams. Today, the area seems desolate for many miles (the longest straight stretch of highway here is always unoccupied and goes on for 7 miles). I'm guessing it was largely the same for the lone homesteader here over 140 years back.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/29357658604/in/album-72157671403283132/

29357658604_d0c7af3ce4_h.jpg

Are you suggesting that you can ride the bike with the drone in flight and it will follow ?

Yep. Though somewhat slow at around 20 to 25 mph (for the full autonomous mode), unless someone chases and controls the drone and turns off the safety of object avoidance, at which point, you could go 40mph.

OCR, in manual mode do these drones require a skill set to fly, stick & rudder, or does a computer maintain stability in all axis while the operator steers it?

Yesterday I got tired of waiting on Touratech to make a top case rack for the 2016 NC700XD and talked Mike at https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule to make one for me. He made a basic rack first that fits using the Touratech pannier rack, then an adapter plate so I could use my existing Honda Top Box.

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

This morning I got the Schuberth SRC-Pro Communication System installed and working in my new Touratech Avenutro Mod helmet.

Today I'm spending the day in the waiting room while my NC' is getting its 16k service and new rubber and other stuff in preparation for another cross country trip to North Carolina starting Saturday.

Front TKC 80 was showing some cracking next to the knobs, so put on a 705 I had on hand. This tire had 1.6k miles when I put it on, and 11.5k hiway miles while on the bike. It was ready to fail if not replaced!

IMG_9807.jpg

Rear 705 150/70 also got replaced after 11.5k of high speed interstate miles, prior to leaving on what will probably be another 6k trip.

IMG_9814.jpg

Also, having my fat-boy handlebars (handguards have to stay off until I get the right clamps for inside the handlebar ends), Rox 2" anti-vibration risers, Honda heated grips, foam grip covers, 12v & USB accessory recepticals mounted inside the frunk, 2" fork extensions, Soupys adjustable shock links (adjusted to raise the seat height a bit), and reverting back to a standard 39T JT rear sprocket (525) installed.

Today will be a pricey bill, hot dogs and noodles to eat for the rest of the week.

Ray

Last edited:
Finally received and installed my Sargent seat. I don't know if I'm all that impressed with it yet. It feels better to sit on, but I guess the real test will be this Sunday when I go for a long ride.

Finally received and installed my Sargent seat. I don't know if I'm all that impressed with it yet. It feels better to sit on, but I guess the real test will be this Sunday when I go for a long ride.

Good luck, and let us know what you think. Everybody has different seat needs. And, I believe Sargent has a satisfaction guarantee return program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back