• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washed the car.
Got some Sc¤tch extreme dual-lock fasteners, cut them to about 1"x.5", and stuck'em on the 3CS relay. Seems secure, comes off with a twist.

Portland, OR Represents!

I was joined by KDrob, bellyrub and shaggymonkey for a 160 mile eastern Portland Oregon riding adventure. It was great to meet fellow NC enthusiasts. We started with the best of intentions, but were met with heavy fog that ended the first leg after only 45 minutes due to visibility issues. We stopped at a country eatery and enjoyed some coffee and breakfast for about an hour - we got to know each other and long lasting friendships were born.

Once the fog cleared, I lead the group for the reminder of the morning. We ended up in Sandy where shaggymonkey announced he knew a few great roads in the area and the leadership changed and he took the lead for the afternoon. We ended back in Sandy for lunch - note to self...be careful when KDrob suggests the pub - the menu tells the story (actually, we were welcomed and had great burgers!).

We ended the ride by heading north were most of the group lived and then split up for the final 20 miles each. We had a GREAT day and will do this again soon. (Thomasec - we missed ya, man!)

DSCN1945.jpg
The Machines

DSCN1948.jpg
(L to R) PortlandZinMan, KDRob, bellyrub and shaggymonkey)

IMG_5446.jpg
The menu at the "Biker Friendly" pub.

route.jpg
The Route - 162 miles total for me....

First ride since early December when the snow started to fall. Did some slow speed maneuvers...rusty!!! Went for a 45 minute burn around...still smiling...

Two motorcycles, five wheels (you do the math). Enjoyable 100-mile asphalt trek today with longtime riding buddy (and fellow ex-Brit) Steve, with a lunch stop in Dana Point (Orange County, California). It's not my cup of tea, but Steve is fairly happy with his recently-acquired Piaggio MP3 500. He tried to out-accelerate me off the line during a couple of red-to-green lights on Pacific Coast Highway. Ha! Good luck with that, CVT-boy! (Sport 3 mode on my 2016 NC700X DCT rocks!)

Steve-Lee-ride-031917d-w1300.jpg

I've been riding the better 40 and 40+F days that are available to me (anything colder means outlying areas are most likely still frozen and have enough snow/ice to be a problem). These conditions limit me to less interesting rides of less than 120 miles unless I do repeating, so I haven't been taking pictures. Once the initial escape from cabin fever wears off, I feel like I want to curtail such rides; we'll see if I can stick to this until the rides are more rewarding ; }

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my bike out of storage. It sat for 5 months, full tank of Ethanol free, Canadian Tire fuel stabilizer, Battery Tender Junior. I have a slow leak in my rear tire so it was flat. Not a spot of oil on the floor, no leaks. Started first attempt. I'm tempted to go for a ride but instead will take the wheels in and get my new tires mounted.

1.JPG
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByWNnj7blTF2VDFveUl4cHgxYXc[/video]

Rode to work, was noticing the difference with the LED headlight. I don't know when I'll get to actually run it at night... Is really not something i do much of.

Today I walked into my pole barn and made an observation about the moderate amount of sawdust covering my NC.

Which LED did you use?

Amazon.com: Evitek LED Headlight Bulbs for Cars Motorcycles- Hi/Lo Beam H4 9003- Plug n Play, 40W 6500K Pure White OSRAM Chip LED Bulbs: Automotive

I don't know much about LEDs so I'm sure someone else can tell you if it was a good choice or not. I can say it's plug and play and the little metal prong part the goes in the housing comes off so you can get the rubber seal on and all that.

It was kind of funny, after i got home i was playing with my phone/charger setup, i had the key on but the bike was off and the was a strange noise. It took me a few seconds to realize it was the fan on the back of the bulb.

Rode my bike home today! Been waiting on the weather.
Man, I've owned a GS550, (5) CBR's (8)900rr's (3) GSXR 750's, a VStar 1100 Silverado, (2) Magna 750's and now after a 5+ year break I think I found my favorite ride ever.

So smooth... comfortable, punchy but not so much I'll be dealing with Captain Law a lot. Can't wait to put some real miles on this bike.

Also my youngest daughter approves!

Well done Honda!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.44.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.44.21 PM.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.44.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 10.44.11 PM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.