• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday afternoon the temp made it to 34'F and the roads were dry. I bundled up and took the NC700x out for a ride (first ride since before Turkey day)-only 30 minutes but it felt good. It was great except I did realize I am too old for cold riding and need more heated gear (I do have heated glove liners and my hands were toasty and my balaclava under my helmet kept my head warm). My bike is what it is and time for me to invest in some heated pants and jacket and maybe some heated socks. About time for the credit card to go cha ching cha ching cha ching.....

Sunday afternoon the temp made it to 34'F and the roads were dry. I bundled up and took the NC700x out for a ride (first ride since before Turkey day)-only 30 minutes but it felt good. It was great except I did realize I am too old for cold riding and need more heated gear (I do have heated glove liners and my hands were toasty and my balaclava under my helmet kept my head warm). My bike is what it is and time for me to invest in some heated pants and jacket and maybe some heated socks. About time for the credit card to go cha ching cha ching cha ching.....

Hotwired Heated Clothing - Cycle Gear - I have the Jacket Liner and Gloves and they work. They will generally have deals on this stuff if you watch.

There is also a "Winter Gear Bike Nite" at the Louisville shop this Friday (1/12)

Not really done to my NC, but will be enhancing my experience on her. I finally broke down and got some proper boots (had some others, but they were definitely not waterproof in any way). This was an upgrade I spent a lot of time looking at and talking to people about.

ADVENTURE LOW
– Forma Boots

Installed a DanMoto Exhaust System this evening.....will be riding the bike tonight to go lock up the church.....test run. DanMoto muffler/tube/brackets/springs all weigh 5lbs-4ozs. The OEM muffler weighs 8lbs.
I can already tell it's going to "Bark" with full throttle.......sounds like a much bigger engine than 700cc's now. I would like to test out a DanMoto Decibel Killer (baffle) if anyone......
1. has one to sell (they are $18 plus shipping new from DanMoto)..........or
2. can loan me one they are not using.....to try out. If I like it, I'll buy you a new one (if your's is still "pretty" and not all scratched up)

Also, how is the baffle mounted in the muffler....I see no holes in the end??
Thanks
mark444

Testing the Tusk hand muffs or protectors. Because I have full hand guards they don’t really work as intended, but they do keep the wind off my hands. I have not needed the heated grips since putting the protectors on.
It was a fairly short ride. Wind gusts to 35 mph (56 kph) take some of the fun out.

After two weeks of sub-freezing temp, I was finally able to get a ride in today. Did about 85 miles, still a bit cool and was quite windy. Going back into the deep freeze tomorrow with rain, freezing rain and then snow.

Picked up my newly acquired used class b camper van in Tampa and drove back to El Lay, hooked up my newly acquired used Kendon folding trailer and loaded my NC’.

Gassed up and now rolling home to Oregon!

Ray

You are totally set now, Ray! I’m expecting you’ll be showing up in some shape or form at events and gatherings anytime, anywhere!

Yea, finally rode into work today. Mostly super slab but felt great. Riding under stars and crescent moon-at work for an hour than monsoon. Oh well, if it is raining on the way home, throw everything in dryer. Tomorrow, no riding. Weather forecast for Friday: 60'F before sunrise- 20'F at sunset with rain, sleet/ice, and snow falling between sunrise and sunset and back to frigid artic weather, highs in the teens and lows in single digits...

I got home from my commute tonight with about 20 minutes of light left in the day and found my new center stand on the table. It felt like pushing it to get it installed before the sun went down, but I couldn't resist trying. With a little help from a headlamp, I managed to get it done, and I am so excited for chain maintenance to not involve rolling the bike around in the driveway. The install went pretty easy and it works well!

Got out this afternoon for a little ride out to the Oregon coast, taking advantage of the unseasonably warm(er) weather over the weekend.
2018-01-14 Ride.jpg

OK, so not strictly NC, I did get a new set of boots today and have been working on getting them broken in. Forma Adventure Short. Been wearing them inside to break them in before needing them for riding, and I have to say, the will be, easily, some of the easiest boots to get on and off than any others I have tried. great for those with larger calves, and offer the same waterproofing of the full-sized versions. Gonna take some more breaking in, but as there is still a ton of snow on the ground, will be done by the time I ride. Here is a link to the ones I got. Sizing has been spot on, so far. ADVENTURE LOW
– Forma Boots

Walked past it to the car, checking the trickle charger as I went by.

This is the coldest winter in a long time.
In spite of buying a heated jacket and heated pants, I have not been able to ride much.
It has not been above freezing in some time. The main roads would be rideable, but I have more than a mile of ice to get to those roads.

Due to snow and below average temperatures, motorcycles have been parked for almost 4 weeks. Oh well, time to go on a ski trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back