• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold both my motorcycles, my car, my two bicycles, my fishing boat, my lawnmower, and my John Deere utility vehicle.
I am going to walk everywhere and become one with the earth.

April Fools.

Made a box for my grip heater pwm unit. Cut a slit with my wire cutter/crimper and folded it over. Messed up with the clear paint, so I cleaned as much as I could off and put three layers each of primer and clear coat. Needs to cure over night. The gasket is some cheap rubber stuff from lowes--soft and pliable, only putting it on one side since it'll probably be a pain to install/remove the controller otherwise. The pb rewards card is one that apparently failed to activate, put there to keep the board from scratching through the paint and shorting out...but just realized I put it on the wrong side. Just need to drill some holes and install some standoffs for the board now.

DSC_0095.jpgDSC_0094.jpg

I figured out how to wheelie, and I'm so good at it now that I removed the front end entirely!

26d523eb8a6e4179170aac042c67a21b.jpg

Took the battery off the tender and stucker in the NC today. Same thing with the Vee. Fired them both up. Riding tomorrow. First rides of the season. It's go time.

Got the Denali SoundBomb Mini install completed. Probably not quite as loud as some of the other options out there, but no relay needed for this one. Sounds so much better than the stock! Couldn't get the Madstad windscreen installed as they sent the brackets for a pre-2016 model - will contact them on Monday about getting those swapped out. Got the SW-Motech Alu-Rack installed, as well as the Quick-Release Soft Carrier plate. Cleaned & oiled the chain. Cleaned the rest of the bike, getting most of the road grime from the recent rainy commute rides taken care of. Oh, and installed the R&G Shock Sock.

Took care of some honey-do stuff.

My team (Liverpool) won their local derby. Man Utd. didn't win.

Overall a pretty good day!! Could only have been better if it wasn't overcast and cold AND had time for a ride. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I'll correct that!

Installed new chain and sprockets.
Tried to install brake pads, found out the wrong bads don't fit, so put the old ones back on. Now I know how easy they are to change.

Last edited:
Took a ride this morning - 110 miles with a nice breakfast thrown in. Cold and overcast here in Portland, but dry... Trees was the theme - found a strange one and also visited the region where over 5 million Christmas trees are harvested each year.

Attachments

• DSCN1951.jpg
    DSCN1951.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1954.jpg
    DSCN1954.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCN1955.jpg
    DSCN1955.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 167
  • route.jpg
    route.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 174
Weatherman said just 15% chance of rain. How that I knew for sure that it was going to rain, I went for a ride. Man is that weatherman accurate. It rained 100% of that 15% chance for rain, and the other 85% was just hard hail.

Always believe the weatherman and the internet???????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Pulled both sets of brake pads, cleaned the pistons, replaced the brake fluid. Lubed the chain. Tightened DCT parking brake.

Installed RaceTech Gold Valves, first extended ride with them, so far so good. Mileage is way off for some reason, (45mpg), probably should reset the trip meter.

Out riding in the rain cleans off all the winter dust:

d8fd0da485526f08398ee135da45909f.jpg

SuperTux, I see you have seal protectors on. I've done a few hundred miles now with my zip-on Seal Savers and so far, so good. one of these days I'll get a shot of them on the NC. 'Til then --

Seal Savers by greenboy, on Flickr

Four full bags of groceries on board. (Including two half gallons of soy milk) and I dont even have panniers yet! Most useful motorcycle I have ever owned!!!

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 133
70 miles of back roads with my daughter on the PCX150. Stopped for coffee in a town that gets a lot of parked bikers and had a great conversation with a couple on a HD with a friend on a Burgman! Really interested in both the PCX and the NCX!

70 miles of back roads with my daughter on the PCX150. Stopped for coffee in a town that gets a lot of parked bikers and had a great conversation with a couple on a HD with a friend on a Burgman! Really interested in both the PCX and the NCX!

Met a couple that were going through Glacier NP last summer on a PCX150. they were pretty pleased with it and typically got over 100mpg and could reach decent blue highway speeds usually. To top it off, the lady in back was carrying a mid-sized and rather heavy dog in a front-pack baby carrier, and the dog seemed comfortable between her front and her husband's back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back