• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2017: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got all the hardware together AND some time to do the install!! Added lights to the light bar and down low at the axle level (with amber lenses + flood version on riders right side). Also got the Kobra handguard LED kit so installed that while the tupperware was off. I modified the Kobra kit so that they would run as DRL's and indicators, i.e. an exact mimic of the stock lights so that they're both doing the same thing at the same time. Picture is with the lights on low beam, 50% brightness!!

View attachment 35158

That looks awesome!

I hope those 9 lights give you 9 lives.

Finally got all the hardware together AND some time to do the install!! Added lights to the light bar and down low at the axle level (with amber lenses + flood version on riders right side). Also got the Kobra handguard LED kit so installed that while the tupperware was off. I modified the Kobra kit so that they would run as DRL's and indicators, i.e. an exact mimic of the stock lights so that they're both doing the same thing at the same time. Picture is with the lights on low beam, 50% brightness!!

View attachment 35158

Close Encounters of the Third Kind............!!!!!!!!!!!
Those different color patterns should catch cagers' attention.........good job!!

I bought this seat over the weekend. Someone used seat concept and added extra padding to eliminate the slope. It adds seats height but I’m six feet tall and so it should be about right. Sat on it and so far so good.

12dd682daa1aceadb3d454806cc4a85c.jpg

a530460b734be41f1296201e593aa997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a bib style, hi-vis, rain pant today. They are from a work wear company. Seems like if motorcycle is in the name the price goes up... The ones I chose had a good price point, seem to be made of a very similar material to what Scott uses for theirs, and can be put on with my boots on provided my yoga balance has been exercised. Time will tell how durable they are and if I made a good investment. I think eventually I will end up with a Roadcrafter so trying to hobble along until then. Hoping to go to the next pop up event Aerostich does in Seattle to get a feel for how they fit me.

Aerostich is worth every penny. Had mine three years now, Darien light jacket and pants. Bone dry in downpour situations lasting hours.

View attachment 35158

So I noticed last night and again this morning that after a few minutes (5+ or so) of running, both sets of Denali lights are flickering. Even when sitting at a light and not moving, which I think will hopefully rule out bad connections? When I first turn them on they're good, I can ride down some bumpy roads and they are still good, but then on a smooth road a few minutes later they start flickering. I thought I read somewhere here on the forums that another member had an intermittent electrical issue and had to re-locate their hardware that was placed on the outside of the frunk from the front where some other OEM controller hardware was, and as soon as they moved it further back their issue was resolved. But I can't find that post or thread now.

My connections are using the Denali harness to the +/- of the battery and the two trigger wires (white & blue) for running lights and high beam lights use the 4 block in the accessory harness that only actually has 3 pins. I have the Denali switch mounted on my handlebars and it did chuck it down with rain yesterday, could that have an impact? If I turn the lights off while I'm riding, and then a few minutes later turn them on, they're good for a short while again.

TIA for any helpful input!

So I cheated and rode my S10 to work today instead of the NC.. It sneered at me as I left today. I actually felt bad. But I had it plugged into the batt tender and under a nice warm cover in my garage so it should be fine.

But I am impressed with the S10... full bags and all and I'm getting 48.7MPG... That's only 13 or so off the NC fully bagged... and 700 more CC's!

Yesterday, had the day off so I completed weatherization work on the house, cars and finally my NC - full detail on the bike with a fuel top-off, little extra air in the tires, a chain clean and lube and into the garage for the season... Most likely won't ride again until March (fair weather rider - will golf instead!)

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 195
  • EFF4B80B-FC6B-40B3-AFA8-3F58C66436E5.jpg
    EFF4B80B-FC6B-40B3-AFA8-3F58C66436E5.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 184
Installed my new Blackwidow Decat pipe (yes, I finally got one :)) and it sounds like a beast! Never knew the NC's engine can bring out such a rich, agressive sound ;)
Can't wait to get out and ride, but I have to go to school today (from 6PM to 9PM), so hooray!

