• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A local NC rider told me he was really impressed with the Avon Trailriders for 80/20 and wet weather use after using a lot of other 90/10-80-20 tires, so I got a set. I put about 100 miles on them today to get them scrubbed in. Soon as we have a nice day (today was just nasty and cold and wet) and I get another 100 or so in, I'll take pictures. Right now the best observation I can offer up during the wear-in is that with the same tire pressure as the Battlax Bt023 I got 10,000 miles out of, they absorb bumps a lot better and deal with tar snakes with less drama...

As a side note, I have not experienced any slipping on tar snakes with the TKC80 so far... Maybe just because weather is becoming chillier... well, chilly here in Panama City, FL tonight still means 68F :D

So what did I do today? Well I leaned my bike when parked when thinking about going to take a picture of the beach in... where was that again... somewhere lost on the Florida Coast east of Cape San Blas... Thing is, I leaned a bit too much and passed the point of no return... Swearing didn't help... the bike went down... And I couldn't lift the thing up... so I started to unpack everything... It looked pretty newbie... I should have taken a picture... always forget in these moments... When everything was off the bike, tried to lift up... still too much load in the cases... removed one... then a couple came to the parking lot and the guy helped me... Damn, the thing with lifting up is, it's easy... when you don't have sand on the ground and your feet don't keep slipping all the time...

I hate heavy loaded bikes. For my RTW trip, I think I'll just go with a change of underwear and a toothbrush :D

So what did I do today? Well I leaned my bike when parked when thinking about going to take a picture of the beach in... where was that again... somewhere lost on the Florida Coast east of Cape San Blas... Thing is, I leaned a bit too much and passed the point of no return... Swearing didn't help... the bike went down... And I couldn't lift the thing up... so I started to unpack everything... It looked pretty newbie... I should have taken a picture... always forget in these moments... When everything was off the bike, tried to lift up... still too much load in the cases... removed one... then a couple came to the parking lot and the guy helped me... Damn, the thing with lifting up is, it's easy... when you don't have sand on the ground and your feet don't keep slipping all the time...

I hate heavy loaded bikes. For my RTW trip, I think I'll just go with a change of underwear and a toothbrush :D

Did you try something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84YfDGKA4Og

Did a little wrenching tonight. Installed the Honda rack and top box. It looks good on the bike. 45 liters sounds like a lot and it is just about right for 'round town and a short trip but I may go larger if I make one of those "Peergum-type" journeys!

Hmm, on second thought, the change of undewear and a toothbrush might be about right :p

Last edited:
I've really gotten spoiled with all the usable space in my Junior55 top case. That shape really works without dragging down my fuel economy and it looks clean too!

Did a little wrenching tonight. Installed the Honda rack and top box. It looks good on the bike. 45 liters sounds like a lot and it is just about right for 'round town and a short trip but I may go larger if I make one of those "Peergum-type" journeys!

Hmm, on second thought, the change of undewear and a toothbrush might be about right :p

Funny that I thought tank refills would be a nightmare but not. In fact it takes around 10 secs to unstrap the duffle bag and same to strap it back. And I had bought an extra gallon jerry can that I have not used so far (still full). Refilling allows for pause and my butt appreciates. Plus it also allows for some food sometimes. 14 liters allows for quite some ride. The most annoying part in the process is, I have to go to the counter each time because I can't use my credit card at the pump (no US zip) and try and guess how much to pre-authorize. Getting good at it btw [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, on second thought, the change of underwear and a toothbrush might be about right :p

I have this two-pocket Dirt-Bike-Gear.com number plate bag on my WR250R. holds my tool roll, a 1 liter bottle and a bunch of other incidentals that are handy to have top access to. Thinking about putting one on my NC above the headlight, against the bottom part of the windshield -- it'd be a good place for the clean-up kit...

index.php

index.php

Well it wasn't me, but my neighbor was rear ended on his NC Tuesday night.
He is a little sore only one scrape on his ankle.
The driver that hit him left the scene, still talking on the F...ing Phone.

