• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon.com: Evitek LED Headlight Bulbs for Cars Motorcycles- Hi/Lo Beam H4 9003- Plug n Play, 40W 6500K Pure White OSRAM Chip LED Bulbs: Automotive

I don't know much about LEDs so I'm sure someone else can tell you if it was a good choice or not. I can say it's plug and play and the little metal prong part the goes in the housing comes off so you can get the rubber seal on and all that.

It was kind of funny, after i got home i was playing with my phone/charger setup, i had the key on but the bike was off and the was a strange noise. It took me a few seconds to realize it was the fan on the back of the bulb.
I'm using the same LED, I was asking because people have talked about buying the new Cyclops and said they'll install it later so I was curious. 70% off my riding is in the dark and the Evitek works well, better then stock for sure but I would like more light but also don't want to blind oncoming traffic. I'll probably just install some auxiliary lights

Last edited:
Experimented! It was cool, windy, and overcast, so not really a day for a long ride.

1. How long does it take me to gear up and get out the driveway?

This is with all the gear, helmet down to boots, plus a go pro and a helite air vest. Bike in garage on battery tender, in stand.

Total: 11:30.

2. What is the best position for the Madstad? Gusts to 35 mph today (56 kph), good time to find out.

a. All the way down - noise and problems on top of the helmet.
b. one inch up - a little quieter, still some bufffeting, a little air underneath.
c. two inches up - probably best, quiet, a good bit of air underneath hitting lower chest and arms.
d. Almost all the way up - very quiet and no air to head, blasting me with cold air underneath, top of windshield about where i usually look.
(6'3", 22" madstad, slightly longer torso than normal, Shoei neotec helmet)

3. New Alpinestars Corazal boots, christmas present: very warm and comfortable, feel very secure. Slow to put on, not exactly built for running.

4. Rode to Joplin to try out this double traffic circle near the hospital.

I am ok with traffic circles, but this is two of them close together, both two lanes, and you have to go 270 degrees (3/4 of the way) around BOTH of them to get into the hospital. (assuming you are coming from town, which is to the north)

When you exit the hospital, if you are in the south lot, you have to turn LEFT across traffic exiting the traffic circle, which is not stopping. (intersection not in picture)

This seems to me to defeat the whole purpose of a traffic circle, which is to reduce t bones and such from left turns.

This picture is from the south.

hospital roundabouts.jpg

That is the Joplin Harley dealer lower left. Interstate 44 at top.

Last edited:
I see how much some of you fiddle with Madstads and always are comparing notes to optimise. ...Glad I feel all sorted out with the Ermax Touring +15cm in conjunction with the cheap chinese eBay clip-on. One clip-on angle adjustment and I felt the combo was working well for any weather I'll ever ride in, and I love the darker tint below and the clear tint above. Not saying the Madstad isn't a great product, but I like things that don't encourage me to always be fiddling ; }

If I ever break the Ermax I'll probably get polycarbonate in a similar height and use the clear clip-on with that.

I pulled off the wheels, going to take them to the local bike shop
1.jpg

But I had to go out and pickup a 17 mm socket, poor planning.
2.jpg

3.jpg

I used some bailing wire to support the front caliper.

4.jpg

I'm a little concerned about these side collars. Any tricks to keep them safe? What about tape or cardboard to protect the disks, does anybody do that?

5.jpg

I pulled off the wheels, going to take them to the local bike shop
View attachment 32826

But I had to go out and pickup a 17 mm socket, poor planning.
View attachment 32827

View attachment 32828

I used some bailing wire to support the front caliper.

View attachment 32829

I'm a little concerned about these side collars. Any tricks to keep them safe? What about tape or cardboard to protect the disks, does anybody do that?

View attachment 32830
I don't worry too much about them the spacers and dust seals I gently wipe down right away and when re-assembling I put a small dab of grease and smear it all over as far as the disc I haven't done anything to protect it through 50,000+ miles and 3 tire changes. I did the same thing with the 17mm Allen, I had the back tire off already when I figured out I didn't have a Allen that big for the front lol. I'm sure it's fine but I would be nervous about hanging anything off the radiator, I hang the caliper from my light bar but if I didn't have that I would use the fork mount or something sturdy and not made of aluminum and costing $500+

Last edited:
Tied mine to the frame tube behind the radiator last time, iirc. Disc should be fine, just be careful not to drop it (shouldn't shatter or anything, but you could cause some superficial damage, or bend it if you went all gorilla on it).

Made my last payment on my bike that was purchased August 2013. And kind of on a whim I purchased the danmoto jisu exhaust and next week I'll see what it's like to have a bit more attitude to the bike, albeit just decibels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About a month ago I've ordered Givi e22N side cases. The purchase did not go thru (Italian vendor screw-up). That's not so bad, since I ended up ordering medium Tusk aluminum cases from Rocky Mountain ATV MC. They've arrived in two days. I'm still in process of installing, but it looks like that I did not make mistake. They look robust and of decent build quality. As far as the installation goes, I'll take a "Hockey puck" approach. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive. This is how they are going to look like on the bike (pardon the mess in the garage):

Tusk2.jpgTusk3 (1).jpgTusk4.jpg

About a month ago I've ordered Givi e22N side cases. The purchase did not go thru (Italian vendor screw-up). That's not so bad, since I ended up ordering medium Tusk aluminum cases from Rocky Mountain ATV MC. They've arrived in two days. I'm still in process of installing, but it looks like that I did not make mistake. They look robust and of decent build quality. As far as the installation goes, I'll take a "Hockey puck" approach. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive. This is how they are going to look like on the bike (pardon the mess in the garage):

View attachment 32832View attachment 32833View attachment 32834

What racks are you installing them to?? Looking good!! Also what installation kit are you going to use?

What racks are you installing them to?? Looking good!! Also what installation kit are you going to use?

I'm using Givi side rack PL1111. Unfortunately there is no installation kit for it, but there are some options out there - just google Happy Trails, or Hockey Puck pannier installation. I'll be taking a "Hockey puck" approach, but instead of hockey pucks I'll use rubber mounts.

Last edited:
Is it a challenge PL1111 not being a rectangle? Take a lot of pictures for the mount installation!!

Took the new top case for a test commute today. I can't even tell it's there when it's empty. I was worried that it would interfere with mounting the bike but the rack keeps it far enough back that it made no difference. Next up is to test two up and see how the Mrs. likes the back support.

Commuted for the first time today. Trunk was not in yet so I had to cram my stuff into the frunk.
Kind of bummed I can't fit my helmet into the frunk.. But oh well. Bike handled great even with 40 mph winds this morning and a bit of rain.
Still getting used to it, but I still love the comfortable ride it provides!bike.jpg

Replaced my beep beep horn with this BEEP BEEP horn.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The wires would not reach and there was no slack to be gained short of ripping open more than I wanted to. So I made these two extension wires.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

BEEP - BEEP!

Stopped by the Rock Hall.
Live here in Cleveland, been there one time when I shot the opening for the 2013 Induction Ceremony .. it was enough... but it's fun to ride to!IMG_20170324_223703_491.jpg

Got the grips and heating elements on (barely), and managed to give myself a penny sized blister on my palm and snap one of the screws on my barkbusters (meh, the brackets weren't right for the bar geometry anyway). :D
DSC_0064.jpg
Ugh, photos came out worse than I thought. Anyway, what's left is to wire them up and see if I can start a fire. :p
I'll post a full update and better photos in the other thread tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back