This week..........installed Puig Hugger, new "Asian" Levers, Fork Brace, and am 85% complete with a modified "Poor Boy Tail Tidy" (will cut a new tag bracket this weekend). Waiting for a new battery to arrive........and my spare exhaust system is sitting at the welder's shop for "reconstructive surgery" (i.e. De-Cat). New chain cover farkle is on the way from across the pond.
By the time I get it all done, Old Man Winter will be here.....!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I cheated on the NC again today but I think that's just a little new bike syndrome. But that's not why I'm posting this... TUSK HAND MUFFS.... Cold weather riders... they are $15!!!
Best money spent ever. My hands were HOT in my snowmobile gloves today all the way to work!!!! The mouths have a metal "formable ring" to keep the back open. They are awesome.

$15.99 ---> HERE

20171108_075753.jpg
20171108_075800.jpg
20171108_075806.jpg
20171108_075811.jpg

So I cheated on the NC again today but I think that's just a little new bike syndrome. But that's not why I'm posting this... TUSK HAND MUFFS.... Cold weather riders... they are $15!!!
Best money spent ever. My hands were HOT in my snowmobile gloves today all the way to work!!!! The mouths have a metal "formable ring" to keep the back open. They are awesome.

$15.99 ---> HERE

Thanks for that. I didn't know about the metal and that is really helpful for me.

I just installed some wind muffs on my NC because it sounds like those Tusk ones work good :)
I got some off brand for a scoot instead of Givi ones because those Givi ones look so stupidly huge.
Burned some holes in it to put some screws through because it slipped too much and pushed on the brake lever. Now it sits bolted on the mirrors and bar ends so they don't move that much.

I had a great time at the Adventure Rally last weekend in Pahrump, NV (ADVrider Rally - 3rd Pahrump NV Rally Nov. 2-5, 2017 | Page 63 | Adventure Rider), also including an off-roading course by Jimmy Lewis (Jimmy Lewis Off-Road) where I learned a great deal.

5D18F4C0-C0CF-446F-9A9A-C2EEC1EAB3C5.jpg

CDAE772E-D6F3-4603-B189-30A73514752E.jpg

Can you spot the only NC700X in attendance? Hint, behind the red van.

34D02946-40F2-4CD7-A611-DC6F03A8C4D4.jpg

My purpose for attending these past two off-roading rallies was not to turn my NC700XD into an off-road bike (it isn’t), but to test my and its abilities to survive off pavement (we did) should the need surprise me in my travels.

My trip continued on to Kentucky for deer hunting with my friends. 800 miles on Sunday, 700 cool misty miles on Monday when I decided to spent my first nite in two weeks in a motel,

3D9C5803-0CFA-440C-AA8A-95992EA5AF9D.jpg

and a final 400 miles yesterday when I arrived at my Kentucky destination just in time for dinner.

So far this trip has racked up over 4,700 miles and just halfway over!

My Spot Track is still active:

SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

Ray

Last edited:
Ray, what part of Ky are you in? You get here just as the Artic freeze arrives. It is going to be in the low-20s, upper teens Friday night/Saturday morning. Burrrrr.

Ray, what part of Ky are you in? You get here just as the Artic freeze arrives. It is going to be in the low-20s, upper teens Friday night/Saturday morning. Burrrrr.
Yes, I’m glad I brought my thermals with! Will be freezing my butt opening day trying not to fall outta the tree stand.

Western Kentucky.

F047891F-D4E9-478B-8B69-7CB4FA5C92C0.jpg

Ray

19 deg f when I left this morning at 5:30a. rode threw a few flurries...
Back on the NC as it needed a good run.
I dressed appropriately and it really was not that bad. A tiny spot on my chin somehow was getting a wind blast and after 15 miles that started to hurt but besides that.. it was all good.

NOW... as long as it doesn't snow too much later today I should be good for my ride home.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back