Funny that I thought tank refills would be a nightmare but not. In fact it takes around 10 secs to unstrap the duffle bag and same to strap it back. And I had bought an extra gallon jerry can that I have not used so far (still full). Refilling allows for pause and my butt appreciates. Plus it also allows for some food sometimes. 14 liters allows for quite some ride. The most annoying part in the process is, I have to go to the counter each time because I can't use my credit card at the pump (no US zip) and try and guess how much to pre-authorize. Getting good at it btw [emoji6]

I believe the postal code to zip code trick is to take the numbers and add two zeros. For example V4G 1H3 would turn into zip code 41300.

I believe the postal code to zip code trick is to take the numbers and add two zeros. For example V4G 1H3 would turn into zip code 41300.

We did this- you can use 00 or 01, depending which one is a valid US zip code (you can check that on the internet, or try at the pump)

Remind me to never ride along with you... do you even sleep? and I thought I was iron butt'd... nothing compared to you :D
Yes I sleep (& eat), $29 motel in Amarillo, on the Moto-Mule 'RV' in a rest stop west of Needles, CA, and last nite Motel 6 in Redding, CA (it was too cold to overnight in a rest stop). Usually breakfast is McDonald's or Denny's, supper is usually at Golden Corral, or if unable, at Denny's or fast food. Lunch is a Hershey bar (never miss a chance to eat some chocolate). During the day I sip ice tea from my cup holder on the handlebars.

Sun coming up (sorta) outside Needles, packed and ready to roll again!

IMG_1498.jpg

If I wasn't crossing from central USA to western USA on the interstate hiway system, cranking along at 70-80 mph, it would be very difficult to make these long runs. I am dressed for the weather and sitting on my heated RDL behind my Madstad windscreen listening to radio or movie soundtracks via Bluetooth in my helmet. I have Dale's rack, with the gas access hole, so refueling is quickly done, easy peesy. When temps get low (30's-low 40's) I put a HotHands Superwarmers pad (https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n) in my gloves and shoes. When weather gets wet, I put on the gortex. Yesterday was only about 700 miles because here in California I am limited by their 55 mph speed limit for all vehicles towing a trailer. On this trip from hunting in Kentucky, with just one side diversion to Colorado, I am on the hiway heading home, as quickly as I can. I normally cut up thru Utah, but forecasted snow caused me to swing back south and over to California.

Ray

Last edited:
Yes I sleep (& eat), $29 motel in Amarillo, on the Moto-Mule 'RV' in a rest stop west of Needles, CA, and last nite Motel 6 in Redding, CA (it was too cold to overnight in a rest stop). Usually breakfast is McDonald's or Denny's, supper is usually at Golden Corral, or if unable, at Denny's or fast food. Lunch is a Hershey bar (never miss a chance to eat some chocolate). During the day I sip ice tea from my cup holder on the handlebars.

Sun coming up (sorta) outside Needles, packed and ready to roll again!

View attachment 31806

If I wasn't crossing from central USA to western USA on the interstate hiway system, cranking along at 70-80 mph, it would be very difficult to make these long runs. I am dressed for the weather and sitting on my heated RDL behind my Madstad windscreen listening to radio or movie soundtracks via Bluetooth in my helmet. I have Dale's rack, with the gas access hole, so refueling is quickly done, easy peesy. When temps get low (30's-low 40's) I put a HotHands Superwarmers pad (https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n) in my gloves and shoes. When weather gets wet, I put on the gortex. Yesterday was only about 700 miles because here in California I am limited by their 55 mph speed limit for all vehicles towing a trailer. On this trip from hunting in Kentucky, with just one side diversion to Colorado, I am on the hiway heading home, as quickly as I can. I normally cut up thru Utah, but forecasted snow caused me to swing back south and over to California.

Ray

As long as the final destination is what only matters, you seem to have a good strategy. And I guess being limited by time is also a factor.

I've only taken the interstates when I needed just to reach the destination fast. Otherwise stopping from time to time and taking some pictures gives more sense to my trip. Although I sometimes still fee like I'm just going through places. But visiting or staying longer somewhere also means adding nights to the bill (even camping comes with a price sometimes esp. in Florida..)

Ride home safe. And don't be too hard on the mule [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back