• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm two notches beyond pissed. I was going to stay home today and do some chores, but wifey told me to go riding. Then she went off to a flower show, so what the heck, I went riding. About 7 miles from the house I come to a stop sign. Push the pedal, no rear brake! nada, nothing. I also hear some clanking. I get to a good spot to stop and inspect the rear end...the caliper was sitting all catywhompus. I was afraid something broke!. I inspect a little more...both mounting bolts are missing!!! Now remember my recent post about getting a new tire yesterday....those idiots didn't torque down the caliper mounting bolts!!! The trouble I had with the rear brake a few months ago was after a dealer tire change....hmmmmm

We are going to have words when they open Tuesday!! Dubb is getting some freebies and they are not touching my motorcycle again. I used to brag about these guys...no more.

The biggest pain....I lost a good riding day!!

That kind of crap just shouldn't happen. They are messing with people's lives. There's no room for shoddy workmanship. They should be double and triple checking what they do.

Heard too many stories like this - just ordered a shop manual and and will do all my own work from here on out. Please let us know what happens on Tuesday.

I'm two notches beyond pissed. I was going to stay home today and do some chores, but wifey told me to go riding. Then she went off to a flower show, so what the heck, I went riding. About 7 miles from the house I come to a stop sign. Push the pedal, no rear brake! nada, nothing. I also hear some clanking. I get to a good spot to stop and inspect the rear end...the caliper was sitting all catywhompus. I was afraid something broke!. I inspect a little more...both mounting bolts are missing!!! Now remember my recent post about getting a new tire yesterday....those idiots didn't torque down the caliper mounting bolts!!! The trouble I had with the rear brake a few months ago was after a dealer tire change....hmmmmm

We are going to have words when they open Tuesday!! Dubb is getting some freebies and they are not touching my motorcycle again. I used to brag about these guys...no more.

Hmmm. Wifey TELLS you to go out riding, she disappears, and then your brake falls off.

You guys getting along OK?

Just kidding. The dealer is your prime suspect. Please let us know what you find out when you go back.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Wifey TELLS you to go out riding, she disappears, and then your brake falls off.

You guys getting along OK?

Just kidding. The dealer is your prime suspect. Please let us know what you find out when you go back.

hadn't thought of that....

I was just out in the garage looking things over and I saw that the threads for the mounting bolt in the caliper were buggered....damn them....Looks like the bike is going on a trailer to the dealer next week.

Had to replace the battery on my '12 this morning. The only place that had a battery was Advanced Auto and it was a lithium ion battery and it weighted about what a softball would. Also it puts out 265 cca, more than the stock. So far so good. Just the price, $146.

I feel your frustration. Luckily I caught mine before something bad happened. I had the right fork seals replaced under warrantee at about 1k miles. When I rode the bike home, I discovered that the axle pinch bolt was halfway out. I discovered their other flub last week when I installed the Cogent goodies. All of the bolts were WAY over torqued. I will never take my bike to the dealer if I don't have to. I won't be putting my life in the hands some half-baked mechanic who I don't know.

Had to replace the battery on my '12 this morning. The only place that had a battery was Advanced Auto and it was a lithium ion battery and it weighted about what a softball would. Also it puts out 265 cca, more than the stock. So far so good. Just the price, $146.
what did you use for a replacement? I also own a 2012 NC700X and was just thinking about the fact it is getting close to that time. Just this morning I put a new battery in my 2012 Mazda 5. Got me wondering what I should get for a replacement in the bike when that battery dies?

20160314_130554.jpg Trying out my new camping gear for my NC
I know the tent is kind of small but will do for my first few shorter trips.
Hope to get to use it in April to meet some of you in Arkansas .20160314_130719.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of a spending spree...
==>Shinko Raven rear tire for my DCT
==>Shinko Raven front and rear tires for my X (my son rides it)
==>Motech center stand for my X (so I can help my son change the tires)
==>sheepskin pelt and straps to fashion some seat comfort
==>a Seat Comfort replacement seat for my CRF250L
I think that's enough for now.
Oh... and one more big one... prescription sport glasses for riding and skiing. :)
I'm a happy camper... since hotels won't be an option for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Had a call and an email from the dealer today (first day open) in response to a negative review I posted on their site. I met with someone from the dealer and they now have the bike and plan to make me happy. If they do, great. I've always liked this dealer and been treated well, but they need someone new mounting the tires. They are replacing the rotor and the caliper. It got a little nicked up bouncing around. He offered to refund the tire, but I asked for the rotor instead. It was chewed up the last time I bought a tire and they jammed up the pads in the caliper. He agreed. I will check it all carefully when they return the bike. I still love my NC.

Installed the givi three lock kit, so now all the luggage opens with the same key. Why they still send 2 keys per lock (6 keys) when all I need is one is beyond me.

Cut my kickstand down about 3/4" to get a better lean angle after lowering the bike about 3/4". Cut it off at the bottom, just at the lower edge of the little rod that sticks out. Then welded a new, bigger bottom plate on it (cut from a piece of metal I had laying around). There's probably twice the surface area as the original one now.

Obviously, I'm not much of a welder.

Kickstand Mod.jpg

Last edited:
Installed an R&G Shock Sock - inside out - and added some forum bling!
db75817f1ad3c647a47796c3459bce03.jpg
d84947eba954bf6241e8c296d91d1aa1.jpg
e9b23d2ea34e4121213cb83534c311af.jpg

I finally got around to fitting my Wilbers shock today. Removing that body work is tedious to say the least. One of the bearings on the lower end of the tie arms was partly seized but I managed to loosen it out and regrease. It will hold for a couple of weeks until I get in some new bearings. All the other bearings were ok and the swingarm had no play in it so I left it alone. The movement of the shock is as good as I expected it to be, and tomorrow I will dial it in.

I found a couple of rust spots here and there under the bodywork on various brackets and frame welds. I so envy those of you who live in a dry climate. However it is also evident that Honda quality is not what it used to be.

We went for a bit over 100 miles ride through some nice green rolling hills, with a stop for a bite to eat at a Salvadoran place.
A week of rain followed by sunny temps in the low 60s & 70s has really helped the trees/plants grow. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back