• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that was it. It looked rough before I cleaned it and there were some slight kinks. Definitely need to keep an eye on that. I also cleaned some of the gunk behind the cover at the front sprocket.

Changed the oil yesterday (a little over 12k miles on the bike) as I didn't trust the previous owner. Oil filter and drain bolt were both cranked on too tight, of course! Not telling you which oil and filter I used (just kidding, KN204 and Rotella T6 in this case - I typically use the non synthetic T4 15W40 or the synthetic T6 in all my bikes - end of oil discussion!). The chain noise has returned so I suspect there are some slight kinks. I may end up replacing the chain and sprockets next.

It was dark when I finished so I look forward to the maiden voyage with fresh oil today! Even if it's only for 15 minutes.

I ordered a pr4 front tire at about 6,000 miles to replace stock.
I replaced the rear at about 3000.

Then I rode up into Kansas. I have been reading about the Osage Indians, and I found a small museum at St. Paul, Kansas that covered their period there, along with post Osage local history and a big game trophy museum attached to it. Apparently a local guy hunted widely in Africa and when he died he wife paid to build a small wing onto the museum, presumably to get his trophies out of the house.

I also'passed some nice churches, including this ruined one. Quite atmospheric. The little one in the background is older. The big one burned and they just went back to the small one. Reminds me of Ireland.

IMG_0089.jpg

I had a nice meal at the St. Paul cafe (only place to eat there, but good food.).
Lasagna by Janice.

IMG_0095.jpg

They also had this in the museum: next post

Last edited:
Sorry, see below.
I do not understand why sometimes it posts the picture and sometimes a link.
And apparently some links work for me that do not work for others.

Last edited:
I cannot see any difference in the coding, but apparently there is one.

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

Last edited:
Put ne Avon Trailrider rubber on Wednesday than did something I hate, put it on a trailer. Needed to bring more than bike would carry to Virginia Beach so pulled it 600 miles yesterday. Going for a few rides this weekend with my son and some of his friends I'll trailer up to Winchester Tuesday then do some riding in that area the next few days while my wife is at work.

Anxious to see how the Trailrider tires perform.

The Trailrider as I see and feel it is much like a Shinko 705 -- but with a multi-compound advantage. I'm not sure about longevity increase until I get a lot more miles on it, but it definitely seems to have advantages of better traction and feel in turns, on wet pavement, etc. I took it easy for the first 100 miles or maybe a bit more until I was feeling it was scrubbed in. Hope you like it too!

Lake mineral wells state park texas

873698849ffdc68cfeac6a46a08110b4.jpg

dual sport a NC700X

21 in Front Wheel 8.00 in fork travel,Spoked wheels front and back.custom skid plate,side crash bars.
It makes riding in dirt or sand so easy,now I just love it but needs just a little more power for street riding.

Attachments

• HM NC700X.JPG
    HM NC700X.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 337
21 in Front Wheel 8.00 in fork travel,Spoked wheels front and back.custom skid plate,side crash bars.
It makes riding in dirt or sand so easy,now I just love it but needs just a little more power for street riding.

ooooh, ahhhh :cool: That's beautiful, nice work! :D

Can you explain the conversion little bit more in depth? Who did it and how much did the set up cost?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back