• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warmed up a bit to 50, (10) so took a 20 mile or so ride.
Winds at 35 (56) took some of the fun out.
But not all.

Well i finally ordered a new rear tire....Shinko 805 for the rear, I took off the OEM tire today, and the new Shinko should arrive tomorrow. Also ordered some Triumph fork boots for up front. Those will go on when I decide on a front tire, still stuck between a Shinko 705 or the TKC80 for the front.

Therapy, with you there on the med stuff. Last 18 months have been tough.

Farkin" six days in ICU with septic shock. Sucks. Simple strep bug. No known entry. Kicked my butt.

I am not getting emails (again!) on subscribed threads. Who do I complain to....again?

Farkin" six days in ICU with septic shock. Sucks. Simple strep bug. No known entry. Kicked my butt.

I am not getting emails (again!) on subscribed threads. Who do I complain to....again?

Sorry to hear of your health issue. I sure hope you recover quickly.

PM the “admin” about forum site issues. Maybe he can resolve your subscription issue.

wow...glad to hear that you are better. Some bad stuff out there. Sepsis is what is killing a lot of the flue victims.

First ride since the snows

A little late, here are pics from last Saturday. Low 50s. I rode the Palisades Parkway over to Seven Lakes Drive and then up to Beacon, New York and its falls. The lakes had some ice fishing. Beacon is a great destination. I tend to get a hot chocolate at the coffee shop at the bottom of main street.

Attachments

• 20180201_122916.jpg
    20180201_122916.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 258
  • 20180201_122943.jpg
    20180201_122943.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 20180201_123037.jpg
    20180201_123037.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 20180201_122855.jpg
    20180201_122855.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 257
I put new sprockets 17 front 43 rear, and a new chain.
Using a torque wrench I over tightened one of the nuts holding on the rear sprocket. Lucky for me it stripped the nut and not the stud or hub, $25 later I've got 5 new nuts on their way to my house.
Every brick and mortar within an hour had to order it anyway, might as well order it myself

Added 250cc of Activ8 oil additive now the engines nice and run in

Activ8.jpg

Had to draw 250cc's of engine oil out to make room. I've never had a bike that used NO oil before!

First passenger ride of over 50 miles

Took daughter about fifty miles to a place she likes to get her hair dyed and cut special. Longest ride with passenger yet. Colder than forecast (it was in the low 30s) but we were both well suited up.

Heres a pic of the NC700 chilling in one of its natural habitats, the urban environment, in this case NYC.

Attachments

• 20180203_221734.jpg
    20180203_221734.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 205
Sorry to hear of your health issue. I sure hope you recover quickly.

PM the “admin” about forum site issues. Maybe he can resolve your subscription issue.

Nope.
It was you.
Now I got a email response.
Seems that this server just "does that sometimes" though I am sure it is my fault.

I plan to make the KSL meet in May.

Well, today I've pretty much just lusted after my NC. I havent' been riding in 7 or 8 months. Life, huh? Anyway, last week, I saw my key sitting in its spot looking all lonely so I figured I'd just go see if it would crank. After sitting alone in the shed for 7 months, she fired right up. I left her running and went over to my dad's to help him with a project. About 1/2 an hour later, she was still running just as happy as she could be. I ran inside to grab my gear, but when i came back out, it was pouring rain. One day I'll get to ride again.

Congratulations on reaching the 50K mark.

Pretty bright out for 1:00 AM!

I knew someone would catch that. I changed the battery a few months back but don't use the clock on the bike so what you see is what you get.

I took it across the state to see the Falcon Heavy launch. Met some friends to see the launch from a boat. Perfect weather, but I about wore my clutch out with all the traffic coming home.

057ad067c14d79417efbd68c6759596f.jpg

WCM - DCT would take care of that traffic problem... ;-). Awesome picture!

Sarge - did you do that last mile in little circles so you shoot both pics sitting in the same spot?
>T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back