• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a craft show that my eldest daughter was a vendor at all day Saturday, and then had to work Sunday afternoon. But I did ride to work - it was a beautiful day for it. If you ever want a riding buddy for a NEO ride give me a holler! The last few years I've commuted to work right up until Christmas before putting the bike away!! That start point is about an hour and a half away from me.

Some spectacular fall day in northeast Ohio.
View attachment 31735

Last edited:
I'm off from Oregon to western Kentucky for some deer hunting (and a bit of whiskey drinking & poker). This trip I left the Touratech 45 liter panniers at home, not planning on any camping, just staying in rest areas along the way.

Here's my spot tracker.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=12b88581a3e3b4d788&hoursPast=0&showAll=yes

Ray

Maybe you can meet up with Peergum. There are 1500 miles between you two right now. Looks like you're both going through Memphis but he is three days ride ahead of you.

After finally deciding that for the next year at least I won't pursue the more serious off-pavement riding on my NC700X because my WR250R is already set up so well for it and kicks ***, I ordered Avon Trailriders in the stock sizes. A local rider told me these really were nice on pavement, long gravelhardpack stretches and less strenuous two-tracks, and reviews elsewhere made it sound like they were great in terms of dry-wet pavement handling and longevity.

If I do get more interested in more off-pavement on the NC, it'll definitely be Mitas E-07 on back, and probably TKC80 in front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Bonus Rides

I got to go for a ride while the kids were in school. It's November 7th and 63 degrees out. Not a big deal for some, but I'm in Wisconsin.:D Have to enjoy it while it lasts.

It looks like Ray is probably planning to go through Dallas and Arkansas. If you angle north earlier and come through Oklahoma to Missouri let us know, several of us live around the trip state border and would ride along for a bit or get some lunch.

Maybe you can meet up with Peergum. There are 1500 miles between you two right now. Looks like you're both going through Memphis but he is three days ride ahead of you.

In Memphis currently (Koa). Heading to Nashville tomorrow, probably with the rain. Then either Carolinas or Alabama - already know Georgia. I think I can meet him on my way back depending on timings.

Btw took the MO-160 on my way from Branson to Memphis today and it was gorgeous, full of twisties. With no rain would have been even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After finally deciding that for the next year at least I won't pursue the more serious off-pavement riding on my NC700X because my WR250R is already set up so well for it and kicks ***, I ordered Avon Trailriders in the stock sizes. A local rider told me these really were nice on pavement, long gravelhardpack stretches and less strenuous two-tracks, and reviews elsewhere made it sound like they were great in terms of dry-wet pavement handling and longevity.

If I do get more interested in more off-pavement on the NC, it'll definitely be Mitas E-07 on back, and probably TKC80 in front.

I'm also starting to think the NC is not really a good off-roader... unless you're just do it with no extra load maybe. Wondering how a beemer or an AT feel fully loaded off-road...

It looks like Ray is probably planning to go through Dallas and Arkansas. If you angle north earlier and come through Oklahoma to Missouri let us know, several of us live around the trip state border and would ride along for a bit or get some lunch.

Went from Oklahoma city (and downtown) to Branson yesterday and today to Memphis. I guess I missed you guys... nobody mentioned. Had a beer alone in Branson instead... :(

After finally deciding that for the next year at least I won't pursue the more serious off-pavement riding on my NC700X because my WR250R is already set up so well for it and kicks ***, I ordered Avon Trailriders in the stock sizes. A local rider told me these really were nice on pavement, long grave lhardpack stretches and less strenuous two-tracks, and reviews elsewhere made it sound like they were great in terms of dry-wet pavement handling and longevity.

I'm also starting to think the NC is not really a good off-roader...

Well, that's not really what I'm saying. with suspension upgrade and the typical skid-plate type stuff I think the NC is a real sleeper. Indeed, if my situation were different I'd mod my NC700X a lot more toward adventure as it was originally defined, with a larger off-pavement component, more wild stuff. But because I often ride solo, going into tougher territory alone with a large machine doesn't appeal to me.

But what I am doing is extending my ability to ride more gravel and hardpack roads at decent speed via a more suitable tire set. That still opens up some interesting routes that were not practical for me on sports/touring tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back