• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I store motorcycle in my locked garage. Riding in the rain it gets wet. I often keep the key in the motorcycle so I don't misplace it. Today the key was stuck. Was able to get it out with some brake cleaner. Then the lock wouldn't turn. Used some WD-40 and was back in business.

Moral of the store: Don't leave your key in a wet lock. It might get stuck...quickly(over the weekend). Regular lubing when I do the cables would be a good idea.
Look into how to lube your ignition properly, I think I remember someone talking about normal lube gathering dust like a magnet. I think they said to use graphite. Once again the disclaimer of I don't know for sure.

We did an ~210 mile ride today, hit a head wind that caused my gas gauge to drop at 70 miles to where I'm usually at around 110 miles.
Luckily the wind was mostly behind us from there back and the roads are about 20 mph slower.

I used to complain about Honda not providing a rear hugger as standard equipment. Today I've changed my mind. Low fenders and huggers have no place on adventure motorcycles. The mud I got into, reinforced with pine needles, locked up the bike so she wouldn't go no more. I couldn’t even push it downhill! That stupid hugger rode back to camp strapped on the rack!

There is, of course, a story and lesson behind this mishap that I (might) tell when I have more time! :) In summary, I didn’t drop the bike, didn't fall in the mud, and ended up getting to where I was going. I'm totally certain that the clutch plates are a little more worn after today!

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

Last edited:
I rode about 140 miles to Carthage, Missouri to check out the maple leaves. The festival was last weekend.
The leaves are nice, but maybe not at the peak, or maybe they just won’t be that great this year.

E85864C3-BD28-4E16-9346-98B4707A3FCE.jpg

The Sargent seat is much more comfortable now that it is broken in.

Also this was the first real ride since reinstalling the Madstad for winter.
I found an inch or so down and about half tilted was best going up, but coming back into the wind all the way up and vertical was better. Also helped with the sun.

Been in Denver for 4 days, 2 more to go for work... saw a lot of motorcycles here. Lots of BMW's and such.. but not one NC. Sad showing Denver.. sad.

Been in Denver for 4 days, 2 more to go for work... saw a lot of motorcycles here. Lots of BMW's and such.. but not one NC. Sad showing Denver.. sad.

I’ve spent some time in Boulder, CO and was amazed at how few motorcycles and scooters were there. The climate seemed ideal (for riding), but there’s way more Subarus than motorcycles.

Last edited:
Off for a quick round trip from Portland OR to Yakama WA for lunch. 400 miles should make a decent day of it. Rare Sunny/65 degree riding day this time of the year. Film at 11.

Started a new trip yesterday, naturally left home in Oregon with 3-4 hours of sideways rain that turned into a cloudless sky once I crossed the border into Kalifornia. 12 hours and 650 miles behind me, I pulled into a rest stop for the nite.

Waking to another cloudless sky, packed an ready to ride!

View attachment 35088

I continued down I5 for another 300 miles to my destination, enjoying mid-60’s degree temps until halfway up the Grapevine, there someone seemed to have opened an oven and I was riding into it. Temps jump to mid-80’s and then continued to go triple digits by the time I passed Magic Mountain.

Tomorrow I visit Racetech again, then get some electrical work done later in the week, and then off to Pahrump, NV for another off-roading Rally (ADVrider Rally - 3rd Pahrump NV Rally Nov. 2-5, 2017 | Adventure Rider). After that I’m off to Colorado to pick up my deer rifle, then to Kentucky to meet friends for our annual deer hunt (deer hunting, whiskey drinking & poker, not always in that order). After that, a side trip to visit Madstad in Florida, then back to LA for a Turkey day drum stick. And on Black Friday, the La-Barstow-Vegas off road rally (LA / Barstow / Vegas).

Here’s my Spot track if anyone’s interested:

Puhrump, NV & Kentucky

SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

Ray

You better get down here in the south for hunting sooner than later. The rut is firing up and bucks are chasing does.... Saturday evening after celebrating at a local watering hole for my bagging of a buck, I saw many bucks chasing does. I got out Sunday and started the NC700x up, let her run for 10-15 minutes, lubed the chain, checked air pressure-but I think relaxed riding is not going to be in the picture for a while-cold and wet in the forecast for the next few days.

I used to complain about Honda not providing a rear hugger as standard equipment. Today I've changed my mind. Low fenders and huggers have no place on adventure motorcycles. The mud I got into, reinforced with pine needles, locked up the bike so she wouldn't go no more. I couldn’t even push it downhill! That stupid hugger rode back to camp strapped on the rack!

There is, of course, a story and lesson behind this mishap that I (might) tell when I have more time! :) In summary, I didn’t drop the bike, didn't fall in the mud, and ended up getting to where I was going. I'm totally certain that the clutch plates are a little more worn after today!

View attachment 35090

View attachment 35091

View attachment 35092

you mean, I didn't have to go all the way to CO to enjoy all the riding in slick muck? :)

CCCCOOOOOLLLLDDDD ride into work. But my winter gear worked so that's awesome! Might want one more layer under my jacket to be "perfect".
Nice to be back on the bike after a week out of town.

Off for a quick round trip from Portland OR to Yakama WA for lunch. 400 miles should make a decent day of it. Rare Sunny/65 degree riding day this time of the year. Film at 11.

Turned out to be one of the best rides of my season!

(Wayne writes) At sunrise we took I-84 and US-97 up to Yakima. The trip home was one of Washington's classic motorcycling routes loaded with fun riding and special scenic beauty this time of year. We took US-97 to Goldendale, WA-142 and the Glenwood Highway to Glenwood, the BZ Glenwood Highway to BZ Corner, WA-141 to Underwood, WA-14 to The Bridge Of The Gods and I-84 home right at sunset.

Here is a 3 minute highlight reel.

A quick lunch run to Yakima, WA...400 miles of awesomeness! - Quik by GoPro

Awesome video ZinMan.........being a Bama Boy who has personally ridden some of those very roads back in 2002-2003 on my ZRX1100, very much appreciated for the memories!! AAA+++

Got dumped on in 38 - 42 deg weather on the way home today. Winter gear did well..
but my Sedici "Water Proof" boots... not so much.

Sedici Lorenzo Waterproof Boots - Cycle Gear

After a trip on Wednesday they will be going back. What sucks is they are comfortable and were warm..
But 30 min in a downpour and the top of my feet were wet. Not the top as it was coming in from the opening, but the top of my actual foot right by my toes.
Really disappointed.

My IXS jacket did great as well as my tour master pants... but the damn boots. ERRRRR.

Also... drivers SUCK in heavy rain. Could not believe the stupidity I witnessed.

You better get down here in the south for hunting sooner than later. The rut is firing up and bucks are chasing does.....
Congrats on your successful hunt. I’m just killing time now for the rally to begin. I picked up my deer rifle on a quick trip to Colorado and am ready to skedaddle cross country to Kentucky after Sunday for opening day the following Saturday.

Puhrump, NV & Kentucky

SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

While here in Pahrump, NV, I am checking out the local bucks chasing does too.

9D2B31FC-84B1-4B5E-A407-B9761A8FAF98.jpg

Ray

Finally wired up the lights I put on a few weeks ago, I used a PIAA mount and the wiring that came with the Rough Country lights. Wiring is crammed in one of the fucts, and switch is mounted in front of the frunk vertically in the steering column opening. Not ideal, but good enough for the next 2-3 weeks that I can ride.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have China made Red Wings that keep my feet from getting cold down to the mid 30s(havent tried lower). I have been in some rain storms for 20ish miles and feet wern't even damp. Now if they had the ankle support of motorcycle boots, they would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back